The Witcher netflix series

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
When it's Asian roles cast using Caucasian actors (The Last Airbender & Ghost in the Shell), no one bats an eye.

But as soon as it's a Caucasian role cast using anything other than a Caucasian, everyone loses their minds.

Talk about white people problems.

If we truly want to live in a society where skin color doesn't matter, this is where it starts.

"I'm not racist, but Ciri should be white" ... yeah, that doesn't make sense.

But really, it sounds like we don't want to treat each other as equals. And that's depressing.

Who cares?

The Poles?
But you're right, who cares if they cast the Witcher Series as all white actors....

When it's Asian roles cast using Caucasian actors (The Last Airbender & Ghost in the Shell), no one bats an eye.

But as soon as it's a Caucasian role cast using anything other than a Caucasian, everyone loses their minds.

:rotfl That is NOT how it went down in either case. People bitched about the casting for both. The controversy for '17 GITS, was enough to spark a boycott of the movie by idiots who don't understand the premise of the GITS universe where identity was immaterial, something you'd think they would embrace.
BTW, the Major's Shell was Caucasian in the '95 Anime.

Who cares?

Lotta People!

Talk about white people problems.

If we truly want to live in a society where skin color doesn't matter, this is where it starts.

"I'm not racist, but Ciri should be white" ... yeah, that doesn't make sense.

But really, it sounds like we don't want to treat each other as equals. And that's depressing.

Oh get out!
When you FORCE diversity it takes one out of the story. PERIOD! Nothing to do with race!

Dunno....a white character is white, especially if they describe them that way?

I guess I am a bit confused? Why cast a non white in a white character role? Are there no white actors to play those parts?

I mean should Black Panther be cast as a white guy? Ever? If you are gonna change the race of one character, then all should be up for grabs.

I have seen plenty of plays where a black man was cast in the traditional white role....”Gaston” in Beauty and the Beast on Broadway comes to mind....and he was fantastic....

He was the best for the role I guess, and they really played up the fact that he was NOT white, to good effect.

But clearly many members of the audience were not happy. Why? The expected to see the character represented as it always had....

I think thats the issue here is changing the character from what people expect from them.... there is nothing wrong with that. And its a huge risk.

Casting Idris as Roland in The Dark Tower was also a huge mistake (amoung many). Why? Because fans have read he was a Clint Eastwood like character for 9 books!!!

Change for the sake of change is not always good....

Sent from the inside of a giant slug in outer space.....

I thought Ciri was going to be cast as a black woman? :chase

vmpamefntpkfgnoimosk.png

Maybe the fan backlash made them re think it.
Those actresses are pretty young, is this “Witcher the teen years”?

I’m fine with Ciri being cast younger because she’s written as fairly young in the books. The actress playing Yennifer on the other hand does look a bit too young for the part.

Maybe the fan backlash made them re think it.
Those actresses are pretty young, is this “Witcher the teen years”?

Ciri's journey proper begins when she's around 13/14 in the books, and Yennefer uses magic to appear quite young.

Well in the first book Ciri hasn't even born yet. But I think it's a good cast. But Yen is supposed to be older, even she used magic to appear young, it's not that young as that actress. Early 30s look is the good choice.

Well in the first book Ciri hasn't even born yet. But I think it's a good cast. But Yen is supposed to be older, even she used magic to appear young, it's not that young as that actress. Early 30s look is the good choice.

The books say she has the body of a twenty year old, and the skin of a sixteen year old. Anya Chalotra is 22. I don't see where the issue is.

Most people know these characters from the video games and in that medium they look like fully developed women not adolescents.
Though they did briefly show Ciri as a teen if not younger in the opening dream sequence of Witcher 3

Most people know these characters from the video games and in that medium they look like fully developed women not adolescents.
Though they did briefly show Ciri as a teen if not younger in the opening dream sequence of Witcher 3

Yeah but this isn't based on the games. I dunno, I've just seen a lot of "THIS IS NOT HOW THE WITCHER SHOULD BE" outrage from people who don't have a clue what the **** they're talking about.

I think Grace needs to get a new hobby haha. I'm sorry that Cavill turned her down or whatever he did to her but she needs to stop using her YouTube platform to take pot shots at him and make unsubstantiated claims. When she wastes her time and ours doing this she comes across like a crazy ex rather than someone who has legitimate behind the scenes knowledge and contacts.

For my two cents I'm a fan of the books before the games and this version of Geralt works for me. The books span a long time across his career as a witcher so I'm sure he will pick up his trade mark facial scars and will have a beard etc as it goes along but he needs to look younger and fresher to start with. It's also a screen test so no confirmation this is his final look. I like Cavill and I'm sure that he was doing this to create some buzz for the show even though it is still some ways off from hitting the small screen. I wish the Dredd series could share some minor teasers like this to remind the fans that it's still going strong behind the scenes.

I think Grace needs to get a new hobby haha. I'm sorry that Cavill turned her down or whatever he did to her but she needs to stop using her YouTube platform to take pot shots at him and make unsubstantiated claims. When she wastes her time and ours doing this she comes across like a crazy ex rather than someone who has legitimate behind the scenes knowledge and contacts.

For my two cents I'm a fan of the books before the games and this version of Geralt works for me. The books span a long time across his career as a witcher so I'm sure he will pick up his trade mark facial scars and will have a beard etc as it goes along but he needs to look younger and fresher to start with. It's also a screen test so no confirmation this is his final look. I like Cavill and I'm sure that he was doing this to create some buzz for the show even though it is still some ways off from hitting the small screen. I wish the Dredd series could share some minor teasers like this to remind the fans that it's still going strong behind the scenes.

She's always throwing digs at Cavill and his acting, his management etc. He's not world class by any stretch but calling him flat out bad actor is a bit much.

Also:
Dq2VQscWwAArJHR

If you think this is bad then you should see how bitchy she is with anything Jessica Chastain related. She really is crazy. :lol

Back