The X-Files Re-Opened: New Seasons From FOX (Season 11 Coming Soon)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I hipe that the creators were aware of this and that Season 11 closes in such a way that her departure won’t be an issue. I dare say, I’d probably enjoy future episodes without Scully more than 8 and 9 without Mulder.

DOsxKL_VAAAKIR0

I don't imagine a reboot would ever happen nor do I think if they tried it would succeed.

They essentially did try a reboot with Season 9, it was Doggett and Reyes and there were some good episodes but it just didn't hold, the chemistry between Duchovny and Anderson is what makes the show work.

The other factor is I don't see Chris Carter being involved without them and if he's not behind it, a reboot would bare no resemblance to the show we know.

I don't care if they reboot it or not, at this point, everything is a reboot, spin off, whatever, and you just have to come to accept that it's the way of Hollywood and nothing will change that. I will really object if/when the time comes that the reboot is all you can access and the originals become unavailable. I don't care what NEW X-Files they come up with so long as I have 11 seasons of Mulder and Scully and 2 movies.

Duchovny killed this show to pursue a " movie career" that never happened

It is his fault the later seasons werent as great. His fault.

Duchovny killed this show to pursue a " movie career" that never happened

It is his fault the later seasons werent as great. His fault.

Agreed, but again, it's because he was gone. I could see the show maybe doing ok with Mulder and no Scully, but Mulder's the whole reason for the X-File so it really kills the show when you take him away.

SYNOPSIS OF FIRST 5 EPISODES

-----------------------------------

Episode 1
“My Struggle III,” will continue the plot thread from season 10. Like the My Struggles before it, the episode was written and directed by Carter. Here’s the episode description: “Picking up after the last event series’ cliffhanger, Mulder (David Duchovny) and Scully (Gillian Anderson) learn that they aren’t the only ones desperately searching for their long-lost son, William. The very fate of the world may depend on it.”
No surprises here, as William was said to be the key to the alien virus at the end of “My Struggle II.” After the premiere, however, the descriptions get a little more cryptic.

Episode 2
“This,” revolves around “An old friend reaches out to Mulder and Scully in a seemingly impossible way, revealing a chilling secret.” The episode is written and directed by Glen Morgan. From speaking with Morgan for our October X-Files cover story, we know the episode is an homage to a classic spy thriller.
“I looked at it like The X-Files does North by Northwest,” Morgan told Den of Geek earlier this year, referencing Alfred Hitchcock’s 1959 thriller in which a milquetoast Cary Grant is mistaken for a government agent by foreign spies, and is pursued across the country. “It’s not a Monster-of-the-Week, it’s more like a Mulder and Scully on the run type thing.”

Episode 3
“Plus One,” follows “a spate of deaths, in which the victims were plagued by their own doppelgangers, lead Mulder and Scully to a pair of twins playing a dangerous game. Guest-starring Karin Konoval (Season Four’s “Home”).” The episode was written by Chris Carter. New to The X-Files for this episode is director Kevin Hooks, whose recent directing credits include Nat Geo’s Genius, Marvel’s The Punisher, and Agents of S.H.E.I.L.D.

Episode 4
“The Lost Art of Forehead Sweat,” as you might be able to guess is from writer/director Darin Morgan. The episode explores “the idea of The Mandela Effect, in which large groups of people remember an alternate history, Mulder and Scully find out how the X-Files themselves may really have originated.” Comedian Brian Huskey guest stars.

Episode 5
“Ghouli,” written and directed by James Wong: “When a pair of teenage girls attack one another, each believing the other to be a monster, Mulder and Scully find that their investigation could possibly lead back to their long-lost son, William.”
The X-Files Season 11 consists of 10 episodes. We’ll do an update when we have the full list of episode titles and descriptions.

-----------------

I'm excited for Episode 2 because based on previews, I believe it's Langley, always glad to have the Gunmen back involved, the cameo in season 10 was good, but having lines would be great.

I thought that was one of the best episodes of the monster of the week batch, my least favorite was the trash killer.

The X-Files was my reason for living when I was a teen. But the moment they forced a romance between Mulder and Scully, the show lost me. That whole season was a mess, and not just because of "scheduling conflicts", it was the storyline.
A stupid and unbelievable romance followed by a baby, and of course there's conspiracy involving the baby, it got to be like a bloody soap opera.

I will buy the aliens, the mutated flukeworm,the werewolf, the vampire, the witch coven, the haunted doll, and the dead murderer resurrecting himself in the genetic link between himself and his granddaughter to commit more murders, but I WILL NOT BELIEVE for ONE SECOND that a skeptical, science minded, rational character like Scully would ever hook up with a character like Mulder.

That's what killed the series, in my opinion. And that's probably a big part of why I couldn't get into the "revival" series.

Curious which direction they're taking S11. I liked S10 alot, don't get me wrong but other than the first and the last episode, the rest felt more like a nice reunion with a mix of monsters like the old series. X-Files at it's best for me personally is Mulder's journey surrounding the conspiracies and Aliens and i wanted more of it.

I get the Mulder and Scully are way off in their beliefs, but even in the first couple seasons, Scully already had a devotion to Mulder, however much they didn't see eye to eye on things, their work revealed themselves in the deepest ways to one another and that's what they fell for, not ideologies.

Back