TMNT (teenage mutant ninja turtles)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I am sticking with my original single boxed Gamestop turtles. Already have T&R and not getting the accessory packs so everything is a pass today. Happy for those that are hauling though!

I've basically talked myself out of getting the 4 pack and hope to find the 2 packs in store for $30 cheaper.
I always try to talk myself out of getting the 4-pack thinking I can things cheaper down the line. Then I remember I probably spend more than $30 to $40 on gas trying to drive around to find them. Not to mention the whole bother. I‘d gladly spend a “convenience fee” of 30 or 40 extra to have it over and done with.

I know it's tempting but I honestly don't think these will be much cheaper later down the line. The cartoon turtles in disguise set was $125 a few months ago at Target, now the style guide 4 pack is out with less accessories and for $150. I can definitely see the SOTO 2 packs being $75 6+ months from now.

I have zero chance of finding turtles in stores around here so as much as I would like to avoid prepaying I'll grab these. I have the SDCC VHS box for the first movie so hopefully they will go well together.

By chance, has Neca hinted at possibly making 1/4 scale soto turtles??

Not that I've seen.

By chance, has Neca hinted at possibly making 1/4 scale soto turtles??

I'm not sure if they hinted but NECA likes $$$ and TMNT is a cash cow for them.

The 1/4 Animated Turtles are slowly rolling out and it seems the 1/4 TMNT 1990 figures are still being re-released.

Seems like only a matter of time for TMNT 2 - I'd be tempted but I will likely just stick with my original 1/4 TMNT due to space.

The 1/4 TMNT 1990 statues have tremendous shelf presence and can pass off as a premium polystone statues (from a distance) - one of my favorites in my collection.

Last edited:
Awesome! NECA Store doesn’t charge tax. Being from California, that really helps.

I noticed that too recently, no CA sale tax - huge savings, it's getting close to 10% here.

That's $100 saved per every $1,000 spent - it quickly adds up when collectors are army building foot soldiers, mousers, roadkill rodneys and rock soliders.

The downside ordering from NECA is having to pay for the preorder fully upfront, $15 shipping and NECA has narrowed the Turtle Tuesday preorder window to 10-days (so you can't combine shipping with the next announced batch in 2-weeks).

My chances of finding NECA TMNT merchandise in the wild at Target/Walmart is virtually zero so I'm OK buying direct from NECA. Saves me the hassle of the wild goose chase.

The 1/4 TMNT 1990 statues have tremendous shelf presence and can pass off as a premium statues (from a distance) - one of my favorites in my collection.
Agreed. Leo blends in perfectly with my Hot Toys, Enterbays, & 1:6 customs. These are some of NECA's greatest achievements!

IMG_8313_2_small.jpg

I'm not sure if they hinted but NECA likes $$$ and TMNT is a cash cow for them.

The 1/4 Animated Turtles are slowly rolling out and it seems the 1/4 TMNT 1990 figures are still being re-released.

Seems like only a matter of time for TMNT 2 - I'd be tempted but I will likely just stick with my original 1/4 TMNT due to space.

The 1/4 TMNT 1990 statues have tremendous shelf presence and can pass off as a premium statues (from a distance) - one of my favorites in my collection.
I also have all four 1/4 scale 90's Turtles along with 1/4 scale Animated Series Raph and Donatello with Leo on preorder. I'm sure Neca will eventually make the 1/4 soto turtles. If they don't, ill be good with the 90's turtles set.

Agreed. Leo blends in perfectly with my Hot Toys, Enterbays, & 1:6 customs. These are some of NECA's greatest achievements!

View attachment 568226

Nice setup! Looks like Boba Fett is M.I.A. :lol

My display is so cluttered now, it's embarrassing. I will re-arrange once my ModuCases arrive and allow my figures/statues to breathe more (like yours).

It helps that the TMNT suits from the 90s movie had that plastic/rubber foam look (and no human faces) so it translates well to figure form and as you mentioned, blends in well with other premium collectibles.

Whereas the NECA's 1/4 Superman, Batman, Catwoman, Penguin (while impressive considering the price), you can immediately tell it's not premium.

Back