thegoat's DIY Kitbashes / Customs - TRAVIS BICKLE ( Taxi Driver )

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

thegoat

Freakalicious
Reaction score
Hey guys. This thread will serve as a platform for me to show you guys my DIY style kitbashes and customs. I've been collecting and customizing in 6 inch style for years, but I've just recently got into 1/6 scale stuff. I definitely am not on a level of most guys on here who can do dead-on original headsculpts, but I can do minor mods like sculpting new hair styles / dremeling etc. So, here I'll be showing you guys customs / bashes that you can all copy with just some minor custom skills. Also, I'm definitely doing 1/6 on a budget, so maybe others who can't spend hundreds on custom figures can get some project ideas from here, as most of these cost you under $100 to build. Anyways, here is the first one I have completed.

1. Donnie Darko

Here's what I used to build this guy.
- X-Series pale body
- Soldier story hands (matched the skin better)
- Loading Toys Jake Gyllenhaal head (Gavin)
- Adidas shoes off ebay, not sure the company
- Toy Soldier US Army Hoodie
- Art Figures black T-shirt
- Dragon Jackie Chan "My Story" pants
- Black socks
- NECA "12 Frank The Bunny

I added hair to the Loading Toys sculpt, removed the ARMY text from the hoodie, painted the shoes white to match Donnie's shoes in the film, and painted the skeleton design over the clothing. Overall, I'm satisfied with how it came out, especially since it cost me under $100.

2. Travis Bickle

Here's what I used to build this guy.
- X-Series pale body
- Soldier story hands (matched the skin better)
- Brother Productions Travis Bickle head
- Toys Head Quarters Fight Club Jeans
- CalTek WWI German Infantryman Boots (cut at mid length to fit under the jeans)
- (I can't remember the info on the jacket, I got it off ebay months ago)
- Generic white button shirt from ebay
- Hot Toys Resident Evil Biohazard Leon Kennedy Magnum Revolver
- (I can't remember the info on the glasses, I got them off ebay months ago)
- Patches are print outs on card stock attached with hot glue

I'm so happy to finally have this guy built. Taxi Driver is probably my favorite movie, and it's so nice to have a really good 1/6 fix of him that didn't break the bank. This "Bickle on a budget" cost me about $100, though the Hot Toys Magnum put him over, costing me about $30.

Last edited:
Re: thegoat's DIY Kitbashes / Customs - DONNIE DARKO

Great job! :hi5: glad darko is finally getting some love! Looking forward in seeing more work from you!

Great job especially on the skeleton suit, shame there isn't a better sculpt likeness about.
Great film with have to dig it out and rewatch.

One of my favorite films, great job man. Loving the usage of NECA Frank too :rock

Back