TitanFall - from the original creators of Call of Duty (Xbox One/Xbox 360/PC)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Probably something you guys didn't know but when in your titans, you and an enemy can pretty much play hot potato with those magnetic shields until one of you runs out at which point they're the loser.

[video]https://m.ign.com/videos/2014/02/12/78-epic-titanfall-moments-in-4-minutes[/video]
https://m.ign.com/videos/2014/02/12/titanfall-fracture-map-walkthrough
Titanfall
10 Tips For Multiplayer Success

preview
by Tim Turi on February 12, 2014 at 11:00 AM 1,850 Views

Respawn Entertainment’s flagship title, Titanfall, is just around the corner. The Xbox One/PC/Xbox 360 first-person title fuses frenetic small-arms firefights with deadly clashes between towering Titan robots. In preparation of the forthcoming multiplayer-only powerhouse, we’ve assembled a list of tips we learned during our extensive hands-on time.

If you’re still in the dark regarding Titanfall’s core gameplay, check out this extensive video from Respawn detailing the game’s mechanics. The basic concept is that nimble, wall-running Pilots battle on foot against other Pilots and Titans while waiting for their giant bipedal robot to become ready. It’s intense, fast-paced, and full of strategic possibilities.*

Here are some tips that can give you an edge when it arrives on Xbox One and PC on March 11.

Strategic Ejection

First-person players are used to battling to their last breath, but there’s no obligation to go down with the ship when you’re in the cockpit of a severely damaged Titan. Planning a prompt ejection from your flaming wreck of a robot is the best way to exact revenge on your destroyer. We recommend jettisoning yourself into the air and breaking line of sight with an elevated position, or aiming for your enemy’s Titan itself. Manage to land near the Titan’s mother-brain computer, and you have a chance to destroy your enemy’s rig.

Deploy Your Own Iron Giant

Controlling Titans is a blast. What’s not to love about unleashing missile volleys and ripping enemy Pilots from their cockpits? But don’t forget that your Titan can also be used as an unmanned sentry. Your Titan automatically clicks into defense mode upon exiting it. This automated mode is great for back up while you take control of a capture post in Hard Point or simply want to double your firepower. Titans can also be set to follow you across the battlefield, which is great for baiting enemies and launching a surprise strike from above.*

Cloak And Dagger

Every Pilot begins with the ability to cloak themselves. This Predator-like invisibility isn’t flawless, but it obscures you enough to lend an advantage. The cloak’s cooldown is quite generous as well, so don’t hesitate to activate it whenever. This stealth feature is great for fading away after firing on a Titan or keeping a low profile while securing a capture point.

Don’t Ignore NPC Grunts

Titanfall’s max player count may be 12, but multiplayer matches are populated with NPCs on either side who also duke it out. Don’t ignore the grunts, either. Popping every enemy NPC you see will speed up your Titan’s deployment, which means you can stomp enemy Pilots before theirs is ready.

Pilots Should Stick To The High Ground

Titans dominate open spaces with their lumbering mass and explosive firefights. Pilots will get squashed quickly unless they stick to building interiors or rooftops. Wall-running and double-jumping allow Pilots to traverse buildings without ever touching the ground. Chaining together wall runs also increases Pilots’ speed, allowing them to sprint through maps faster. Devising your route through a map and mastering it is key to speediness. Also, try stabbing your knife into a wall to stop mid-wall run and gain a new vantage point.

Boomerang Rocket

Certain anti-Titan weapons allow Pilots to lock on to their targets. This lock-on function can be exploited to create a boomerang effect and attack Titans’ vulnerable backs. Successfully pulling off this move allows Pilots to prevent Titans from catching projectiles in their vortex shield and tossing it back.

Smashing Titanfall

Calling in your Titan for the first time in a battle is exciting. Players’ first instinct is likely to designate the Titan drop point in a safe spot far off from a heated combat zone. While this ensures your Titan will arrive unscathed and reduce personal harm, you’ll be missing an opportunity to destroy an enemy Titan in one fell swoop. If you manage to call in a Titanfall on top of an enemy Titan it will destroy them instantly. Of course, an unsuccessful attempt will land your Titan dangerously close to the enemy, so proceed with caution.

Spawn From Your Titan

The default option for respawning after death is to reenter the battlefield as a Pilot. But if your Titan is ready, you can save some time and energy by respawning from your Titan by selecting the option after dying. It’s a fast, efficient way to seek revenge on your enemies without wasting a moment.

The Low Profile Anti-Titan Weapon

Early on in Titanfall’s Call of Duty-like progression system, Pilots have access to two anti-Titan weapons: The Sidewinder and Archer. The Archer deals heavy damage with a single homing rocket. Its downsides include a long reload time and a lock-on warning that enemies Titans can see. The Sidewinder may deal less damage per shot, but it’s multiple round magazines and lack of enemy warning give it a slight edge in our opinion.*

Use Those Burn Cards!

Respawn recently announced Titanfall’s Burn Card feature. These special ability cards are earned throughout the game, and can be activated once per match. Bonuses include increases to Pilot movement speed, beefed-up anti-Titan weapons, and decreased Titanfall cooldown. Effects only last as long as you stay alive, so you’re encouraged to keeps streaks going.

Last edited:
From what I can remember, I think the AI will actually capture hard points (domination) without real players. They also guard the hard point while you go fight but sadly they're super easy to kill. If they made it so the hard point meat shields become badass while guarding, it would make things more interesting.

It's looking cool, but very much like CoD with mechs. I haven't been able to get all that excited for it, but I'll hold final judgement until I can spend some time with it.

Angry Joe plays Titanfall. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_8y0Z4F2frI

Same. We shall see.

People who have played it are saying it's not just COD with mechs, we'll see though when the beta starts.

Anyone get a beta invite yet?

And those people probably love playing COD. Someone I know who hates COD, said its COD with mechs.

Update: I just got my email!!!! AWESOME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I had checked at 6am when I got up and nada. came in sometime since then!!!!

Back