The WWE Thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It's a sad night when the most over thing is potted plant that got destroyed the week before. RIP Mitch. I wonder if WWE can go a whole episode without the distraction-roll up finish. The best they can come up with for AJ, Doc, and Anderson is "The Club"? Maybe temporary if Finn Balor gets called up.

Barrett had some real possibility but his body worked against him. The guy just couldn't stay healthy...

I like some of them, but I had one on my Ipod when I was jogging, and he was going on about one of his dogs, and all they had to do to get him to the vet when he was sick. And he went on and on and on. I kept waiting for the transition to the actual podcast, then realized about 40 minutes in that the whole podcast was about Austin getting his damn dog to the vet :lol I haven't listened to one since then. But I enjoyed his ones with Big Show and Lesnar.

I leave every Austin Podcast wanting some Stone Cold IPA and Shari's Berries, but needing to do DDP Yoga to work it off.

So Roman Reigns can withstand 2 Styles Clashes including one on a chair, and bunch of chair shots. It was nice of AJ to make Roman watchable for a month and half. Back to the mid-card now sadly. Good to see Seth Rollins back.

The 4 way IC title match was pretty good and easily match of the night.

Is it just me or are there many more Cody Rhodes fans coming out of the woodwork now that he's been given his release? The guy had a 10 year run and I'm struggling to remember an actually memorable match he had.

I haven't seen anything since Wrestlemania, but the Women's division seemed to be the strongest it had been in memory, with all those great NXT wrestlers coming onto the main show. I hate to hear that Cody was let go. For a brief while a few years back, I thought he had one of the brightest futures in the company. Great in-ring skills, a great personality, and he could do lots of different things with it. But he never really connected with fans, and probably more unforgivable, he never bulked up in the way that McMahon insists his main eventers do.

My boy Rollins is back! The IC match was good and AJ once again carried Reigns. Here is hoping AJ wins money in the bank. Everything else absolute snooze fest. AJ took way too many big bumps trying to make Reigns matches relevant. I'm looking forward to takeover especially nakamura v Aries. nXt is the only programming WWE keeping my attention.

I haven't seen anything since Wrestlemania, but the Women's division seemed to be the strongest it had been in memory, with all those great NXT wrestlers coming onto the main show. I hate to hear that Cody was let go. For a brief while a few years back, I thought he had one of the brightest futures in the company. Great in-ring skills, a great personality, and he could do lots of different things with it. But he never really connected with fans, and probably more unforgivable, he never bulked up in the way that McMahon insists his main eventers do.

The Women's division kind of was put in limbo when they decided to keep Sasha Banks in the mothballs off TV until the run to her probably winning the title at SummerSlam. Aside from the title the Becky/Emma feud got blown up with Emma's injury.

As for Cody, I saw on another board someone describe him as a modern day Tito Santana and to me that really fits. He was a solid worker, but even at his peak he seemed like an IC or Tag Team Title-level guy. He's only 30 so he's got plenty of time. I'm sure if he wants to go to Japan there's a Bullet Club shirt waiting.

One difference between Cody and Tito is that Cody has real charisma and mic skills IMO. Tito had some charisma, but nothing that would ever propel him out of the mid-card. But Cody wasn't exactly CM Punk, either, so he was going to need bulk to move higher up the card. And that wasn't happening, so this was all he could really expect IMO.

So hopes of AJ winning money in the bank are done. I love Owens but to have AJ lose clean? They are just gonna let him waste on the mid card. Lame lame lame. And he pumps reigns tires?! Gimme a break

I wonder if they're setting up AJ to be the Sting of today. He'll bring Finn Balor in to be his partner against Gallows/Anderson and then be shocked when Balor turns on him.

I wonder if they're setting up AJ to be the Sting of today. He'll bring Finn Balor in to be his partner against Gallows/Anderson and then be shocked when Balor turns on him.
With Sting it was a running gag :lol

One of my very favorite all-time WCW moments:

Flair spends weeks and weeks setting this up :rotfl

Back