Thor: Love and Thunder **BEWARE SPOILERS**

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Damn, was hoping they might transition to Beta Ray Bill. On it's surface I'm not thrilled with the apparent idea of Foster as Thor. But Taika is amazing, and MCU knows what it's doing. So, I'm sure it will be good.

You go girl! :clap

giphy.gif

Exactly. Like she doesn't have an Oscar, four nominations, 20 years of career and is considered one of the best working actresses in the film industry. Worry more about the writing for the movie, which was the main problem with the past ones.

Well said. :lecture

If done right, this could be one of Marvel’s most impressive films to date.

I fully support seeing Portman as Jane Foster aka Thor. The Goddess of Thunder is one of the most bad*** characters in the Marvel Universe. I think Portman can nail this. I’ve been waiting for Jane Foster to “pick up the mantle”. I’d love to see a story adaptation from her 2014 run - one of my faves of all-time. The story arc is flawless, IMO.

Everything post-EG is a giant "What If" story for me so I'm fine with Portman Thor since I've liked her in pretty much everything she's ever done.

I'm sure Waititi will make it goofy and fun and nothing to be upset about.

I fully support seeing Portman as Jane Foster aka Thor. The Goddess of Thunder is one of the most bad*** characters in the Marvel Universe. I think Portman can nail this. I’ve been waiting for Jane Foster to “pick up the mantle”. I’d love to see a story adaptation from her 2014 run - one of my faves of all-time. The story arc is flawless, IMO.

Would you happen to remember the name of the arc? I'd like to pick up the graphic novels.

You peep are such clowns. Stop living in the past. There will always be a Thor; just as there will always be a Loki.

People are actually complaining about Nataile Portman? Seriously? Not only is she gorgeous but she's an excellent actress. I think this is an awesome surprise.

I don’t know. I used to be a fan of hers but over the years I find that she never really comes off as a character. It always feel somewhat artificial. Which isn’t too big of a problem generally in the mcu because it isn’t like these are Oscar winning movies for acting. However, I do wonder how she will fare with the improvisational style that was used in ragnorak. Like her or not, I would suspect most would agree that her acting really suffers when it is not a good match between her and the director (Star Wars).

She did said Star Wars ruined her career. But then again, it doesn't require a lot of acting with heavy make-up and some physical make believe. Still, she did well as Jane Foster in Thor. Be interesting to see how well she do, being mostly physical, swinging that hammer and such. And movie Thor just doesn't have that heavy Asgardian accent as such in the comics. Pulling off the physical will be her most challenging feat. Black Swan did require her physical effort.

Portman has zero charisma, especially compared to Hemsworth.
Given the Jane Foster cancer story background, this won't be a fun movie. This is a bad idea.

Yup if I cant get a Mathila the Professional movie then this is the next best thing. On board with her nailing it (with the little hammer in her like she said)... Chris was prolly like well i wouldnt say it was little Natalie...

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

IIRC, her problem was that she brought Patty Jenkins onboard and was excited to work with her, but then Marvel fired her and replaced her with another director (and given that Jenkins went on to make Wonder Woman and The Dark World ended up being...The Dark World, I guess she got the last laugh). Portman got really pissed about that and tried to back out of doing the movie.

But I don't think she hated the franchise or her costars or anything like that. And she did show up to the premier of Endgame and gave permission for them to use her likeness in stock footage, so those fences seem to have been mended.

Back