TMNT (teenage mutant ninja turtles)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I like all three of the original movies. I got the cgi 4th movie on blu and thought it was amazing.
The forever movie is my favorite tho. I loved the way they mixed it up. Won't say much as don't wanna spoil it, but those last 10 minutes or so were awesome.

Nice custom guys! Glad to see these selling. Just went to my local Walmart and not single figure or vehicle was on the self. Either it sold out or they just put price tags on the pegs and shelf.

Wonder once the cartoon comes out if the toys will be a hit with the younger age.

I know I already have these along with the 80s DVD but can't find it. My son is also a TMNT fan so I got this
3CB8A8F5-B71A-4E7E-A487-BFED4E6CE708-5932-000006363E0087DB.jpg

I picked up the same dvd at target a week or two ago:hi5: I have the orginal movie on vhs tape:lol But bought it to really see the cgi 2007 movie as i never seen that one. The first movie is the best as others had said, nothing comes close:)

Playmates really put a lot of thought into the designs of the Nick Turtles. For instance, a nice little interesting attention to detail I just noticed: Leo's main swords aren't the same. One is shorter. This is likely due to more effectively representing a ninja using the dual katana technique, as it was often common practice to use a smaller blade in the off-hand, for better handling. Props to them for that, even though I know some people probably don't like the change, lol. :clap

Lol nothing beats the oringinal tmnt movie. Nothing !! Hands down the best interpretation of the characters i've ever seen. A mix of comic and cartoon and i hope the new movie follows its formula becuase the new cartoon is to but also so did the 03 version but I didnt like that one.
its sad that with every new movie they downgraded there looks and made then look like freaking frogs by the third movie. i remember as a kid i went crazy the first time leonardo jumped on screen. he looked so damn real. i was like three I think.

Yeah the 1st is the best, I read that the new TMNT are aliens in the movie not mutated turtles.

I like all three of the original movies. I got the cgi 4th movie on blu and thought it was amazing.
The forever movie is my favorite tho. I loved the way they mixed it up. Won't say much as don't wanna spoil it, but those last 10 minutes or so were awesome.

I never watched the forever movie, I gotta pick that up. Unless it will be aired since the new series is coming out soon. My wife said during work this Saturday that she saw a TMNT show playing on TV, wonder which series is that?

Love the CGI, just watched it again last night. Loved each character and how they were made more darker than cartoony.

I picked up the same dvd at target a week or two ago:hi5: I have the orginal movie on vhs tape:lol But bought it to really see the cgi 2007 movie as i never seen that one. The first movie is the best as others had said, nothing comes close:)

:rock not sure if our original VHS for the first movie is at my parents. That was my younger brothers favorite movie.

I bought the CGI TMNT even Nightwatcher. Loved how they portrayed the turtles.

Does anyone know if Playmates has any plans to re-release the '88 and '89 toys on a new card at Toys'R'Us, or any retailer? Been looking, but haven't spotted anything. Ugh, I need Splinter and April.

Does anyone know if Playmates has any plans to re-release the '88 and '89 toys on a new card at Toys'R'Us, or any retailer? Been looking, but haven't spotted anything. Ugh, I need Splinter and April.

You talking about the 25th anni figures? If so should be easy to find online shops or eBay.

When were those released? Would TRU still have those? I honestly haven't been in a TRU much since 2008. Think I've been once, lol. :monkey1

Not too sure how long after the turtles was released. All I wanted was the turtles and party van. I think April was part of the wave with the turtles unless is was a revised case with her in it. She was on clearance because no one bought her and she was a peg warmer. I didn't even want her for $4 :lol

And for good reason. No one wants her because she's a **** figure. I had at least three of the '88 April figs as a kid, because her head kept falling off, not to mention her limbs. Same with Splinter.

However, I'm trying to get the entire '88 first wave, re-releases or not. I'm only missing April, Splinter, Rocksteady and Bebop on my wall. I got the rest at KBToys in 2000 or so. The others were long gone. In fact, I don't think I've seen any of them in a local store... ever. Not since way, way back in the day, and they've been re-packaged quite a few times now, it seems.

I just picked up the Leo and Raph figures based on the new show today, and they are great. I love the cool skin texturing, and they have just the right smount of articulation.

Interesting. Quite a nice take. Something about it screams of the 1989 NES game, but also has this kind of comic vibe. The paint and grittiness are like a throwback to the days of old. Well done! :clap

Nicely done, ironmann. These textured sculpts just beg for a paint wash and I like your color coordinated pads.
Yeah, while I think I still prefer the brown pads, the color coordination works as a variant. I wouldn't be surprised if we saw such variants in the future either, possibly with pupils too.

Although, I'm not sure if Playmates has truly jumped on that whole collector's variant train that other companies have, even though they've always released countless different versions of the Turtles in each line. It will be interesting to see what they come up with.

I would buy the 4 turtles with red bandanas and toned down shades of green with more detailed paint on the weapons.

Agreed. I would buy color coordinated Turtles as well as the comic ones, despite having the NECA versions. I doubt I would open them though, lol.

While I prefer the differently colored bandanas, I'd like to get a set of the Neca Turtles if I can ever find them at a decent price.

I am glad they ditched the initial belt buckles, too. They're ok on the classics turtles, but I don't think it would have been all that great on the Nick turtles.

While I prefer the differently colored bandanas, I'd like to get a set of the Neca Turtles if I can ever find them at a decent price.

I am glad they ditched the initial belt buckles, too. They're ok on the classics turtles, but I don't think it would have been all that great on the Nick turtles.
You actually don't see much of the letter buckles, or colored pads, outside of the '87 cartoon series, if at all. Not only do the Turtles look better without those two elements, it's more in line with the comic representations. So, they aren't typically adopted into most itterations.

Besides, I suspect the original reason for having buckles or color coordination was for quick reference. It made it easier for kids to quickly tell the four Turtles apart, being that TMNT was a new "intellectual property" back in the day. Such things helped to make each one visually unique. They were immediately indentifiable by their colors, belt and bandanas.

However, the Turles are a common household name now, so a lot of the easy reference visuals are gone and considered unnecessary. I'm inclined to agree. That said, I'm referring to the style of the canon tv show designs and their respective toys. Variants are another matter entirely and are ****ing awesome.

Back