Action Figure Threezero: Fallout 4

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Awesome! I love the 51!

I wonder what they'll do for exclusives, though? No real memorable, suit-exclusive paintjobs for the 51. Wasn't there just a Railroad one?
I have a feeling they'll do the Nuka Cola paintjob. Just a feeling...

Sent from my LGLS775 using Tapatalk

I have a feeling they'll do the Nuka Cola paintjob. Just a feeling...

For some reason I thought that was another 60 paintjob! I'd be 100% okay with a Nuka Cola T-51 as the exclusive.

For some reason I thought that was another 60 paintjob! I'd be 100% okay with a Nuka Cola T-51 as the exclusive.

Yeah I honestly don't know if I would pick up the Nuka Cola or just normal. I dislike the green torso that the T51 has always had but at the same time I don't hate it since it's classic.

Wow a bit surprised to see the 51, at least this soon. Line must be doing well. Guess I'll be in for this too. Maybe a flamethrower as the exclusive?

Why not a Valentine? With 3Z's robot/weathering abilities I would be so down.

Reuse potential of tooling is the main thing they have to factor in when it's not a super popular property. I'm not saying fallout doesn't have fans, but it's not going to be selling massive numbers at nearly 400 each figure, and if most people are choosing between a power armor or a secondary character it's usually going to be the power armor. On almost every line after the "main" character there is a massive drop off in interest.

There's going to be people who want nearly every character, and people who would buy them all. But it's not a huge number so if there is limited interest and limited reuses they have to be cautious. With the cost to make these and the relatively small profit margins it only takes one or two figures to bomb to kill a company. Not until they get very large is that not an issue. 3a/zero is almost there but I don't think they are yet. That's why we don't get as much as some would like. Frankly I'm surprised this line got as deep as it has already.

Reuse potential of tooling is the main thing they have to factor in when it's not a super popular property. I'm not saying fallout doesn't have fans, but it's not going to be selling massive numbers at nearly 400 each figure, and if most people are choosing between a power armor or a secondary character it's usually going to be the power armor. On almost every line after the "main" character there is a massive drop off in interest.

There's going to be people who want nearly every character, and people who would buy them all. But it's not a huge number so if there is limited interest and limited reuses they have to be cautious. With the cost to make these and the relatively small profit margins it only takes one or two figures to bomb to kill a company. Not until they get very large is that not an issue. 3a/zero is almost there but I don't think they are yet. That's why we don't get as much as some would like. Frankly I'm surprised this line got as deep as it has already.
I get and appreciate what you're saying, you're definitely not wrong. Compound that with the Eastern market's love for mechs and robotic things and you have a solid stance.

That being said. I don't think you can sustain this line on $400 of consistent heavy reuse - it's not Iron Man. A very small audience is going to buy every power armor that comes out at that price, yes. But the vast majority will buy one that they love and call it a day.

You cite major tooling reuse - this is the exact reason why they should be pumping out both a male and (though less likely) a female vault dweller. They have the headsculpts, weapon, and body tooling to do it. It's an easy leap to produce them, the vast majority of new work originates from the outfit.

To sustain this line they need to have a product that appeals to the non-$400 power armor fans, and that's where something like a stand alone Vault Dweller, or a Nick Valentine (which covers the cool design, robotic, and Fallout fan boxes). Nick in particular fits right in with designs that their sister company puts out, and those seemingly end up in everybody's collection at some point just because they look cool. 1000 Toys (I believe that's the name) has a whole line now dedicated to robots with human masks that's doing exceptionally well.

But to say that doing main characters in place of nameless power armors would kill the line is a bit of an stretch, because Fallout offers designs to appease a great deal of audiences, fans of the game or not.

I'm pretty sure they sold out a while ago. They don't do limited quantities they do limited preorder windows and I think it was over a while ago :eek:

It was available for pre-order on their site, complete with the "price includes shipping" deal. Missed it by a hair in guess. Luckily I was able to snare one from the Bethesda official site.
I will pay over the odds (US import always attracts way too much attention at customs into sweden) but I have to have this figure! In game most of my power armour is flame paint!

Considering offering a run of 1/6 Nuka Guns. Wanted to see if there might even be any interest here before starting any kind of list.

Quick render of my 3D sculpt:
FVh2rB.jpg

Considering offering a run of 1/6 Nuka Guns. Wanted to see if there might even be any interest here before starting any kind of list.

FVh2rB.jpg

You need to make sure the trigger guard is large enough to fit the figures hands, and generally that it can hold it in a dynamic pose. Otherwise, very good.

FVh2rB.jpg

I'd be interested. I'm a sucker for retro-futuristic gun design.

Back