Time to guess the next "Star Wars" 12" figure?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Time to guess the next "Star Wars" 12" figure?

• Bespin Leia

Votes: 6 5.8%
  • Hoth Leia

Votes: 8 7.8%
  • Lando Calrisian

Votes: 16 15.5%
  • Darth Maul

Votes: 27 26.2%
  • Darth Tyranus/Count Dooku

Votes: 20 19.4%
  • Darth Sideous/Palpatine Ep. III

Votes: 10 9.7%
  • Emperor Palpatine Ep. VI

Votes: 2 1.9%
  • Darth Vader

Votes: 8 7.8%
  • Other...

Votes: 6 5.8%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
If I remember correctly from online chats, etc., there's one more SW in our foreseeable future, a Sith, and then a hiatus, with only 1 more (shipped) this year. (One or 2 depending on whether they were counting the CC exclusive as one of the 10 planned released this year.)

What that means to me, add the Sith to what've already been offered, add the SDCC exclusive and that's the first volley of figures. Just guessing, the tardy figure will be Snowbunny Padme rounding out the first year's crop.

I have a feeling that we will get at least one more figure shipping in the fourth quarter. Maybe Leia?

I just hope that the 12" fans are feeling satisfied enough for Sideshow to set them aside for a moment and get that next PF up for preorder...

So then you guys are guessing that a SITH (Maul?) and HOTR (Leia?) are next and then a haitus?

How long do you think SS will keep us in suspense after SDCC?

I'm not sure if a haitus is a good idea or not. There's real heat right now, and its not always good to stop in mid flow. Yet, I do see the logic in backing off a bit to regain interest and get us all hungry for something new. SS probably knows better than me.

I just hate to wait.

Wor-Gar said:
Do you really think SS will halt the craze for SW figs? So far, the LOTR hasn't interfered with their selling. In fact, I've got all 2 LOTR 12"ers on order mostly because of the SS craze. I hope they don't slow things down to the point where we're waiting 2 months between SW figures. I need my fix, man.

They will just use the PF and things will just keep rolling so no real halt. As far as the LOTR stuff I was just saying I want to see more stuff from that license. I don't think you'll see a wait like that between every announcement for the rest of the year but if we keep this pace up th rest of the year will be dead.

Wor-Gar said:
So then you guys are guessing that a SITH (Maul?) and HOTR (Leia?) are next and then a haitus?

Maul, Sidious, Leia, etc. could be next.

Wor-Gar said:
How long do you think SS will keep us in suspense after SDCC?

I think you'll probably see 1 more regular announcement and the SDCC exclusive before. After that probably a month or so after just to let things settle like after TF.

Wor-Gar said:
I'm not sure if a haitus is a good idea or not. There's real heat right now, and its not always good to stop in mid flow. Yet, I do see the logic in backing off a bit to regain interest and get us all hungry for something new. SS probably knows better than me.

Well, they might have to slow it down because the PF stuff is being left behind right now. A slow down is needed in some ways to allow a better mix of the PF stuff for SW.

I want a Stormtrooper but Maul would be cool too. Seems they are only doing dudes with lightsabers anyhow.

I'm guessing that all of this years figures will be announced before SDCC. But I wonder if they'll change it next year, like there might be more of a wait between figure announcements. Personally, I hope that the next figure is set to be ordered after April 17th, which is when I'll know how my finances will be and whether or not I could buy the next figure (especially if it's Maul).

I don't think they will announce all this years figures before SDCC. I think we will see a couple after and then we will get into 07 stuff.

They said they were aiming for 10 figures this year. We currently have 7 scheduled, that leaves 3.

"Padme" won't be this year. I say we will probably get our first "Sith" ("Maul", "Vader", "Sidious" ect...) next. Then a 2nd character from the HOTR line (probably/hopefully "Leia"!). The other will probably be the SDCC exclusive... Unless he doesn't count (seeing as not many will actually have access to this one)? If not, then there will be another.

They can easily release 3 figures in 4th Qrt of 2006.

If everything SS is hinting at is true, the next figure being a Sith that is, I think it'll be Palpatine. Though I don't know if it'll be ROTS or ROTJ. He has Mace and Kit for ROTS but he has Luke for ROTJ. I personally want them to hold off on Maul. I just feel saturated with so many main characters, not that Palpatine isn't a main character but with the bust coming I can wait on a 12" Maul.

Anyone wanna guess the exclusive for whichever Sith is next?

Dooku... holographic Death Star

Maul... (hate to admit it) Sith probe droid and control bracelet

Paplatine... ???

gdb said:
Anyone wanna guess the exclusive for whichever Sith is next?

Dooku... holographic Death Star

Maul... (hate to admit it) Sith probe droid and control bracelet

Paplatine... ???

As painful as it would be to think about, I think an Episode III Palpatine could come with alternate electricity hands as an exclusive.

I think an Episode VI Palpatine would have to either have his throne as the exclusive :)D ) or Luke's binders.

Customikey said:
As painful as it would be to think about, I think an Episode III Palpatine could come with alternate electricity hands as an exclusive.

I think an Episode VI Palpatine would have to either have his throne as the exclusive :)D ) or Luke's binders.

Luke's binders... You may be right. And that would be cool.

Ouch! Missing out on Force lightning hands would be PAIN in red colored capital letters.

Wor-Gar said:
Ep VI Palpatine will come with his BLACK CANE -- would that be the exclusive? He really never held anything else. Maybe bolts.

Well, he also might come with Luke's hilt, which he did keep in his possession for a little while. obviously, that wouldnt be the exclusive, but it'd be cool if he came with it.
The binders would be good, since that's the one thing I think Luke is missing (and Han too, for that matter), but I REALLY would love to get his throne. I know it's a bit large for the exclusive but it's one of the defining features of the Emperor, even in the prequels! The only time he ever doesn't have some form of that gaping chair is in Ep I.

I voted for Palpy. I think he would be the best companion for what has been released.

As for the rest of the Sith Lords:

Darth Maul: I'm actually happy with the Hasbro sculpt of him... the one that came in the TRU Sith Lords Two pack. I mounted the head on a a GI JOE CC style body and changed out the gloves for a more slimmer version. The blunky boots are my only concern. Of course, I'm sure that Sideshow will do better but Hasbro's version will do for now.

Darth Tyranus/Dooku: Again VERY happy with Hasbro's. I can wait.

Darth Vader (post Mustafar): Sideshow has stated no armoured figures for now. I'm sure that includes this guy.

If the SDCC exclusive turns out to be Sith Eyes Anakin, wouldn't he be part of the Sith line? Since he was re-named Darth Vader when he sports those baby reds. Vader Pre-Mustafar :D

I know this is jumping the gun, but when Sideshow does get around to releasing Boba Fett, what would his exclusive be? I know we would all like Han in carbonite, but wouldn't that be cost prohibitive? His armor, weapons and accessories are all standard issue. What else is associated with Fett that would make a good exclusive?

Batty said:
I know this is jumping the gun, but when Sideshow does get around to releasing Boba Fett, what would his exclusive be? I know we would all like Han in carbonite, but wouldn't that be cost prohibitive? His armor, weapons and accessories are all standard issue. What else is associated with Fett that would make a good exclusive?

How about alternate ROTJ style armor? Or he could come with the Carbonite block!

I think his blaster after Luke sliced it would be the most obvious choice. He should then come with both film's gaunlets and Jetpacks. Those were the differences from the two films right?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back