Thorrgrim Thorgudson

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Hollis DZC

Super Freak
Reaction score
My first post of one of my figures-
Based on a D&D Character-from a minature used for Warhammer.
Character type would be a Barbarian (that's an easy guess, 'eh?)

This is Thorrgrim Thorgudson of the Thorgudson Brothers and Sister Fame.
Also currently running in DDO.

Based on a Famous Covers Sabertooth

All tattoos were hand painted, then sealed w/ Testor's Dullcoat. I sculpted the upper part of the head, making a "trough" for the mohawk. Another figure donated the ears. ;)
Scars added from putty.
Fists were from 21c, then drilled through for axe handles.

Axes originally made by Ed Cassar. I added the tops and bottom to the handles, wrapped handles, then I repainted them.
Wristlets, belt deco were toe rings from Wallymart.
Boots were existing Sabertooth ones, just trimmed from his outfit and leather wrapped around it.

-Rex

TNFOD-JETII-PVXOQ-947810251-DSCN0261.JPG

TGZMI-104347416-DSCN0278.JPG

PJTUO-990743108-DSCN0272.JPG

QMMMC-310633649-DSCN0250.JPG

Last edited:
Rex, that figure is badass!!!
Having been into Vikings recently, I can appreciate the work on this, ESPECIALLY the tattooing. Man, you did an awesome job here.
Top drawer! :clap

Thanks much guys! Thorrgrim was alot of fun to create!

Les, glad you liked him! Those tattoos were sooo time consuming! Boy!

I'll be posting pics and a short backstory of another of the Thorgudson boys, Daverok this time...

take care,

-Rex

That is a fantastic looking figure, utterly badass and unlike anything I've seen here before. I may be wrong but to me it loks like a amalgamation of Viking and Maori influences, awesome.

The tatoos must have been painstaking work and it shows, they look really intricate and detailed.

Great job man!

Thanks Stendec!! I'm jazzed you like ol' Thorrgrim! And you are exactly right about the tattoos! You're the first one! :D He was a ton of fun to do. A bit fiddelly at times, but fun nontheless!

-Rex

Looks great, he has a nice dirtiness to him you sometimes find missing in other figures. So is this using a Marvel Icons for a basebody or something else? Looks great for a 1/6 Barbarian :rock

Thanks GB! He's based on a Famous Covers Sabertooth body, so he's about 7"
tall (not counting the mohawk :lol)

It's the widest chest they made. Wolverine and Thor are the next biggest.

They make perfect 1/6th Dwarven bodies. I plan to use the Thor body to make that Evan Pell, the "dwarven Jedi" in PM. The one w/ one eye, large ears, etc. Got a custom saber for him. Just need to start sculpting up the head...project #342 it seems like!

-Rex

Hi Tony, glad you like Thorrgrim. The tattoos took about 4 days or so. Paint one side, let it dry, hit w/ Dullcoat, start another side.

Painting him...don't remember to be honest. Quite awhile.

Sculpting the head pieces about and hour 1/2. The hair and beard about...30-45 min. Add more then you think you'll need, then when the glue's dry, trim it.

Remove Sabertooth's claw hands, drill out the forearms, epoxy putty a ball in the socket, stick the fist hands in there, rotating slowly, so the putty doesn't ahere to the wrist post, but holds it securely.

The whole project took roughly a week or so. Working on it in the evenings.

-Rex

Thanks GB! He's based on a Famous Covers Sabertooth body, so he's about 7"
tall (not counting the mohawk :lol)

Holy Crap! That's even more awesome... I figured all that detail would be a pain for a 12" figure then you hit me with this! That's so cool, I'd love to see some shots of him next to other figures, just to get a better feel. But seriously, just awesome!

Holy Crap! That's even more awesome... I figured all that detail would be a pain for a 12" figure then you hit me with this! That's so cool, I'd love to see some shots of him next to other figures, just to get a better feel. But seriously, just awesome!

Sure. be happy to!

I'll take some new ones, the only one I can find of Thorrgrim with another figure is this one:

He's on a mission- loot treasure and slay undead. These undead were a quick bash using stuff at hand. Goal was "build a figure in 15 min." :rolleyes:

But it will give you a bit of a idea on the sizing.

Dungeonfighte1.jpg

Back