Thoughts on PF Luke

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
For me I have to really be impressed by a PF figure to order it. They are just too costly and take up alot of space to get them all. I cannot be a Star Wars PF line completionist. I think the wait lists are being fulfilled because people order to reserve, item goes SOLD OUT, and then when it is released the flood of cancellations occur. I think if anyone wants to buy a Obi, Leia or Grievous, get on the wait list, I would bet you will get it.

Yeah, value is only really important if you may sell one day. If you know that will never happen then it makes no difference. I will tell you that the fact that Star Wars PF figures including exclusives are low in value on ebay will encourage people trying to make a buck to cancel their orders, which frees up wait list orders for those that want them. Good thing.

Daveyjaro said:
The only wait lists I think are impossible are Poncho Luke and Solo SSE.

I had my wait list request for Exclusive Han converted to a real order last month. He's sitting in front of me right now, next to Luke. The wait list does work!

i thought about the excl. hon but i like his clothing on the non-exl. better because it's the han through most of the movies but that's awesome you got it!

You can get Luke for $150 on ebay.

No brainer at that price.

Paint jobs vary per figure...some are better than others for sure.

Good luck.

It's a nice piece...not the best PF but still nice.

That's the bad thing, roll the dice with paint jobs.

Gruson, that is an awesome display you have! Do you charge admission. It must have cost!!!!

How tall are these PF statues?

They are 1/4 scale and vary between 16 and 23 inches. They are quite big & you need lots of space to display a number of them together.

The good thing about them is that the heads / faces are substantially bigger than 1/6 and manage to capture more detail IMO.

The real cloth tailoring is usually excellent, but obviously they would benefit from being enclosed behind glass to protect them.

RichPG said:
They are 1/4 scale and vary between 16 and 23 inches. They are quite big & you need lots of space to display a number of them together.

The good thing about them is that the heads / faces are substantially bigger than 1/6 and manage to capture more detail IMO.

The real cloth tailoring is usually excellent, but obviously they would benefit from being enclosed behind glass to protect them.

Any statue would benefit being enclosed in some type of case. That damn dust is a collectible killer!

They do take up a ton of space though. The acrylic case for my Vader alone is 18x18x24 and the one for Grievous will be even bigger.

As for Luke, I think it's the weakest of the three released so far; but, that is not to say it is a bad statue since it is by far the best representation of Luke Skywalker released in statue form so far. No other statue even comes close.

Luke became my guide to the PF world as well, and I must say it has been an impressive journey thus far. Everything about him just screamed quality to me, the packaging is downright amazing (though Vader does not share quite the same praise), the sculpt the tailoring - it all is incredible.

I personally prefer Luke to Han (though I don't yet have Vader), I feel that the moment that is captured by the piece is one of the most iconic and relatable from the entire trilogy. As was mentioned, paintjob determining, this is one phenomenal piece. :cool:

I remember when I first got the pf Luke and my first thought when I opened it was, man the packaging is nice. If I were ever to display the packaging the luke and han would be the first ones I would display.

The Luke is a good piece either poncho or not. Like said above it can found for around 150.00 alot of places and in the end if you collecting SW and don't have Luke well that just isn't right.

Just scored big on ebay with PF Luke

I just won this baby for $96!! Boxed and brand new. I can't believe it! Now my Star Wars PF collection is complete. I'm doing the happy dance right now!

Re: Just scored big on ebay with PF Luke

EXCELLENT!!! great score. just make sure the seller sends it to ya. last time i won something at this good of a deal, the seller came up w/ a lame excuse and said there was a fight and the PF was broken. refunded my money so it wasn't too bad.

Wow that is a great deal wish I could get one that cheap, thats like taking candy from a baby.

I wish I knew where these deal are when I am looking for something. Everything I go after seems to have 100 people bidding on it. Like Loki finding a Boba bust for $160 shipped. Every one I see or go after goes over $200 easy. I never have much ebay luck with good prices.

Anyway, congrats on a great piece at a great price.

Wow! I am glad I don't collect PF's. They don't seem to hold their value very well on the secondary market.

Duckgoo said:
Wow! I am glad I don't collect PF's. They don't seem to hold their value very well on the secondary market.

I glad I do collect them because they are awesome! I don't care if they go up or down in value because I don't plan to ever sell them.

I am going to try and convince my mom that the 5 ANH PFs would be the perfect graduation present.

Back