Toht 12-inch Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Looks good and i would get him, if only i collected this line. Still debating weather i should keep or cancel Indy.

I wasn't really considering getting Belloq before. I have the Belloq exclusive on waitlist, but I really dragged my feet to place the order and I don't really think I'll convert. I wouldn't have been the least bit heartbroken if I never got him. But now seeing Toht, it makes me really want Belloq! I'll even take the regular! I dunno. I like the idea of Indy with 2 villains instead of just Belloq. It makes for a more complete display. See, now I'll have to buy Belloq because of Toht! :mad:

So to summarize: Belloq only, ehhh. Belloq and Toht, :rock

Wow. I really hate being negative but the sculpt isn't quite there. I don't see much more than a passing resemblance. I wish I could see an unpainted sculpt. No one works this hard on something with the intent of less than perfection so I really feel for the sculptor. It must be hard to see so many negative things said. I hope whoever it is he/ she gets the opportunity to rework and refine this sculpt.

He needs flaring nostrils and the(slight)creepy smile.
Perhaps even squint the eyes a scoach.
Cant get excited about anything from SS anymore until I see final production picts.
The P.C. nazis better leave the swastika pin. If Lucass film thinks its ok for the movie it should be ok for the figure.
Grow a pair.

He needs flaring nostrils and the(slight)creepy smile.
Perhaps even squint the eyes a scoach.
Cant get excited about anything from SS anymore until I see final production picts.
The P.C. nazis better leave the swastika pin. If Lucass film thinks its ok for the movie it should be ok for the figure.
Grow a pair.

I agree with everything you say. It's a disgusting logo, an image that instils all the evil and scum that its followers had in their foul souls (and sadly some scum still have), but historically and indeed artistically it will always be there, can't ignore it, certainly can never embrace it, but from an artistic angle we have to tolerate it, at least so we can teach our kids what an evil symbol it is.

The symbol is not evil. In many asian cultures the swastika was a sign of good fortune until the nazis took it and perverted it.

I know in its ancient sanskrit it was (roughly interpreted as) the symbol of life, and similar images have cropped up in Greco-Roman artifacts (infact variations have appeared in most cultures). But in its bastardized, reversed image it has become universaly known as a symbol of intolerance and hate.

I like it, and might get it...But I just wanted to get Indy, Henry Jones Sr., Sallah & Miriam...

So more than likely I will pass...

I'm not completely sold on the likeness in that pic, but will wait for more photos before saying much more. I'm a bit worried to see it looks like it's on the pro - hope they get those joints fixed. But I love the burned hand!

I was so excited about this line when I first heard about it, but after reports of poor construction (on the body and things like the shirt), a very disappointing paint job on Indy and now a dubious likeness of Toht...I'm pretty disappointed.

For me: fatten the lips, correct the nose bridge on the glasses and correct the hat, include a poker, melty head and coat hangar exclusive and I'm good.

There's a lot of stuff in the outfit: shirt, tie, pants, suit, shoes, hat, big overcoat -- that's a lot.

If they add a melty head I don't think anyone can complain too much.

For me: fatten the lips, correct the nose bridge on the glasses and correct the hat, include a poker, melty head and coat hangar exclusive and I'm good.

There's a lot of stuff in the outfit: shirt, tie, pants, suit, shoes, hat, big overcoat -- that's a lot.

If they add a melty head I don't think anyone can complain too much.

Yes, to Pjam you listen.

Toht has a lot of unique clothing elements -- a full trench coat, a double-breasted suit, shirt with pinstriping, hat, glasses, gloved and ungloved hands, etc. -- and lots of possible gear. He should be decked out very well even if we -- god forbid -- don't get the melty head.

But hey, it's a miracle we even got him.

I'm holding out comments on the sculpt until I see more pics next week. But yes, the preview pic -- as always -- is not there. Eyes, nostrils, lips; all look off...but let's see what the proto pics bring. He had a very distinctive look so I do hope they've captured that in the sculpt.

Back