TMNT (teenage mutant ninja turtles)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Anyone know if BBTS is going to have the Neca Bebop & Rocksteady and also the re-colored turtles?

something happened to the belt:

QZ14rvM.jpg

i thought it was a storage shell, but no such thing in description.

something happened to the belt:

QZ14rvM.jpg

i thought it was a storage shell, but no such thing in description.

Wow I didn't see anyone catch that before. There's some odd decisions with these releases, along with having to cut the weapons from the rack.

Wow I didn't see anyone catch that before. There's some odd decisions with these releases, along with having to cut the weapons from the rack.

Isn?t the point of these to be updated versions of the original figures? That would be the reason for having the weapons on the racks. The belt is odd for sure.

Isn?t the point of these to be updated versions of the original figures? That would be the reason for having the weapons on the racks. The belt is odd for sure.

I know what it's homaging, but as far as a premium toy is concerned, it's dumb IMO. If they wanted to do it, they should've just made them all peg into the rack. Who's going to want a painted sai with a blank piece area on the blade?

are the super 7 in scale with the necas?

the footsoldier looks cool but i'll stick with Neca.

all we ever wanted were show accurate turtles.

most of us probably couldn't figure out why they changed the original toy design to make them more adultish. IMO the vintage reissue is good enough.

most of us probably couldn't figure out why they changed the original toy design to make them more adultish. IMO the vintage reissue is good enough.
i'd definitely say "it's an attempt to represent how we saw those ancient turtles in our childhood". because i definitely percepted them being a lot cooler than they actually turned out to be when i got the reissues for good old memories.
i fully respect the idea. (but won't buy them, they are like two years late)

BBTS put these up for preorder at the same price as Super7, so I'm just going to go there for the few I want.

are the super 7 in scale with the necas?

the footsoldier looks cool but i'll stick with Neca.

all we ever wanted were show accurate turtles.

While I agree, I do think a handful of characters probably looked cooler in toy form than their cartoon accurate counterparts. One example is Baxter Stockman, which is the only Super 7 figure that interests me at the moment.

IDK why these are so much. I mean the classics were around the same size and cost way less. $30 I could see but not $45.

I believe it's called inflation. (Well, and there's the tariffs.) :wink1:

Oh, and the licensing cost. I almost forgot. Playmates probably aren't giving this IP away...

EGcyBC2UUAAOtVG.jpg

EGcyBCoUUAIN0_h.jpg

EGcyBCpVUAMajMy.jpg

EGcyBCqU8AEvSQO.jpg

Finally Super7 gives us the details. Fully painted weapons and then an unpainted one on the weapons sprue. If there had to be a compromise, I'm glad it's this way. I'd like the sprue painted too like they were originally going to do, but can't complain with everything getting fully painted.

I just saw the Batman/ Ninja Turtles Donatello and Batgirl at Gamestop. Man, I wish I didn't have to buy the Batman figures to get the turtles. I'm liking these version of the turtles more than anything Neca or Super7 is doing. They are just so damn expensive but I guess it's better than buying a Super7 figure for the same price and only getting one figure.

Glad to see they're coming, but I'm sure Bebop and Rocksteady will be pretty difficult to find. I don't like that bright green paint on those turtles.

Back