Things I Hate

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
And Paw is right. Nobody's fault. Parents or Disney. [/B][/COLOR]

If Disney knew that the water had gators in it... and that their patrons frequented that site... and they didn't place signage to warn those patrons of the presence of gators...

Then they have a case to answer.

If Disney knew that the water had gators in it... and that their patrons frequented that site... and they didn't place signage to warn those patrons of the presence of gators...

Then they have a case to answer.

There will be a lawsuit no matter what. Even if they had those big signs up, they'd still have to pay. They already said they are doing all they can for the parents. They're not shirking it at all.

Goodness, you're probably more apt at getting your eye put out by gulls down there than getting eaten by a gator.

My wife and I, and now our 2 year old, go to WDW at least once a year and she's a pretty big Disney Park fanatic.

She told me earlier that the reason for the No Swimming signs in the first place was due to the risk from bacteria in the water. So they actually considered that a bigger threat based on experience.

My wife and I, and now our 2 year old, go to WDW at least once a year and she's a pretty big Disney Park fanatic.

She told me earlier that the reason for the No Swimming signs in the first place was due to the risk from bacteria in the water. So they actually considered that a bigger threat based on experience.

I read about that. Maybe because it doesn't get a lot of movement.

There will be a lawsuit no matter what. Even if they had those big signs up, they'd still have to pay. They already said they are doing all they can for the parents. They're not shirking it at all.

I'm not talking about whether they're shirking or not. I'm speaking from the perspective that they had a responsibility to inform their patrons of the presence of alligators in the water. By not providing that information they have left their patrons unaware of the proper nature of the risk posed by entering the water. As a result, these patrons have had to watch their child taken and killed by a wild animal.

I'm not talking about whether they're shirking or not. I'm speaking from the perspective that they had a responsibility to inform their patrons of the presence of alligators in the water. By not providing that information they have left their patrons unaware of the proper nature of the risk posed by entering the water. As a result, these patrons have had to watch their child taken and killed by a wild animal.

I tried to change the subject. :lol

I'm done discussing it. Disney will pay big time, and I'm sure they'll be big changes made.

was it really necessary?

if you lose a limb from a shark attack. does that justify going on a shark hunt looking for that missing limb?

did alligators over there reach pest levels to warrant such killing?
i know its pretty emotional for the parents. but, just cause?
if they lost their kid from an allergic reaction from a bee sting, will they unleash bee armageddon?

i find it silly.

did alligators over there reach pest levels to warrant such killing?
i know its pretty emotional for the parents. but, just cause?
if they lost their kid from an allergic reaction from a bee sting, will they unleash bee armageddon?

i find it silly.
It is silly.

Humans were the pests in this situation. Gators were just minding their business, doing what they do and have done since before we existed.

Back