The Zartan thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I hope they don't go color changing skin, in fear that it would mess the fig up!

But even if they do, it wouldn't stop me from getting! :rock

Just buy two figs, one for the color change damaging and one to keep mint :rock

Problem solved!!! A kid all over again with my Zartan, I still have my original and he still changes colors, tested and approved! :rock

i really hope that it looks like the original v1 zartan that came with the swamp skier and that can be the exclusive. that being said im really scared how sideshow will tackle all the exposed joints. it would be awesome if they did some kind of muscle body ala hot toys. hint hint. :monkey3

... I hope not. Though If you're hell bent on having a muscle body, these figures swap easily over to the hot toys muscle body just fine.

Also, Really doubt sideshow would go the route to develop a muscle body.

... I hope not. Though If you're hell bent on having a muscle body, these figures swap easily over to the hot toys muscle body just fine.

Also, Really doubt sideshow would go the route to develop a muscle body.

If they did a muscle body ala HotToys, you can forget having him stretch and reach up to grab the handlebars of his Swamp Skier. Muscle suits are visually appealing, but the poseability sucks. The way HotToys does it is metal flanges in the elbows. If you constantly play with it, over time, just like any metal that's worked, it'll eventually snap. Personally, if it's that big of an issue, which it isn't for me, they could do something similar to what DC Direct does with the legs on their 13" female figures. This would hide the joints and preserve the poseability.

i hate rubber skinned muscle bodies...

i much prefer looking at articulation joints than having a crappy rubber body that won't pose... and the skin all dry rots away in a year or two...

Sorry I dont know much about Zartan but why would his skin change color? But I do think a color changing feature on a figure would be kinda lame.

The character is allergic to sun light in the cartoons/comics/file cards

and the 3 3/4 1984 version, I might be wrong on the year but someone will correct me, it's just off the top of my head, had color changes as well.

Sorry I dont know much about Zartan but why would his skin change color? But I do think a color changing feature on a figure would be kinda lame.

the original figure was made using UV reactive plastic for the flesh tones....

his skin turned blue in the sunlight.... this was supposed to simulate his ability to blend in with his surroundings.

the original figure was made using UV reactive plastic for the flesh tones....

his skin turned blue in the sunlight.... this was supposed to simulate his ability to blend in with his surroundings.

Yep. Zandar and Zarana (his brother and sister) did it too, although it was more greyish.

Personally I hop they they leave it out of the 1/6 figure, I just don't think it'd be that useful and actually hinder the final product.

Yep. Zandar and Zarana (his brother and sister) did it too, although it was more greyish.

Personally I hop they they leave it out of the 1/6 figure, I just don't think it'd be that useful and actually hinder the final product.

It wouldn't make it or break it for me either, either way I don't think I'll be leaving my 1/6 Zartan out on the porch for roasty toasty sun bathing...

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="https://www.youtube.com/v/WgEFUNO-bGE&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="https://www.youtube.com/v/WgEFUNO-bGE&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="https://www.youtube.com/v/WgEFUNO-bGE&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="https://www.youtube.com/v/WgEFUNO-bGE&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

:rock :rock :rock

Sideshow should make The Chameleon bike, too. :lecture

Back