TMNT (teenage mutant ninja turtles)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Opened mine and had a quick look. Donnie and Raph look good, Leo and Mikey's eyes are abit off but nothing like as bad as some I've seen pictured about

My sdcc set has been delivered in the UK today, dreading getting home and opening it to be honest!

Wonder what I'll get from the Neca lottery -

Derpy eyes
Deformed face
Bad paint
Same side shoulder joints
Same side feet
Missing back of bandana

The excitement is killing me

I got mine today as well, look Ok but haven't had a good look. Box came in good condition but the case is a bit dodgy, the clips have fallen off because the metal rivet type things have dropped off, fixed it but not sure it will last.

I know its unfortunate there was QC issues with this set, but I think we do need to take a second and appreciate that NECA straight up saved us from the horrible playmates license and has delivered us the very best turtles figures we've ever seen though this convention exclusive loophole over the last few years. Cheers NECA

I know its unfortunate there was QC issues with this set, but I think we do need to take a second and appreciate that NECA straight up saved us from the horrible playmates license and has delivered us the very best turtles figures we've ever seen though this convention exclusive loophole over the last few years. Cheers NECA

I second that, I had a little play around with just the Turtles last night and in my opinion they are straight out of the cartoon, on a different planet to anything Playmates have ever done and streets ahead of the Figuarts versions! I paid over the odds to get them here to the UK and don't regret a penny of it.
IMG_7204.jpgIMG_7205.jpg
IMG_7208.jpgIMG_7206.jpg
IMG_7209.jpg

Anybody here plan on contacting Neca to see if they're willing to do anything to correct these "derpy" eyes or are most people fixing the issue on their own?

If I get derp eyes, I'll just fix it myself. Any of the iceberg lounge peeps, I'll fix yours for free. :hi5:

Last edited:
I'm going to have to attempt to fix one of Mikey's eyes too, never done anything like it before but it's so noticeable I'm going to have to give it a go.

My Ralph and Shredder have really stiff shoulder joints, I've tried the hairdryer trick but still still feels like I'm going to break it if I push it too much.
How long do you use the hairdryer on it? Work the joint as you're using the hairdryer?
I saw someone mention something about freezing a figure for half an hour somewhere, anyone have any tips on that?

I saw someone mention something about freezing a figure for half an hour somewhere, anyone have any tips on that?
I can say on a rare occasion I have to stick a figure in the freezer because I heated the joints up with a hairdryer and it still felt like they were going to break. So yeah, 30 minutes in the freezer sounds good. So far, I've never had one break doing this method. It basically just hardens the softer PVC plastic so you're able to move it in conjunction with the hard ABS plastic.

Anybody here plan on contacting Neca to see if they're willing to do anything to correct these "derpy" eyes or are most people fixing the issue on their own?

I emailed them and sent pics. They said "We apologize for the problem with your figure, we have logged your issue in our records. Once replacement parts are available we will send them out to you. Thank you, and again we apologize for the issue."

I'm going to have to attempt to fix one of Mikey's eyes too, never done anything like it before but it's so noticeable I'm going to have to give it a go.

My Ralph and Shredder have really stiff shoulder joints, I've tried the hairdryer trick but still still feels like I'm going to break it if I push it too much.
How long do you use the hairdryer on it? Work the joint as you're using the hairdryer?

I don't see how cold works when plastic gets cold,it tends to snap like an icicle. I always felt the hair dryer works best.Just take your time.

down side to both, the heat will make it all soft and could be more prone to twist into a rip if forced. there are some joints where either method will not help and they are beyond saving. can generally feel if thats the case, can tell that its about to tear.

as teemu said above just take it slow with either method, maybe alternate.

Thank you, I'll give it a go. Straight in the freezer? No covering it up?
Sorry for the delayed reply. Well, I put it in a Ziploc bag or something just to keep other things off of it. But like I said before, this is a extremely rare thing that I do (98% of the time a hair dryer works). You do here cracking sounds moving it after it's been in the freezer, but never had anything break. It's more of a risk than the hair dryer, but sometimes it's the only way to loosen up a joint.

Latest posts

Back