The WWE Thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
You almost feel bad for the main roster. There's no way Mania is topping this show. If I absolutely had to quibble with something I would have like to have seen Joe go over.

You almost feel bad for the main roster. There's no way Mania is topping this show. If I absolutely had to quibble with something I would have like to have seen Joe go over.

Honestly... as disappointing as past Manias have felt.... they have surprisingly delivered. I wouldn't be surprised to see Mania32 top it.

Damn good show though.

So I guess this means Zayn and Bailey are moving to the main roster probably to get buried . I don't like it . Asuka needs competition, who is she feuding with Eva? :slap

Glad Joe and Balor will continue

Oh, Nakamura. I'm not familiar with him.

He's the self proclaimed king of strong style. He's a flamboyant, stiff, aggressive, athletic worker that's just great to watch. Try to look up his match with AJ Styles on youtube. I believe it's from NJPW earlier this year. Both those guys are amazing.

He's the self proclaimed king of strong style. He's a flamboyant, stiff, aggressive, athletic worker that's just great to watch. Try to look up his match with AJ Styles on youtube. I believe it's from NJPW earlier this year. Both those guys are amazing.

Cool, I'll give it a look. What does strong style mean? He's not the same Japanese wrestler they signed several months ago last year is he? That Hulk Hogan introduced?

Anyone up for some predictions?

Andre the Giant Memorial Battle Royal - Three picks. Bray Wyatt, a returning Cesaro, or Braun Strowman

Kalisto vs. Ryback (United States Championship) - Kalisto. Wouldn't be surprised to see Goldberg cost Ryback the match

The Total Divas vs. B.A.D. & Blonde - Total Divas with Brie getting the pin.

The Usos vs. The Dudley Boyz - The Usos

Owens vs. Zayn vs. Stardust vs. Ziggler vs. The Miz vs. Ryder vs. Sin Cara (ladder match for Intercontinental Championship) - Sami Zayn or Kevin Owens. This match will set up a feud between the two.

The New Day vs. League of Nation - The New Day

AJ Styles vs. Chris Jericho - AJ Styles

Charlotte vs. Becky Lynch vs. Sasha Banks (Divas Championship) - Sasha Banks

Dean Ambrose vs. Brock Lesnar (No Holds Barred Street Fight) -Brock Lesnar

Shane McMahon vs. Undertaker (Hell in a Cell) - Shane McMahon, with help from Cena. I think Shane will jump from the top of the cage or go through the top. There has to be a big spot in this match.

Triple H vs. Roman Reigns (WWE World Heavyweight Championship)
- Unfortunatley Roman Reigns

Cool, I'll give it a look. What does strong style mean? He's not the same Japanese wrestler they signed several months ago last year is he? That Hulk Hogan introduced?

I think of it as a stiff version of wrestling heavy on hard striking. The guy you're thinking of is Kenta Kobayashi who goes by the name Hideo Itami now. He's been out injured since last spring.

Nakamura v zayn was great. I would like to see zayn stay in nXt but he is moving up. They won't use him right on main roster. Takeover was incredible

Yeah basically nakamura beats the crap out of his opponents. For realsies. But he also lets his opponent do the same to them...he just puts on some great matches. Here's the full match between Aj Styles and Nakamura. Had to search far and wide for this one. On part 1, skip to around 4 minutes for intros, action begins at about 10 minutes. It builds up for a while but its a fantastic match. 2 of the best worldwide.

PART 1: Watch NJPW Wrestle Kingdom 10 In Tokyo Dome Full Show Part 9

PART 2: Watch NJPW Wrestle Kingdom 10 In Tokyo Dome Full Show Part 10

That felt like the show that just wouldn't end. I liked the ladder match and the women's match.

The main event while technically not terrible just felt plodding. It didn't help that the crowd could not have cared less with the chants for NXT, Nakamura, Bayley, and Zayn. I think they were too tired by the end to really boo Reigns more.

A solid show overall but yeah. Nobody I was rooting for won but hey, fun show overall. Ridiculous spot by Shane mcmahon. Hope the guy isn't seriously hurt. Watching becky lynch and styles get screwed out of wins made me flip my ****.

5 on 5 Divas match was bad.
Andre the Giant Battle Royal was bad.
Kalisto vs Ryback was bad.
Usos vs Dudley was ok.
New Day entrance was awesome, outcome was terrible. Returning legends were cool.
Ladder match was great, but it should have been Owens or Zayn, they are a couple of years late to push Ryder.
Styles vs Jericho was ok, but Styles should have won. Jericho jobs to Fandango... but not Styles.
Divas... err... womens match was actually awesome. Enjoyed everything from it.
Lesnar vs Ambrose felt short, but was a fun match.
Shane vs Taker... called the spot, really fun match.
The Rock is garbage. Either wrestle a real match that is not for three seconds or GTFO.
Roman Reigns is terrible.

Some bad, some good, some bad booking, I enjoyed a good chunk though. Probably in the bottom half of worse Mania's ever though.

A solid show overall but yeah. Nobody I was rooting for won but hey, fun show overall. Ridiculous spot by Shane mcmahon. Hope the guy isn't seriously hurt. Watching becky lynch and styles get screwed out of wins made me flip my ****.

It was Sasha who should have won (hence the entrance/outfit/hype) and then she got screwed by Flair holding her back.

Ladder match was great, but it should have been Owens or Zayn, they are a couple of years late to push Ryder.

I bought Zayn winning for a second there. I agree the Ryder push is about 5 years late. However, I'm happy for the guy. I've actually been watching the C-Shows lately and he's a better worker today then he was back in '11 when he got his push.

The rest of the show just had way too many wrong people going over. Jericho is going on another sabbatical so beating AJ on the way out helps nothing.

Ambrose could have gotten a little more offense in on Brock or even the win which could have vaulted him higher.

What was the point of bringing Shane in to just lose? The jump from the top of the cell was just unnecessary too.

The Wyatts have been buried so deep it's comical.

John Cena probably should have kept the shirt on. The world didn't need to know yet that he was left in the dryer too long during his time away.

I thought the Rock bit was fun enough. If anyone can get away with crap like that it's him. I'm at the point where I really don't care at all about the wyatt family, thanks to the magnificent booking they've gotten lately. I kind of wish they'd just disappear, if only to kind of start fresh again at some point in the future, where they can maybe be relevant once again.

I bought Zayn winning for a second there. I agree the Ryder push is about 5 years late. However, I'm happy for the guy. I've actually been watching the C-Shows lately and he's a better worker today then he was back in '11 when he got his push.

I agree, I am happy for Ryder. His promo after the match really was great. Just odd that WWE didn't even hint at this. They should have had Owens cost Zayn the match to build towards a proper program between those two.

The rest of the show just had way too many wrong people going over. Jericho is going on another sabbatical so beating AJ on the way out helps nothing.

I agree. AJ should have won. Jericho puts Fandango over.

Sasha or Becky should have won (Sasha preferably). A new champion for a new belt.

New Day gets an awesome entrance, then they lose, then they are basically tossed aside by the legends.

Ambrose could have gotten a little more offense in on Brock or even the win which could have vaulted him higher.

I agree. Match ended quickly. Ambrose beating Brock would have been nice, but the guy who beats Brock will be THE GUY. So... of course it will be Roman.

What was the point of bringing Shane in to just lose? The jump from the top of the cell was just unnecessary too.

They booked themselves into a corner. Shane came back so his kids could see him wrestle at least once (hence him bringing them out, front row, etc...). They knew he would leave and knew they couldn't have Taker lose to Shane. So... it was literally a throw away match. Great match though.

The Wyatts have been buried so deep it's comical.

Yup. I wish Rock didn't even show up. Wyatts should have had a match of some sorts... not that burying.

Back