The WWE Thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
In case you didn't know, WWE shared this breaking news!

Daniel Bryan medically cleared to return to in-ring action:
https://www.wwe.com/shows/smackdown/article/daniel-bryan-makes-huge-announcement?sf185073830=1

This will not end well. People don't want him to return as everyone fears another "Chris Benoit" incident. Cleared or not, people believe he has major brain damage. On long terms, clearing him may hurt the image of WWE. Let's simply hope he is indeed healthy.

He's been pushing for this for 2 years. His contract was coming due pretty soon. It feels like WWE wanted to get the payday of Bryan's return instead of serving it up to NJPW or ROH. I also wonder how much keeping him out was part of that concussion lawsuit they've had hanging around for what feels like forever.

Cleared or not, people believe he has major brain damage.

What do you make of the fact that all the doctors he's seen have cleared him?

My reading of the situation was that he was fine, but WWE was playing it safe.

There seems to be quite a bit of smoke to the return of Hulk Hogan rumors. I’m not sure what to feel on this one. Nothing will make what he said in that video okay. I understand WWE’s position in wanting to rehab the image of one of their most recognizable stars of all time even if he’ll probably only come back for the occasional nostalgia pop and sell merchandise.

There seems to be quite a bit of smoke to the return of Hulk Hogan rumors. I’m not sure what to feel on this one. Nothing will make what he said in that video okay. I understand WWE’s position in wanting to rehab the image of one of their most recognizable stars of all time even if he’ll probably only come back for the occasional nostalgia pop and sell merchandise.

I heard he will replace Daniel Bryan as Smack Down GM after DB cleared to wrestle again.

Sells a chokeslam through a table by Steph like she ate too many bonbons for desert. :lol

DZ3sCqvWkAIGFQ_

I cringe a little when I watch her in the ring because she just doesn't have the charisma and is bad on the mic.

She could have really benefited from some time in NXT. It's understandable why they didn't do that, as they want to capitalize on what little hype she can still produce while they can, but from an entertainment perspective. . .and you juxtapose that with something like the Undisputed Era, who each have 10-15 years of experience in wrestling, and could set up a wrestling clinic. But those guys have to pay their dues in NXT to show that they know what they're doing.

Maybe they should take a page out of Lesnar’s book and pair her with a manager that can talk for her. I don’t know who could be the equivalent female Heyman, but maybe they should go that route.

Maybe do a swerve and have her partner with Stephanie McMahon. I don’t like how Steph’s character talks down (and damages in some cases) the characters on RAW (without “getting hers” like Vince used to)....but she’s the only female mouthpiece equivalent to Heyman.

Only problem is that Steph’s ego won’t let her character “look weak”...something her father was much better at was messing with all the WWE characters but eventually they managed to “get even” with Vince.

After watching Smackdown I have this feeling they’re going to try turning Bryan heel. They’re not that dumb right?

Maybe they should take a page out of Lesnar’s book and pair her with a manager that can talk for her. I don’t know who could be the equivalent female Heyman, but maybe they should go that route.

Maybe do a swerve and have her partner with Stephanie McMahon. I don’t like how Steph’s character talks down (and damages in some cases) the characters on RAW (without “getting hers” like Vince used to)....but she’s the only female mouthpiece equivalent to Heyman.

Only problem is that Steph’s ego won’t let her character “look weak”...something her father was much better at was messing with all the WWE characters but eventually they managed to “get even” with Vince.
Not a lot of great female talkers coming to mind. And the great Christopher Hitchens wrote about why that might be. . . https://www.vanityfair.com/culture/2007/01/hitchens200701

Sherry was OK as the manager for Harlem Heat, but not great. The most well known female manager of all time has to be Elizabeth, who barely uttered a word. Sunny was decent, but nothing to write home about. Vicky Guerrero was really good in her role, but for her ability to annoy, not appeal.

Yeah, give her Heyman :lol

After watching Smackdown I have this feeling they’re going to try turning Bryan heel. They’re not that dumb right?
Bryan was a great heel, but it's hard to see how that makes sense right now, given the beating he received from Owens and Zayn. On the other hand, while he would be red hot as a straight up face wrestler, if they start him as a heel he could work his way back up, and possibly be a bigger draw in the long run as a result. The "smart marks" don't like it when someone is shoved down their throats, even if they were initially responsible for his success. If they start cheering for him despite the fact that he's a heel, then he's in a really good situation.

A friend of mine, who I'll be heading to Wrestlemania with, thinks the appearance of Kid Rock means Biker Taker may appear. We both hope that this is not the case :lol

“And if I didn’t perform at WrestleMania, in some strange, weird way, I’d feel like I was letting Vince McMahon down. I’ve been in the WWE for so long, and he’s done so much for me.”

Back