Thinking of selling my ENTIRE collection advice ?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Billy

Super Freak
Reaction score
Hi everyone

Some of you may reamber me wanting to sell my Hot Toys Dark Knight collection a few months ago.Ive been considering selling those and all of my other figures I have so many figures new and old.The thing is I collect guitars and the one I want is VERY expensive its going to cost over $2000.00 dollars if I get it my guitar collection will be complete.You ask why am I thinking of selling my figure collection and useing the money towards buying the guitar ?

All of my figures have been boxed since I posted that add and placed in plastic contaniers I never look at them they just sit in their and I keep reading posts about how alot of you are after these figures and I just dont bother with them.I think I feel bad because I dont apprecate them the way I should at the time I really wanted them and now they are no big deal to me.I think im loseing interest in this hobby.

This time around im not looking to make a profit only what I paid plus shipping and handleing.(I only ship UPS)I bought everything before it was a hot item.I like the idea of them going to someone who really would apprecate them.

So do you think I should just keep them or sell them ?

Billy

If guitars are more important than figures for you, then go for the sale!

But pm me first! Just kidding of course.

Good luck on whatever you decide to do.

Sent from my SCH-I510 using Tapatalk

I can't give you any advice on whether you should keep your collection or not, only you can do that, but one piece of advice I've seen repeated here to people selling everything is this:

Sell it all individually. It's more work, but that extra work will translate to dollars compared to selling it all as a lot or several lots.

Sounds like you've already made your decision.

My opinion is, sell what you've got and put it towards that guitar.

You will never feel at peace if you don't.
That feeling of, "I could have, I should have" sure is an empty feeling.

I know how you feel man. I have been collecting transformers in the last couple years before I got into sideshow stuff last year. Even though I haven't collected either for very long, I am already losing interest in the transformers. I have some rather valuable ones and they are on display at my work but I just don't feel the excitement for them that I have with the sideshow stuff. I have been seriously considering selling them as well but the thought of boxing them all and selling them separately just sounds like a lot of work so I keep putting it off. My guess is that if I really needed the money, I would sell them as a lot just to get rid of them and still get something in return for my new hobby. I think you are in the same boat but it seems like you need the money sooner to get that guitar. If you don't want them anymore, might as well sell them off so you can also make room for more guitars!

I will say this. I sold it all. I realized to me it was a waste of money. I think it was at times all about the hunt and grabbing that exclusive item. Now I couldn't care less. Happy to be rid of it all because I simply have no need for it. Good luck! :duff

Like some of the other posters have stated, it does appear that you have already made up your mind.

All comes down to what your interests are when you are collecting.

If it's not a must have, then sell. Your $2,000 guitar sounds like a must-have for you, so your decision is there.

Good luck with everything! :)

l don't know why you need to ask others whether you should sell your own possessions. l am thinking of selling my collection aswell, but l don't need to ask others if l should or not. it's up to us. go with your gut and what you feel. you already have decided you are not into it anymore if your collection is sitting in your closet and you made a thread asking whether you should sell or not. just make a decision that you won't regret later. obviously the guiter is more important to you.

Billy what guitars do you have? I have several my-self. My 2 cents, soulds like you've made up your mind. A guitar is a tool of the trade for a musician; a bunch of boxed up toys are just a bunch of boxes of toys.

Good luck with your decision.

Thank you everyone for the replies the reason I wanted to ask is because ive been debateing back and forth.Asking all of you is easyier then everyone else I know because they dont like collecting action figures and I wanted to know what you all thought.Since you understand what it is like collecting action figures it took along to get my collection started and I wanted to be shure im makeing the right choice.

The guitar i want to buy is this one Im a big fan of these guitars and everytime I find one for sale I dont have the money.https://www.rickenbacker.com/model.asp?model=350/12V63

I go back and forth with wanting to sell off our entire collection. But then I remember how much I love them, and I just can't do it. If you don't feel all fuzzy for them, then it's time to say good bye.

If you have so many new and old figures, and you bought them before they became hot items, it shouldn't take that many to sell and raise the $2000 you need, and you'll still have a bunch of boxed up figures to lament upon.

Back