The Witcher netflix series

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
821400E7-1B6F-46D4-B5B9-F3EA92920E65.jpeg

I couldn't get through 1/2 of the first episode. sloooooooooooow and un-engaging IMO but I may try to give it another chance

Interactive map of the shows events:
https://witchernetflix.com/en-gb

thank you for the link.

On the one hand, it's very cool they did this. On the other, if they hadn't made the timeline so confusing, a literal timeline would have not been needed.

And wtf? Stregobor is how old? Hundreds of years old? Ya think a magician that old could take out one little assassin girl. I think this timeline has been embellished a tad, but that's ok.

Last edited:
thank you for the link.

On the one hand, it's very cool they did this. On the other, if they hadn't made the timeline so confusing, a literal timeline would have not been needed.

And wtf? Stregobor is how old? Hundreds of years old? Ya think a magician that old could take out one little assassin girl. I think this timeline has been embellished a tad, but that's ok.

IIRC they did this to the timeline so that they can introduce Ciri along with the main characters. Ciri comes in late in the Witcher timeline, while Yennefer comes earlier (if you want to cover her origin the way the series did). They did this to avoid introducing Ciri late into Season 2, or even early Season 3.

I expect (hope) that Season 2 will be more straightforward with the timelines. We'll see.

The mages are supposed to be long-lived. I think Yennefer is close to 100 in the games, as is Geralt. The Netflix series happens earlier (so they are in their 70's I think). Ciri shows up as a child in the game, and later in her late teens/early 20s. So there is a large time gap there.

Stregobor, I'm not sure of his age. If Yennefer can look so young in her 100s, then Stregobor would be way older. Also, Renfri is supposedly resistant to Magic. So this mage probably couldn't kill her on a physical battle.

Was the timeline really that hard to figure out?

We see Geralt searching for a Striga for an old King Foltest in one episode and then in another episode we see Foltest as a young child with his sister. Clearly 2 different timelines there. There were quite a few hints at the timelines throughout the season, I thought they did a great job with it.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Dude, that would be awesome

Was the timeline really that hard to figure out?

We see Geralt searching for a Striga for an old King Foltest in one episode and then in another episode we see Foltest as a young child with his sister. Clearly 2 different timelines there. There were quite a few hints at the timelines throughout the season, I thought they did a great job with it.

I watched a bunch of reaction vids, and people were confused as hell for the first half of the season.

I didn't know we were time skipping until the queen arrived at the banquet in ep4... Then it was easy to see every scene with Geralt & Yen was a catch up to the present.

Got my sister to watch this, and she seems to have liked it. apparently, her friends has said, 'it's like GOT!' and she texted me that its 'nothing like GOT'

from a casual distance I can see some comparisons, but no, not like GOT

I'm gonna rewatch it soon. I loved the atmosphere. Where the hell are the figures? No one has foresight anymore to get stuff out in time for releases.

That, and the licensor are stingy. Baffling too since they gave W3 rights to ****ing Sideshow.

I'm gonna rewatch it soon. I loved the atmosphere. Where the hell are the figures? No one has foresight anymore to get stuff out in time for releases.

That, and the licensor are stingy. Baffling too since they gave W3 rights to ****ing Sideshow.

It does seem like the success of the show caught everyone off guard.. For fans' of the game: we are all like, 'yeah no **** its good'

Got my sister to watch this, and she seems to have liked it. apparently, her friends has said, 'it's like GOT!' and she texted me that its 'nothing like GOT'

from a casual distance I can see some comparisons, but no, not like GOT

Game of Thrones now seems to be the iPad of the violent, fictional historical action TV shows.. lol

The new Dark horse Statue line wave is really nice. I've been with it since the start and this round of releases is strides beyond what they started with. It's not the show design, but they're good releases all around.

If no company gets this licence hopefully a third party company starts making them.

Back