Things to see and do in LA and San Diego

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm interested for other things to do there as well...... I wanted to go to LA to attend this years Halloween Horror nights. But I'm just curious as to HOW crazy and packed it gets. I usually attend the HHN in Orlando, FL and it's pretty packed every year. I just go early and get also get the frequent fear pass :cool:

I'm interested for other things to do there as well...... I wanted to go to LA to attend this years Halloween Horror nights. But I'm just curious as to HOW crazy and packed it gets. I usually attend the HHN in Orlando, FL and it's pretty packed every year. I just go early and get also get the frequent fear pass :cool:
Thats the one at Universal right? If so I have been once or twice and unless its Halloween or that weekend its not to bad. Its the second Halloween spot here as many more people go to Knotts Scary Farm its more popular had been around much longer almost 40 years if I remember right.

Thats the one at Universal right? If so I have been once or twice and unless its Halloween or that weekend its not to bad. Its the second Halloween spot here as many more people go to Knotts Scary Farm its more popular had been around much longer almost 40 years if I remember right.

Yeah, it's at Universal Studios in Orlando and Hollywood. Surprisingly it's never been busy on Halloween night, maybe because people are out trick or treating with their kids OR at other Halloween parties.....

But I've heard of other haunted houses around the country, I'm just a HUGE fan of movies, props and all that. So HHN is my poison of choice :cool:

Go to the Arclight and see a movie in the dome, and go to Molly's.

FYI Hardees > Carl's Jr. , and Edy's Ice Cream > Dryers Ice Cream. Crazy Californians gotta be so different and change the name of everything hahahaha.

Go to the Arclight and see a movie in the dome, and go to Molly's.

FYI Hardees > Carl's Jr. , and Edy's Ice Cream > Dryers Ice Cream. Crazy Californians gotta be so different and change the name of everything hahahaha.
Just a FYI Carls Jr is about 20 years older the Hardees :D

Just a FYI Carls Jr is about 20 years older the Hardees :D

Hardees and CJ's have very similar logos because they are both owned by the same corporation...CKE Restaurants, I think the name is.

(on a side note not related to the thread subject, I have noticed that some things do have different names out here, though they are the same food such as Best Foods mayonaise which is Hellman's further East. They have evn had the same jingle..."Bring out the Hellmans/Best Foods and bring out the best".)

Hardees and CJ's have very similar logos because they are both owned by the same corporation...CKE Restaurants, I think the name is.

(on a side note not related to the thread subject, I have noticed that some things do have different names out here, though they are the same food such as Best Foods mayonaise which is Hellman's further East. They have evn had the same jingle..."Bring out the Hellmans/Best Foods and bring out the best".)

I know but I was pointing out that it was not Carls bitting on Hardees its Hardees bitting on Carls. LOL Yeah the Hellmans Bestfood has been like that forever.

Le Petit Four is a nice indoor/outdoor restaurant on Sunset (Sunset Plaza) just east of Whiskey, Rainbow, and Viper clubs.

I'd stay away from Hollywood Blvd. as a whole...just ridiculous up there and Malibu isn't anything special at all too....just a community by the beach, but Gladstone's is a good seafood restaurant close to there on the PCH.

Also, if you just drive down the Avenue of the Stars in Century City (beside 20th Century Fox Studios) you can see Fox Plaza (aka Nakatomi Tower - Die Hard).

Le Petit Four is a nice indoor/outdoor restaurant on Sunset (Sunset Plaza) just east of Whiskey, Rainbow, and Viper clubs.

I'd stay away from Hollywood Blvd. as a whole...just ridiculous up there and Malibu isn't anything special at all too....just a community by the beach, but Gladstone's is a good seafood restaurant close to there on the PCH.

yeah, hollywood is pretty much a ^^^^ hole. Worked at studios there for a few years, on every street you can pick up used condons, syringe, and all sort of crap.

If you cant make it out to malibu to try gladstone, they have one closer in the universal studio walks.

yeah, hollywood is pretty much a ^^^^ hole. Worked at studios there for a few years, on every street you can pick up used condons, syringe, and all sort of crap.

If you cant make it out to malibu to try gladstone, they have one closer in the universal studio walks.

Man, that's sad to hear...... I've always daydreamed of living in Hollywood and how beautiful it would be. But I'm soon finding out that all these things that you have this "perception" of turns out not to be so pretty :monkey2

It's kinda like my theory of working at/for a theme park...... It's always fun to visit and enjoy the sites, but when you see it on a consistent basis and see everything "behind the scenes", the magic just isn't as "magical" anymore :lol

there are many good places to live and visit in LA, hollywood just doesn't live up to its reputation.

One thing that's very unique in LA that I seldom seen anywhere else is the rapid change of the condition of neighborhood. You can literally cross a street and go from a nice surburb to a getto. Most other cities has that happen gradually, in some areas of LA, its crossing the street.

there are many good places to live and visit in LA, hollywood just doesn't live up to its reputation.

One thing that's very unique in LA that I seldom seen anywhere else is the rapid change of the condition of neighborhood. You can literally cross a street and go from a nice surburb to a getto. Most other cities has that happen gradually, in some areas of LA, its crossing the street.

I know exactly what you mean. It's the exact same thing here in San Fran. One second you're walking on a street with beautiful Victorian homes, then you turn the corner and walk a couple blocks and you're suddenly seeing tranny crack heads..... :lol

there is a vibe in Hollywood like no other in the world and any visitor would do well to experience it. the highs are very high, and the lows are the lowest...

there is a vibe in Hollywood like no other in the world and any visitor would do well to experience it. the highs are very high, and the lows are the lowest...

In my own opinion, gaining that experience is not worth tolerating the visit.

So what work did you do with the studios out there???

I just visited Hollywood for Halloween horror nights and I'm REALLY intrigued :cool:

Back