TMNT (teenage mutant ninja turtles)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Awesome thread, I still have my old school TMNT figures. I'll have to take updated pictures of them. I have a picture on my computer of a bunch of my figures (not all TMNT), but, it seems my pics have fallen in to the mod approval vortex at the moment. I have to find them, I think I know where they are, but, some I have are Donatello, Splinter, Shredder and I also have a giant Raphael, but, I think it is still in a box at my dad's house where I grew up.

I decided to do this for fun. I bought the playmates 11" Ninja turtles to see if it was possible to make something out of it.

First thing I did is dremeled all the sculpted bandages.
I added elbow articulation from a ttl body since they weren't any.
The articulation will be hidden by the leather elbow pads anyway.

This was quiet a lot to dremel and a pain in the *** to do.

I had to resculpt the shell and the torso since there was a recessed line where the sculpted belt was supposed to be so it needed to be resculpted.

I alos added texture to the skin and a cloth bandana.

Still a lot to do but here's a first pics.

IMG_1312_zps8f899a42.jpg

Wow man, I am super interested in seeing this completed, looks so cool:clap

More progress on my turtle!

IMG_1316_zps3b0eb4f5.jpg

HE LOOKS FREAKING AMAZING!:clap CANT WAIT TO SEE HIM FINISHED!

If you don't mind me asking what kinda of cloth or materials did you use for the eye bandanna and the wrist and hand straps?
I've been trying to find something that would work on smaller scales but haven't been successful.

Once again, AWESOOOMMMMEEEEE!

Tom

HE LOOKS FREAKING AMAZING!:clap CANT WAIT TO SEE HIM FINISHED!

If you don't mind me asking what kinda of cloth or materials did you use for the eye bandanna and the wrist and hand straps?
I've been trying to find something that would work on smaller scales but haven't been successful.

Once again, AWESOOOMMMMEEEEE!

Tom

Thanks Tom. I used white cotton for the headband and the same for the fingers wraps. FOr the wrist I used brown suede band.

Looks awesome! The real question here is, are you going to do all 4?

:) yes. I want to make Michaelangelo with a trenchcoat though.

You must not know Seb very well :rotfl

:goodpost::hi5:

So I picked up the recently re-released classic 88 turtles and decided to rearrange my turtle shelf for the ultimate TMNT shelf!

Quite pleased with the results :)

And I decided to add a skateboard prop for NECA Mikey as the skateboards are a staple of the franchise (along with pizza of course).

TurtleDisplay1_zps42a9a549.jpg

TurtleDisplay2_zps9c3b8c0a.jpg

(With flash)

TurtleDisplay3_zps5deea2e6.jpg

TurtleDisplay4_zpsbf7886b2.jpg

Those reissue turtles bring back great memories. Where did you find them?

p.s. NECA Don is the only one I'm missing, might have to get a KO since aftermarket went throught the roof.

Those reissue turtles bring back great memories. Where did you find them?

p.s. NECA Don is the only one I'm missing, might have to get a KO since aftermarket went throught the roof.

I know. I stumbled upon them at TRU actually. They had tons of them...Shredder and Spinter too but I just wanted the 4 turtles. Had no intention of getting them but they brought back great memories I had to get them. Plus I had a 15% off coupon so that was nice.

Yeah NECA Turtles are expensive now. They are definitely my favorite.

I picked up the Retro Party Wagon from Toys R Us but haven't opened it yet. I'm hoping Playmates didn't leave out any pieces this time around. I'm happy displaying my 2012 Nick Turtles with it. I want to get the retro figures but fear they'll stop again after wave one. If they could promise a release of many classic supporting players like Rat King, Leatherhead, Baxter, Casey, etc. than I would be on board. But if Nick Turtles are the only chance at a wide area of different characters than I will stick with those.

Sweet display Pwn congrats. :)

The Neca's still steal the show for me. Their articulation, weapons and overall look, just awesome. Would love a colored set myself, only have the black/white fourpack (still my fav collectible). I also like those the old ones in the center, I used to play with those as a kid, hah!

Back