Thor: Ragnarok (November 3rd, 2017)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Who am I kidding I'm still a kid, even today, lol.

Yeah great correction as obviously am I.

I still play videogames my dad must be looking down on me and thinking “were did I go wrong”

My living mom is like....”Hi honey ummm are you still buying action figures” lolol

I enjoyed BF when it came out. I bought some resin figures to fill out my Batman line. I get it. But I knew it was a crap Batman -- too much wrong with it to undo what was right about it. For every cool moment, it has a terrible cringe-worthy TLJ (not The Last Jedi but Tommy Lee Jones) acting like "Jager on crack" -- not a good thing to me -- or Carrey's baseball pitching or the car driving up the building or Bane "booooooooomb"... I could go on and on.

It's as bad as that Superman movie with Richard Pryor... truly. It's just got better cinematography and prettier colors. I think its the colors that fool most of you, and the toy line that came out of it.

Yeah it’s a pretty cringe worthy film.

Give me muh Russo bros.

Batman Forever is very much like today's Justice League. People know there's so much wrong with it yet they try to enjoy it best they can because it has the stuff/characters they love so much in it.

Batman Forever is very much like today's Justice League. People know there's so much wrong with it yet they try to enjoy it best they can because it has the stuff/characters they love so much in it.

You ready for this.

For me...

JL way better than BF just because at least it has Superman, WW, Flash and Aquaman interacting with Batman and the action is slightly better which helped me endure the bad in it.

Last edited:
I enjoyed BF when it came out. I bought some resin figures to fill out my Batman line. I get it. But I knew it was a crap Batman -- too much wrong with it to undo what was right about it. For every cool moment, it has a terrible cringe-worthy TLJ (not The Last Jedi but Tommy Lee Jones) acting like "Jager on crack" -- not a good thing to me -- or Carrey's baseball pitching or the car driving up the building or Bane "booooooooomb"... I could go on and on.

Bane's "booooomb" was Batman & Robin not Forever but yes I take your point. And for that reason I have a pretty strong "like/hate" relationship with the film. Definitely not "love/hate" but I do still like the nostalgic vibe that I referenced earlier (or the most part anyway.) If I ever find myself watching it I'll usually find myself being taken back to remembering how "cool" certain parts were, where others just fall flat or are just *too* eye-rolling or worse. I feel like the scene where Jim Carrey drops the one guy out the window is an extremely unpleasant combination of jokes and antics that fall utterly flat coupled with a distracting level of outright mean-spiritedness. That entire sequence is a real turn-off for me.

But then a few scenes later it gets amusing again, and then lame, and then amusing and lame until it's all over and I shrug at the harmlessness of it all. Yeah, probably not too unlike the current JL flick, lol.

Yeah great correction as obviously am I.

I still play videogames my dad must be looking down on me and thinking “were did I go wrong”

My living mom is like....”Hi honey ummm are you still buying action figures” lolol

:lol :duff

You ready for this.

For me...

JL way better than BF just because at least it has Superman, WW, Flash and Aquaman interacting with Batman and the action is slightly better which helped me endure the bad in it.

I suppose that argument has logical merit.

But I bet you 'enjoyed' BF more when you walked out back in 1995 than you did in JL when it was over.

I suppose that argument has logical merit.

But I bet you 'enjoyed' BF more when you walked out back in 1995 than you did in JL when it was over.

Yes, definitely. Though I also had a stronger backlash against it whereas with JL I realized from the get go what a goofy mess it was, lol.

It's as bad as that Superman movie with Richard Pryor... truly. It's just got better cinematography and prettier colors. I think its the colors that fool most of you, and the toy line that came out of it.

I really can't put Indy or Bond in the same league action-wise as Batman Forever. That's a real stretch. Batman Forever's action scenes are typical over-indulgent 90's action scenes. Over the top as it were.

You need to watch Superman 3 and Batman Forever back to back. There is no way you truly think that.

The only interesting thing about Superman 3 is where Clark Kent and Evil Superman fight each other in that junk yard or whatever. You really think Forever has anything in it as bad as that Atari styled game where a computer Superman is dodging those missiles? :lol Yeah, Riddler and Two-Face are zany and over the top, but that's the world of comic books. If you think bores like Richard Pryor (a bore in the movie anyway, not a bore with his raunchy stand up) or Robert Vaughn as "Ross Webster". I mean, isn't Superman 3 the one where Clark Kent goes back to Kansas for his high school reunion? C'mon Wor.

Yeah, Batman Forever has a lot of cringey **** in it, but you said it yourself, it has a lot of good too. Off the top of my head, you got that great Batman-y suit up sequence that cuts out the crap and gives the audience what they want, Batman jumping in the Batmobile and going on a mission to fight crime. You got the bank action sequence with the acid vault and the Statue of Liberty. You got the bomb and the circus. You got a good telling of Robin's origin story. You have the hotel sequence where they trap Batman and set him on fire before Robin pulls him out. You have the Batcave going to hell. You have the end at claw island.

The visuals, cinemtagprhy and soundtrack alone are in a completely different playing field than anything in Superman 3. You diss the "prettier colors", but that's part of the appeal about a lot of these comic book movies. Taking the character and their environment (Batman = blue, Riddler = Green, Two-Face = Purple, Robin = Red) and making that part of the marketing campaign was a thing long before the Avengers, Guardians of the Galaxy, Ragnorok or Justice League. What color palettes does Superman 3 even have? :lol

You're a huge Star Wars nerd, surely you can understand how something as simple as colors can tick all the right boxes for you. Good = white, Bad = black, colorful droids, red and blue lightsabers, yellow text on black star fields hell, I've seen you get passionate about Darth Vader's control box buttons on his chest! Yeah, the Schumacher flicks were made to sell toys, but then again, so was/is Star Wars.

By all accounts Batman Forever exceeded in what it set out to do. I mean, it's definitely not one of my favorite movie or anything, but I don't think it's nearly as bad as people make it out to be. It was a fun flick. Yeah, I did like it when I was a young, naive, boy. If I was a 50 year old dude in 1995, yeah, I probably wouldn't have liked it. But then again, I probably wouldn't like Star Wars, Indiana Jones, 007, superheroes or Batman in general.

Name a perfect movie without anything wrong with it and I'll have Clown Prince tear it apart!

Batman Forever is actually a live action film that, unlike the computer animated Justice League, actually has living, breathing actors and full hand made sets. Diss on Jones and Carrey all you want for being too over the top for your tastes, but surely you can admit they did more work and put themselves into their roles than some intern putting in some downloaded textures on Steppenwolf's face (a character model that wouldn't look too out of place in a 1990s movie ironically enough). Forever is a much better made film and was certainly more successful in what Warner Bros. was seeking with a tent pole movie at the time. Yeah, the Batmobile drove up a wall, atleast they didn't waste millions of dollars editing an actor's mustache off in post. Justice League is just insulting, especially with how much time it was in development. No comparison.

If I was a 50 year old dude in 1995, yeah, I probably wouldn't have liked it.

Like my dad when he saw it :lol

But then again, I probably wouldn't like Star Wars, Indiana Jones, 007, superheroes or Batman in general.

My dad doesn't. He considers SW, Indy, and Batman garbage. Children's entertainment...when you want them to stay quiet and distracted, while mommy and daddy do stuff...not sure what that is though. :monkey3

Wait till some of you have kids and see how humoring their movie requests changes your perspective. After watching Despicable Me 3 and Captain Underpants this same year trust me when I say that JL wasn't that bad, lol.

I love Batman Forever because it has really cool visuals and awesome music.
JL has none of that. Nothing.

Oops. Then disregard my response. :D

Might as well disregard my response too lol

You need to watch Superman 3 and Batman Forever back to back. There is no way you truly think that.

The only interesting thing about Superman 3 is where Clark Kent and Evil Superman fight each other in that junk yard or whatever. You really think Forever has anything in it as bad as that Atari styled game where a computer Superman is dodging those missiles? :lol Yeah, Riddler and Two-Face are zany and over the top, but that's the world of comic books. If you think bores like Richard Pryor (a bore in the movie anyway, not a bore with his raunchy stand up) or Robert Vaughn as "Ross Webster". I mean, isn't Superman 3 the one where Clark Kent goes back to Kansas for his high school reunion? C'mon Wor.

Yeah, Batman Forever has a lot of cringey **** in it, but you said it yourself, it has a lot of good too. Off the top of my head, you got that great Batman-y suit up sequence that cuts out the crap and gives the audience what they want, Batman jumping in the Batmobile and going on a mission to fight crime. You got the bank action sequence with the acid vault and the Statue of Liberty. You got the bomb and the circus. You got a good telling of Robin's origin story. You have the hotel sequence where they trap Batman and set him on fire before Robin pulls him out. You have the Batcave going to hell. You have the end at claw island.

The visuals, cinemtagprhy and soundtrack alone are in a completely different playing field than anything in Superman 3. You diss the "prettier colors", but that's part of the appeal about a lot of these comic book movies. Taking the character and their environment (Batman = blue, Riddler = Green, Two-Face = Purple, Robin = Red) and making that part of the marketing campaign was a thing long before the Avengers, Guardians of the Galaxy, Ragnorok or Justice League. What color palettes does Superman 3 even have? :lol

You're a huge Star Wars nerd, surely you can understand how something as simple as colors can tick all the right boxes for you. Good = white, Bad = black, colorful droids, red and blue lightsabers, yellow text on black star fields hell, I've seen you get passionate about Darth Vader's control box buttons on his chest! Yeah, the Schumacher flicks were made to sell toys, but then again, so was/is Star Wars.

By all accounts Batman Forever exceeded in what it set out to do. I mean, it's definitely not one of my favorite movie or anything, but I don't think it's nearly as bad as people make it out to be. It was a fun flick. Yeah, I did like it when I was a young, naive, boy. If I was a 50 year old dude in 1995, yeah, I probably wouldn't have liked it. But then again, I probably wouldn't like Star Wars, Indiana Jones, 007, superheroes or Batman in general.

Name a perfect movie without anything wrong with it and I'll have Clown Prince tear it apart!

Batman Forever is actually a live action film that, unlike the computer animated Justice League, actually has living, breathing actors and full hand made sets. Diss on Jones and Carrey all you want for being too over the top for your tastes, but surely you can admit they did more work and put themselves into their roles than some intern putting in some downloaded textures on Steppenwolf's face (a character model that wouldn't look too out of place in a 1990s movie ironically enough). Forever is a much better made film and was certainly more successful in what Warner Bros. was seeking with a tent pole movie at the time. Yeah, the Batmobile drove up a wall, atleast they didn't waste millions of dollars editing an actor's mustache off in post. Justice League is just insulting, especially with how much time it was in development. No comparison.

Jesus dude warn me first before you post greatness like that lol

Yeah BF might not be too my liking because if I want to watch the batmobile put to good use i’ll just watch BB BUT BF is definately better than Superman 3 by a long shot.

lol@ Clown comment

You know what my favorite batmobile scene is of all time?

Here they are:

1. Batman Returns driving up to penguins window.
2. 89 return to batcave
3. BB Tumbler chase
4. Tumbler garage entrance TDK

Goldenthal's music was OK. Bombastic as the rest of the movie, so it fits.

Jaws. Raiders. Goldfinger. Die Hard. Star Wars. Matrix. Alien. Curse of the Black Pearl. One of the Lord of the Rings (you choose).

Movies I absolutely hated opening night:

Predator 2, Alien 3, Conan 2, Escape from LA, Robocop 2, Die Hard 2, Indy Last Crusade, Batman Returns, Batman Forever, B&R, Force Awakens.

The ones from that list that I have forgiven and come to appreciate and enjoy now:

Batman Returns
Indy Last Crusade
B&R
Force Awakens

Back