Thor: Ragnarok (November 3rd, 2017)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The only really good Marvel movies are The Winter Soldier, Iron Man, The Avengers and Guardians of the Galaxy. Each of those 4 completely covers drama, origin/adventure story, an action movie and a comedy.

If you've seen Winter Soldier, you've seen a much better version of Civil War. If you've seen Guardians of the Galaxy, you've seen a much better version of GOTG 2 and Thor 3. If you've seen Avengers, you've already seen a much better version of AOU. If you've seen Iron Man, you've already seen a superior version of Dr. Strange, Ant-Man, Iron Man 2-3 etc. etc.

It's just the same crap recycled over and over again.

No one builds conflict in me like you can I swear lol

0cEG6O.gif

Your logic is always so damn impeccable. :gah:

Get out of my head!

Please don’t make me hate Thor 3...please...i’m begging you.

giphy.gif

Last edited:
damn. Only 4/17 movies are good. Mcu sucks. How the hell did they last 10 years

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The only really good Marvel movies are The Winter Soldier, Iron Man, The Avengers and Guardians of the Galaxy. Each of those 4 completely covers drama, origin/adventure story, an action movie and a comedy.

If you've seen Winter Soldier, you've seen a much better version of Civil War. If you've seen Guardians of the Galaxy, you've seen a much better version of GOTG 2 and Thor 3. If you've seen Avengers, you've already seen a much better version of AOU. If you've seen Iron Man, you've already seen a superior version of Dr. Strange, Ant-Man, Iron Man 2-3 etc. etc.

It's just the same crap recycled over and over again.

I'll disagree with that. CW covers the damage superheroes can cause - don't think any other movie has dealt with that so well; tested friendships/loyalty; brought in a 3rd party view in the form of BP.

Antman's interesting re bringing in a rival to the Starks (Pym) and "anti-military" as well as successfully introducing the character. Dr. Strange opens up the concepts of alternate universes and at the same time DS as far as I know had never been done on film before.

Also First Avenger IMO does an excellent job. Besides the fact the I'd wanna know what happened with WS after TWS just like I want to know now what Cap & co. are doing.

IMO some are better; but so far don't think I'd describe the MCU as "recycled crap" vs. storylines opening up, character introduction, etc. Credit where credit is due IMO the MCU has successfully pulled off something never done before in films. Audiences can walk w. their wallets but so far they haven't. For me this year especially having the b@lls to do another Spiderman and make it work.

Especially after coming back from that gawdawful tasm2. Major cojones lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Too many tiers for my tastes lol

Too complicated I like easy.

For me Doctor Strange is the weakest of all the MCU movies.

Everything else I find good in them including IM2/IM3/TDW/AOU or greatness in them like TWS/CW/Avengers/Thor 3.

Even the Dormammu confrontation was decent but the rest of the movie is just blah, really bland.

Done.

Look I can’t help it i’m just a sucker for superheroes.

Don't dis my Wong like that. I need an HT Wong.:wink1:

JAWS is just messing with me pushing buttons trying to make me go nuclear.

Thor 3 is oscar material compared to Kong, just ask kara.

Prediction: Wor-Gar will hate Thor 3 lol

I'll disagree with that. CW covers the damage superheroes can cause - don't think any other movie has dealt with that so well; tested friendships/loyalty; brought in a 3rd party view in the form of BP.

Antman's interesting re bringing in a rival to the Starks (Pym) and "anti-military" as well as successfully introducing the character. Dr. Strange opens up the concepts of alternate universes and at the same time DS as far as I know had never been done on film before.

Also First Avenger IMO does an excellent job. Besides the fact the I'd wanna know what happened with WS after TWS just like I want to know now what Cap & co. are doing.

IMO some are better; but so far don't think I'd describe the MCU as "recycled crap" vs. storylines opening up, character introduction, etc. Credit where credit is due IMO the MCU has successfully pulled off something never done before in films. Audiences can walk w. their wallets but so far they haven't. For me this year especially having the b@lls to do another Spiderman and make it work.

All you did was explain what makes the plots of the movies a little different. In the end in their purest form, it's still tonally the same crap. Dr. Strange, Ant-Man, the and the Iron Man sequels are all poor man knock offs of Iron Man. You want to feel better vibes of Civil War? Go watch The Winter Soldier and The Avengers. Hungry for a colorful Marvel comedy but also want to see Hulk and Thor beat each other up? Watch Guardians and The Avengers.

At this point with Avengers 3: Part 1, we're definitely at the "seen one, seen em' all" stage. There should be no denying that.

I'd give a little leeway to Captain America: The First Avenger though. I quite liked it. I just wish it felt more like a period piece and less a rushed prologue to the Avengers.

Thor 3 is oscar material compared to Kong, just ask kara.

Kong. Giant monsters. Another 'verse that's about to die. Its all corporate mentality wanting to unify creativity in their image so kiddies can't image that world in any other fashion. Remakes at least used to force the audience to accept a new vision of creativity... now, the world must be unified and have a ten year plan. I cannot wait for this period to be over.

I think I will love it. But I'm totally lost now on whether the humor is a good thing or a bad thing. I have no interest in Thor as a comic book hero, so almost anything they do with him can work for me. No preconceptions. And I do think he's best when he's mighty and funny.

Kong. Giant monsters. Another 'verse that's about to die. Its all corporate mentality wanting to unify creativity in their image so kiddies can't image that world in any other fashion. Remakes at least used to force the audience to accept a new vision of creativity... now, the world must be unified.

I think I will love it. But I'm totally lost now on whether the humor is a good thing or a bad thing. I have no interest in Thor as a comic book hero, so almost anything they do with him can work for me. No preconceptions. And I do think he's best when he's mighty and funny.

**** if that’s the case then you’re in for quite the treat....lol But i’m being very serious the director knows how to create comedy that’s for certain.

Prediction: Wor-Gar will have 8 lol moments in this movie.

When the MCU gets too serious -- like Civil War -- I find it atrocious and boring. The "I hurt because I'm different" theme is so tired. Literally every superhero has this problem.

The Winter Solider is about as serious a comic book movie as I can take. It had great banter between CA and BW, yet still pulled off all its action sequences with taught energy and excitement. Especially Fury in his car. That movie has about the best balance.

Prediction: Wor-Gar will have 8 lol moments in this movie.

wat . . .

Wor hated Guardians 2, I think he's going to feel indifferent towards this one. There's about 8 PACMANesque jokes in Thor 3. He could very well be fuming by the end of it.

Then again, he thought the Raimi Spider-Man flicks were garbage and I *think* liked Homecoming the most. Who the **** knows. :lol

When the MCU gets too serious -- like Civil War -- I find it atrocious and boring. The "I hurt because I'm different" theme is so tired. Literally every superhero has this problem.

The Winter Solider is about as serious a comic book movie as I can take. It had great banter between CA and BW, yet still pulled off all its action sequences with taught energy and excitement. Especially Fury in his car. That movie has about the best balance.

Yeah TWS remains my favorite still.

wat . . .

Wor hated Guardians 2, I think he's going to feel indifferent towards this one. There's about 8 PACMANesque jokes in Thor 3. He could very well be fuming by the end of it.

Then again, he thought the Raimi Spider-Man flicks were garbage and I *think* liked Homecoming the most. Who the **** knows. :lol

Oh man i’m crying right now.

I didn't even see Homeycoming.

Spiderman's not my thing. Too boyish. Like a teen with ADD in pajamas jumping around.

Comic Book Heroes, for me, don't come anywhere near characters like Indiana Jones or James Bond.

RDJ's Iron Man is the closest thing to a good movie "hero". Cap was in TWS, but hasn't been that much of an underdog since. These super heroes need to be knocked down many pegs considering their indestructible rubber abilities. That's why everyone is rooting for Thanos to kick some serious ass.

I'd give a little leeway to Captain America: The First Avenger though. I quite liked it.
I just wish it felt more like a period piece and less a rushed prologue to the Avengers.
Eh, it's as stylish as it could be under those circumstances. Should've been split into two films or get an interquel mini-series that'd cover Cap/Skull conflict and Howling Commandos. Still a good film, on par with Iron Man.

Have you seen season 1 of Agent Carter, by the way?

I didn't even see Homeycoming.

Spiderman's not my thing. Too boyish. Like a teen with ADD in pajamas jumping around.

Comic Book Heroes, for me, don't come anywhere near characters like Indiana Jones or James Bond.

RDJ's Iron Man is the closest thing to a good movie "hero". Cap was in TWS, but hasn't been that much of an underdog since. These super heroes need to be knocked down many pegs considering their indestructible rubber abilities. That's why everyone is rooting for Thanos to kick some serious ass.

So accurate it hurts my comic book loving heart lol

Back