Tom Jane Punisher Kit-Bash

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Stryker82

Freakalicious
Reaction score
Hello everyone. This is my first kit-bash and I'm very proud of this one. I've been wanting to do this one for a long time. I remembered getting the Toy Biz movie Punisher figure and how disappointed I was with it. So I thought I could do a better one. The only custom job I did was repainting the hair black on the Tom Jane head. Sorry for the bad pics and thanks for looking.

Parts used:

Body- Hot Toys Asian body

Head- Dragon Tom Jane head

Bow & arrows- Hot Toys Rambo III

Trench coat, drop leg shotgun holster, knife w/ sheath, boots- Toy Biz Marvel Studios comic Punisher

Shotgun, silver handgun- Ultimate Soldier 21st Century Toys

2 Silver tipped colt .45s, kevlar vest, belt, pants, shirt, small knife- Toy Biz Marvel Studios movie Punisher

Shoulder holsters- Triad Toys

M4 carbine rifle w/ grenade launcher- Hot Toys

P5190003.jpg
P5190004.jpg
P5190005.jpg

P5190010.jpg
P5190009.jpg

P5190011.jpg
P5190012.jpg

P5190014.jpg

thats an awesome bash. the only thing that i might suggest would be to spray the head with a matte finish as to tone down the shiny look of the hair as it kind of clashes with the rest of the figure. of course that's just one man's opinion. but otherwise.....excellent !!!! dig the posability as well.

thanks for the praise and the tip, barryo. I'll try the matte finish on the head.

thats an awesome bash. the only thing that i might suggest would be to spray the head with a matte finish as to tone down the shiny look of the hair as it kind of clashes with the rest of the figure. of course that's just one man's opinion. but otherwise.....excellent !!!! dig the posability as well.

No, no, no! Don't use a spray. It will just leave it sticky and inconsitantly covered. Definately use a liquid form that you brush on yourself.

Good job by the way.

No, no, no! Don't use a spray. It will just leave it sticky and inconsitantly covered. Definately use a liquid form that you brush on yourself.

Good job by the way.

really?.....i've never run into that problem.......i use a clear acrylic matte sealer made by plaid and i've never had a problem with it being sticky or inconsistent. i just follow the directions according to the can......back off about 10-12 inches and give it a light coat wait a while and do it 2 or 3 more times. but to each his own i suppose.

Thanks for the praise guys. I'll try the liquid matte brush finish on the head as buttmunch suggested. Once I get that done, I'll post more pics.

Hey Pete. Great work on that Punisher! I'd take the advice here about toning down his "shiny" hair, and even getting that shirt that "BlindVoyeur" suggests to look even more like his shirt from the movie. Great work again my friend! Keep it up! :D

This has never once happened with the sprays I use. :gun

And a brush tends to cover more inconsistently than a spray BTW. Either will give you good results as long as you use a light coat.

I'm sure there are some crappy clear coats that dry tacky though, in both spray and brush on forms. Be sure to test any new product before you use it on something you care about.

Actually I airbrushed it onto a black 1/6 T-shirt. I used to sell them on e-bay from time to time.
This is a pic of him all together

P-90.jpg

BlindVoyeur, if you could sell me one of those t-shirts, if you're still airbrushing them, I'll be more than happy to buy one from you. Let me know and your Punisher is pretty cool. Thanks everyone for the praise and helpful tips.

****Update****

Okay. I fixed the hair. I decided to remove the old paint job on the hair and repainted it with Apple Barrel regular black paint. I used Apple Barrel Gloss paint the first time and that's why it looked too shiny and clashed with everything on the figure. Let me know how it looks now and thanks again for everyone's comments and tips.

P5290395.jpg

P5290398.jpg

P5290401.jpg

P5290406.jpg

Back