Thor: Love and Thunder **BEWARE SPOILERS**

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It doesn't ruin the movie and I agree that IW/EG are still far beyond most modern event films but I'm shocked that in 2022 alone we've gotten not one not two but THREE films better than the entirety of the MCU... :chase
Hmmmm what 3???

Top Gun 2 ?
The Batman ?

I don’t agree with any of those :lol

The Batman is close.

I like all but one of the Mission impossible movies more than Top Gun 2.
Yeah sorry Khev, but no way those films are “better” than the entirety of the MCU. Some individual Marvel entries? Sure. But saying they even remotely compete with the achievement of the interconnected MCU (through Endgame) is IMO laughable.

I find TGM to be similar to Spider-Man NWH, a feel good nostalgia-fest that pushed all the right buttons and dropped when the country was anxious for a reason to get back into theatres. But great? Heck, it’s not even original.

I agree that The Batman is quite good, the Batman detective story that many had been waiting to see. But better than the Infinity Gauntlet saga? I don’t think so.

Not having seen AWOW I’ll refrain from critiquing that particular claim. But I sense that if neither Maverick nor Batman could win me over that the Blue Man Group’s sequel doesn’t stand a chance lol.

Last edited:
Yeah sorry Khev, but no way those films are “better” than the entirety of the MCU. Some individual Marvel entries? Sure. But saying they even remotely compete with the achievement of the interconnected MCU (through Endgame) is IMO laughable.
When I said entirety of the MCU I meant better than every individual film in the entirety of the MCU and wasn't comparing them to the singular achievement that was "The Infinity Saga" which will always be unique and assumedly forever unmatched.
I find TPM to be similar to Spider-Man NWH, a feel good nostalgia-fest
I actually didn't find NWH and The Phantom Menace to be similar at all... :monkey3

When I said entirety of the MCU I meant better than every individual film in the entirety of the MCU and wasn't comparing them to the singular achievement that was "The Infinity Saga" which will always be unique and assumedly forever unmatched.
Well, I disagree on that point as well. CA:TWS, Avengers and Infinity War are all better in my book.
I actually didn't find NWH and The Phantom Menace to be similar at all... :monkey3
:lol

Arrgghhh!!!!! TGM! TGM! That damn PT will be the death of me lol.

I’ve gone back and watched CA:TWS and CA:CW

I can’t get over how much better these films are than any of the new phase 4 stuff. Granted these are some of my favs but Jeepers it just reminds me of how I got excited for MCU films yeah they were not all winners but there were more good films then bad. Not so with Phase 4

Next is Infinity War and then Endgame.

I think it’s been long enough that I can forgive the Russo’s for what they did to hulk :lol I watched part of Endgame the other day and that’s what got me to revisit the cap movies. As of now, you all know I’m not a fan of EG but again I can’t get over how much better it is when compared to most of the new stuff.

Will anything save phase 5
I’m currently in the middle of my rewatch of the MCU and recently finished Civil War too. Such a great movie, forgot how good it is. Truly incredible how they went from that to mostly utter crap of Phase 4. I watched Ant-Man after Civil War (I have a custom watch order) and even that was better than everything in Phase 4 outside of NWH. I even enjoyed Thor 2 over most of Phase 4.
I'm shocked that in 2022 alone we've gotten not one not two but THREE films better than the entirety of the MCU... :chase

Infinity War is still in my top 20 all time and EG was a top 10 all time theatrical experience but neither are on the level of those three IMO.
I thought The Batman was the worst portrayal I’ve ever seen of Batman. Boring with many plot holes and just lacked general logic to begin with. I’d probably rank Iron Man, Avengers, Winter Solider, GOTG, Civil War, GOTG2, Ragnarok, Infinity War, Endgame all above it even if I did somehow come to like it. Emo Bruce Wayne hopefully gets the axe from Gunn.

Won’t see Avatar 2 for a while, but I don’t see it having the same impact as independent MCU movies did like the above after the lack of any pop culture relevance of the first.
This might be one of if not the worst mcu movie yet. Absolutely horrible.
It is the worst MCU movie for me. I’d be willing to go further and say it is one of the worse movies I’ve ever watched. They ruined Aaron’s Thor run, which for me was one of the greatest modern comic runs of all time (well at least The God Butcher arc). TW just butchered his story which should have been an easy Top 5 MCU movie if done right. They assassinated Thor‘s character and ruined him for future movies with that dumb little girl. Awful CGI. Awful dialogue. Awful story.

I wish we got to see this movie in its true glory. Odinson (Past), Thor (Present), King Thor (Future) and battling Gorr throughout time. See Gorr create the God Bomb, see Gorr slaughter gods, and see Thor become the God of Gods when he stops the God Bomb. Would have been an epic MCU moment. Give Jane Foster Thor her own movie in Thor 5.

What's funny is that I feel the opposite about Hulk. I was so buzzing on Cap heroics when EG came out that I didn't pay too much attention to the Hulk stuff. Now whenever I revisit EG I'm shocked that the Russos didn't give him a single major moment in the final battle.
Well it was Hulk who performed the snap that brought half the universe back, so I consider it a pretty big moment even if the Russos decided to minimize it with their fealty to Cap and Tony's death. And Hulk was in pretty bad shape after that snap, so expecting him to take on Thanos immediately afterward was asking a lot. Of course they could have written it such that the gauntlet's gamma radiation just made him Hulk out to the max, but alas that didn't happen.
MMO: Massively Missed Opportunity and a blight on an otherwise great film. Hulk going FULL HULK on Thanos & Co. would have tipped the scales more realistically than a bunch of Wakandan and Asgardian red shirts running towards certain death. :LOL:

Yeah I think Professor Hulk's snap was his big moment, but yeah I would've also liked if the gauntlet's gamma radiation caused him to hulk out and then we could've seen him just decimate Thanos' army and then have a rematch against him.

Natasha sacrificed herself. Can you imagine Hulk's thirst for vengeance ... oh wait ... he pitched a bench pretty far over that. :chase

:ROFLMAO:

Especially since all they had to do was just give him Captain Marvel's scene where she stopped Thanos from snapping his fingers and temporarily prevented him from closing his fist until he hit her with the Power Stone.

She already had her big moment taking out the command ship, why did she need two while Hulk got none? :dunno Literally the final moments of the Thanos fight are Cap and Thor teaming up against him, then Captain Marvel, then Tony. Why the heck did she get a spot that should have been solely devoted to the Big Four?

It doesn't ruin the movie and I agree that IW/EG are still far beyond most modern event films but I'm shocked that in 2022 alone we've gotten not one not two but THREE films better than the entirety of the MCU... :chase

I enjoyed Captain Marvel's moment staring down Thanos, but as has been said, her taking out the battleship was enough for a hero moment.

Doctor Strange shouldn't have asked "Is that everyone?" if he knew CM would arrive late :lol

I was SCREAMINGGG in the theater when Captain Marvel showed up and took down Sanctuary II !!!!!!!!!!😃😃😃😁

I know this wouldn't sit well with a majority, but I personally would've liked it if Captain Marvel were the one to stop Thanos in the end 🤩

6tEadjY.jpg

Pls don't hurt me guyzz! :chase

Yeah I think Professor Hulk's snap was his big moment, but yeah I would've also liked if the gauntlet's gamma radiation caused him to hulk out and then we could've seen him just decimate Thanos' army and then have a rematch against him.

:ROFLMAO:

Doctor Strange shouldn't have asked "Is that everyone?" if he knew CM would arrive late :lol

I was SCREAMINGGG in the theater when Captain Marvel showed up and took down Sanctuary II !!!!!!!!!!😃😃😃😁

I know this wouldn't sit well with a majority, but I personally would've liked it if Captain Marvel were the one to stop Thanos in the end 🤩

6tEadjY.jpg

Pls don't hurt me guyzz! :chase
That's a hard no. Nothing against CM, but she hadn't earned it yet - her doing this would be the equivalent of Arya killing the Night King in GoT.

After seeing Guardians 3, Taika should really get some tips from James Gunn on how to add comedic elements that actually work and fits the characters.

Also compare the death of Jane in this film to the scene with Gamora and Peter at the end of Guardians. So much emotion felt with the latter, but nothing felt with the former.

I honestly don't think this film deserves anything more than a 3/10.

Back