Toht 12-inch Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Didn't even notice the changes to the Indy PF. Sometimes I'm glad not to be that observant. :lol

Toht's frames are a bit thick but otherwise I'm quite impressed.If they do a melty head as a normal extra if I have the extra funds getting a second is a possibility. For me I have to decide with how I'm collecting now is that a must.

Sure, the likeness could be better, but I can't wait to get this figure! Anybody know when he goes up for preorder?

Sure, the likeness could be better, but I can't wait to get this figure! Anybody know when he goes up for preorder?

It will most likely be either next Wednesday (11/26) evening with the Sideshow Weekly Newsletter... or next Friday (11/28) during the "Black & White Friday" event on their site.

It will most likely be either next Wednesday (11/26) evening with the Sideshow Weekly Newsletter or next Friday (11/28) during the "Black & White Friday" event on their site.

major-toht.jpg

I think it looks pretty cool. I think that if the lips were a little longer, wider, it might make a difference. They also have to change the nose connector on the glasses. Overall though, it gives the 'essence' of the character, and that's close enough to me. I'm sure the outfit will look really cool...and he'll look awesome to display with Belloq! :gun

Hope he comes with a cool environment exclusive like Belloq did. A section of the Map Room? A section of the Well of Souls? The Ark of the Covenant???

:rock

That hat is atrocious.

It is slightly Medicomesque looking, but I think it will come out better once all is said and done.

What's odd is that it appears removable. That would be weird, as Toht only took his hat off ONCE very briefly... to wipe off his bald head in the desert heat when they were marching the Ark on the island. I'd definitely prefer a head with the hat sculpted on, especially if it looks better.

But this is just a preview pic, so we'll see.

Doesn't really look like Toht to me, but I've found that Sideshow's 12" figures are "off" in some way shape or form. Glad to see this guy finally being made, regardless. I'm surprised they got away with the Nazi pin. Red Skull fans are probably not happy. :lol

Doesn't really look like Toht to me, but I've found that Sideshow's 12" figures are "off" in some way shape or form. Glad to see this guy finally being made, regardless. I'm surprised they got away with the Nazi pin. Red Skull fans are probably not happy. :lol

I'm sure the Red Skull thing was more due to Marvel than Sideshow.

You know, I just watched ET the other day after, I don't know, many years... and that whole walkie thing is just so ridiculous. I mean, you can see their hands are in the position for holding guns, even have trigger fingers. :lol

Totally off topic, but I gotta chine in here on this. I watched ET not too long ago on TV with my kids...I think it was either on Disney Channel or Nickelodeon...anyway, it was a kids channel and it was the new "sanitized version". The thing that really got me was that they replaced the guns with walkie talkies, changed the line about Elliots older brother wanting to go trick or treating as a terrorist, yet they left in Elliot saying "It's nothing like that ^^^^^ breath!"...and the channel didn't even cut that line! Don't get me wrong, I am no prude and that is one of my favorite lines from the movie...but come on, this was on a kids channel.

Anyway, on with Toht...in all the excitement over Indy himself, I totally missed this news (I always get the newsletter late). My first impression was "meh", he doesn't look that hot, but after comparing pics from the film, I think they did a pretty good job with the sculpt and I am warming to him more and more. I think the main thing that throw it off is the glasses, the rims are too thick. Heck, Medicom pulled off some nice glasses for Henry Sr...Sideshow can do the same and hopefully they do. Also, his eyes seemed off at first, but I think that is because I (like probably most others) associate Toht with the image of him saluting with his burned hand. In that image he is squinting, but in actuality, he has small, round, beady eyes...just like Sideshow's:

r84.jpg

Anyway, upon further review, I am pretty excited about him and can't wait to see more pics and what he will come with. I really hope we get a "melty head", but I hope it isn't the exclusive. I've racked my brain to think of something that he could come with that isn't an integral part of the character...but have come up short. Maybe the poker, but that should really be included with the regular as well. I guess we will know soon.

BTW, he should have a Walther P38 (same gun as Hasbro's 12" German Officer and same gun that the original Megatron transformed into), not a Luger.

It is slightly Medicomesque looking, but I think it will come out better once all is said and done.

What's odd is that it appears removable. That would be weird, as Toht only took his hat off ONCE very briefly... to wipe off his bald head in the desert heat when they were marching the Ark on the island. I'd definitely prefer a head with the hat sculpted on, especially if it looks better.

But this is just a preview pic, so we'll see.

His hat was removed from his head more than once...

I'm surprised they got away with the Nazi pin.
I was as well until I thought about it briefly and realized they'll probably change that too. I can't see LFL letting them get away with it if they made changes to their poster art years ago which featured the swastika. Sideshow seems to make their changes backwards. They do it the right way first, suck us in to place orders and then change it and screw it all up right before they tell us it's going to ship. That's called the bait and switch. No way around that fact. I just don't get it. :banghead
I know to most it doesn't matter because it seems the majority of those here would be completely content if SS changed the swastika to a pink daisy. Then they'd just rave about what a great and awesome job they did on the flower itself and how they can't wait to customize it once they get it. Puleeze!

His hat was removed from his head more than once...
True. Marion knocked it off his head in the Raven Bar.

I hope they don't change the pin... it wouldn't be a deal breaker, but its one of those little details that really sells the figure.

I was as well until I thought about it briefly and realized they'll probably change that too. I can't see LFL letting them get away with it if they made changes to their poster art years ago which featured the swastika. Sideshow seems to make their changes backwards. They do it the right way first, suck us in to place orders and then change it and screw it all up right before they tell us it's going to ship. That's called the bait and switch. No way around that fact. I just don't get it. :banghead
I know to most it doesn't matter because it seems the majority of those here would be completely content if SS changed the swastika to a pink daisy. Then they'd just rave about what a great and awesome job they did on the flower itself and how they can't wait to customize it once they get it. Puleeze!

True. Marion knocked it off his head in the Raven Bar.

Yup...

143.jpg

I think part of the issue with likeness is the face is too serene... Toht was always kind of crazy looking. The sculpt is really too peaceful. I'd prefer something like the above shots.

WTH???
:horror

Seriously guys, I mean, the outfit looks awesome, but somebody mentioned he looks like Harry Potter... I say he looks exactly like Tonner's Harry Potter...

Toht.jpg

:rotfl:rotfl
Seriously, they need to re-do that Head-Sculpt...
or at least give us the alternative melting head, I'd rather display it that way anyways...

WTH???
:horror

Seriously guys, I mean, the outfit looks awesome, but somebody mentioned he looks like Harry Potter... I say he looks exactly like Tonner's Harry Potter...

Toht.jpg

:rotfl:rotfl
Seriously, they need to re-do that Head-Sculpt...
or at least give us the alternative melting head, I'd rather display it that way anyways...

:mwaha :mwaha :mwaha

He does look pretty bland. Not nearly weasely enough. I don't think it is a bad sculpt though. If they include a melting face head, I will definitely click the buy button. Other than ROTLA Indy, this is really the only Indy character I care to purchase.

Back