1/6 Threezero Hellraiser III Pinhead

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
When you preorder from Threezero, do you have to pay in advance for the figure when you PO? Or is there a NRD or you pay when item is about to ship?

When you preorder from Threezero, do you have to pay in advance for the figure when you PO? Or is there a NRD or you pay when item is about to ship?

in full at time of order and expect a loooooong wait. prolly out inhands by late 2017 i imagine

best to just get at retail i think when there is no exclusive accessory involved via 3Z.

in full at time of order and expect a loooooong wait. prolly out inhands by late 2017 i imagine

best to just get at retail i think when there is no exclusive accessory involved via 3Z.
Based on my experiences that's exaggerating it a bit. Jon Snow went up for order in mid-May of last year and was shipped out in February. But could be upwards of a year.

Based on my experiences that's exaggerating it a bit. Jon Snow went up for order in mid-May of last year and was shipped out in February. But could be upwards of a year.

in my experience in buying from 3A and 3Z its bets to exaggerate when considering the wait cuz more often than not its on point. i.e. i POed chappie awhile before jon and that hasnt shipped yet and has had multiple delays.

i have waited a year for 3A PO's, even seen some go beyond that. they use same factory so im always abit skeptical anything will make it out via 3A or 3Z near the shipping est they provide. they have no idea when it will ship, none.

we'll see agreed but it will be beyond their estimate and at times beyond that etc

more than likely this same product will be up at retail with no need to pay upfront.

thats cuz there is no likeness there at all i dont think. was never meant to be Doug.

gettin tired of 3Z phoning **** in, they need a fan of the property they are workin on to consult with them. i.e. they made ned and jons swords in their GOT line rusted. those particular swords dont rust per the canon, diff type of special steel. if they asked or consulted with actual fans and not just phonin it in they would know that. same with the expression of this pinhead. the neutral relaxed expression is the one he has 99% of time and i imagine the one all the fans of hellraiser would choose first given the option.

its also frustrating how many are like- "good luck finding another 1/6 pinhead better get this." companies must love that mentality. buy it cuz its 1/6 despite any probs it may have. f-that mess. also the entire get it then spend tons more to make it right via custom parts.

Yeah it's definitely not Doug, but I still think it's a worthy pick up aside from a few problems I have with it. And yes, I'm part of that "good luck finding another crowd" since this is all we have to go with. I don't like it, but it is what it is.

They could of at least given him a solved Lament Configuration.

I think it looks great, but the 2 issues I have are the following:

1. a bit puffy around the waist
2. skirt falls too straight - I think it needs to flair out a bit.

Must buy though.

Agreed on both. Maybe the skirt can be futzed.

Yeah hes not perfect but no figure is ever perfect. All figures always have something slightly off about them and this is no exception. If your looking for a perfect figure keep looking coz your never gonna find it. This is a good representation of doug imo.

I really don't understand the "he's fat" comments. :cuckoo:

Here's the figure -

ThreeZero-Hellraiser-Pinhead-010-928x483.jpg

Here's the actor in the film -

hellraiser-3-photo-06.jpg

If anything, he's too thin. With all of that thick leather and the ripped skin prosthetics, he's very thick in the waist and chest areas. I think it's a perfect balance and can't wait to get this. The only complaint I have is the likeness isn't quite there, it doesn't scream DOUG BRADLEY!!! to me when I look at it. I still applaud Threezero for taking this project on, from the nails in the headsculpt having to be perfect, to all of the odd little details in the suit, this isn't a very easy figure to mass-produce.

Was really looking forward to this initially, but just not feeling it. Maybe I'm just spoilt with the quality of the pf. With this one, I was actually hoping for a second expression, or a second head, even if that was going to boost the cost. I'm just not feeling the teethiness on his face, where I love the expression on the pf. The tapper on the bottom of the robe feels a bit narrow as well, which may be contributiong to the impression that he's chubby. I'll just have to think more on this one, I know we may not get another, but I've bought for that reason too many times and been wrong when someone else picked up the licence.

From Threezero Facebook page

Hellraiser III: Hell on Earth - Pinhead collectible details:
*Fully-poseable figure stands at 12 inches/ 30.5cm tall;
*Head sculpt with realistic likeness to the character portrayed in Hellraiser 3;
*Real metal pins and hooks;
*An authentic, tailored replica of the Cenobite's striking black costume with delightfully chilling realism, complete with gory hooks and piercings.
*A disturbing inventory of bladed torture devices & scalpel hanging at his waist;
*Comes with Lemarchand's Box (the Lament Configuration).
*Interchangeable hands:
-outstretched hand (for holding Lemarchand's Box)
-relaxed hand
-open hand with pins.

Well that's disappointing, no hands that can hold something like the scalpel he grabbed to fight Dr. Channard in Hellraiser 2.
I know the tools are attached to his waist (maybe he should also come with a few unattached), but I'd like to have the option of posing him holding something.

Switch out heads seems like an unrealistic expectation, switching out heads would almost certainly damage/tweak the pins then there would be dozens of people crying about how they damaged the head.

hellraiser-3-vhs.jpgattachment.jpg
Looks pretty close to the version they were going for. The nails are a little too big, hopefully that will change in production.

Very rarely does a figure have everything than everyone wants, i'm just happy we're getting something as good as we are. I guess I'm a glass half full kinda guy. :D

It's a good way to look at this. Having fewer unnecessary accessories can also keep the price lower. Still feels to me like a missed opportunity on something that might not ever be made again in this format; which is why the choice in expression is irking some.
Looks pretty close to the version they were going for. The nails are a little too big, hopefully that will change in production.
I doubt the nails will be made smaller. The really problem here is sourcing nails that tiny for production, I don't think anything exists that's small enough to look right. Not to mention the difficulties in production to place such tiny nails.

Back