TOD (You Betrayed Sheeba) 3-3/4"

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I love the attention to detail that Hasbro put into the TOD wave. If you look at the TOD Indy's gas mask bag, you can see the outline of the three stones as if they were in the bag. :)

I love the attention to detail that Hasbro put into the TOD wave. If you look at the TOD Indy's gas mask bag, you can see the outline of the three stones as if they were in the bag. :)

Yes, and if you open the flap, the stones are actually sculpted inside as well!

Awesome work, as always, Hemble. You never cease to amaze. One thing though...I believe it is "Shiva", not "Sheeba".

Hi All

Thanks for all the replies and comments there all very much appreciated, As for the perspective view I was going to do it but decided against it as the cliff sheets were the only 2 they had in store. I did'nt want to wait 2 weeks for more to show up.

Ron

Hi All

meanstreak - Appreciate the replay thank you, As for suggestions,

1:how big do you want it to be
2:do you want extra figures or just the two
3:Is it going to be a perm fixture or can it be moved around.

Ron

I've always wanted to build the cliff face into a wall mount picture frame about 12" wide and 24" tall... and just have a 12" Indy posed like in this classic TOD image

t92.jpg

Would be a fairly simple but really cool display... plus being built into a wall mount picture frame you could hang it up in your movie room.. just another of the 100 or so projects on my wish list !!

That is a brillant idea mate, I might have to give that a go after I do this 1/6 dio. I've worked it out to be 34" high x 18" wide and 12" deep I'm also goingto be doing a tutorial on it as well.

PDVD_012.jpg

Ron

Hi All

meanstreak - Appreciate the replay thank you, As for suggestions,

1:how big do you want it to be
2:do you want extra figures or just the two
3:Is it going to be a perm fixture or can it be moved around.

Ron

No problem. Your dio kicks ass

I'd probably want it to be around the same size
Probably just the two, contemplating on having a Willie and Shortie on top looking down
I'd like for it to move around

Thanks!

Can't wait to see your next dio.

Hi All

meanstreak wrote
I'd probably want it to be around the same size
Probably just the two, contemplating on having a Willie and Shortie on top looking down
I'd like for it to move around

Ok my TOD Rope bridge dio is 14" high x 7-1/2" wide and 3-1/2" deep, the cliff face is from model railway section you can pick it up at any good hobby shop.

If you wanted Willie and Shorty at the top you might want to add about another 5"- 6" on top. And make a ledge going backwards, you can also add the stone pillars that hold the bridge.

As for turning you can buy small turntable at some hobby shops or just look on the net, I know ebay do sell them from time to time.

If you need any other help please feel free to ask.

Ron

hey ron, could ya give me more info (maybe brands, quantity, etc) for the materials you used? i think i can keep it as a perma fixture, how do you have it hanging on the wall? with nails?

If you wanted Willie and Shorty at the top you might want to add about another 5"- 6" on top. And make a ledge going backwards, you can also add the stone pillars that hold the bridge.

Ron

After rewatching that part of the film tonight, I think it would be cool to have Shorty and Willie near the top hanging onto the bridge, Mola and Indy beneath them (with a few arrows stuck in the wood, here and there)

I just need to find a Shorty fig now.

Hi All

Jedi Princess - Thanks for the feedback and it would look good to have the stones glow.

meanstreak wrote
hey ron, could ya give me more info (maybe brands, quantity, etc) for the materials you used? i think i can keep it as a perma fixture, how do you have it hanging on the wall? with nails?

After rewatching that part of the film tonight, I think it would be cool to have Shorty and Willie near the top hanging onto the bridge, Mola and Indy beneath them (with a few arrows stuck in the wood, here and there)

OK the actual stone/cliff sheets I got from my local hobby shop in the model railway section, I used to sheets for this dio I can't recall who makes them but they are made from plastic.

The bridge is made from balsa wood that parts easy, the rope is a ball of yarn I've had for years and years it's used on model sailing ships. I used eight strips and intwined them together to get the thickness I wanted.
Then I used other strips to tie around the foot steps and then tied the main rope to the foot section using other strips.

Withe the extra figures you'll jsut have to extend the bridge itself to fit the other figures on. The arrows can be made from either needles, balsa wood or plastic rod strips and the feathers can be made from paper.

I don't have it hanging on the wall it sits on my shelf, you could hang it on the wall if you wanted you would just to by metal photo frame hooks.

Ron

Back