The way Return of the Jedi should have ended

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Along those lines, if nothing else, replace TPM Yoda. I thought the look of the TPM Yoda puppet was fine as it was supposed to be younger Yoda, but the transition to the ESB look for AOTC was so sudden, you're left thinking how in the hell does he go from TPM to this? AOTC should have been a hybrid of the TPM and ROTS look to make the TPM not look rediculous, but since they didn't go that root, now it looks silly.

Wasn't there a leaked video of actual test of that where Yoda looked great as CGI in TPM? I remember watching it not too long ago.

Wasn't there a leaked video of actual test of that where Yoda looked great as CGI in TPM? I remember watching it not too long ago.

I don't know if it was linked, I think maybe on one of the DVD's there is similar footage. I think it may have been part of a test developing him for AOTC or ROTS. I have seen it and it did look good. I'm not against puppets but the TPM's look was just so departed from the other 3 films it doesn't sit right. Use the AOTC CG design and call it a day, just NEVER, EVER, EVER, EVER touch Empire or Jedi.

pretty cool but i don't know I always felt so much emotion in the original without the flashbacks, even though it was just a slight turn of vader's head and the fact you can't see his face through his helmet...maybe it's because it allowed me to imprint my own ideas of what was going through his head.

I agree, the edit is cool but I prefer the original as you can feel Vader emotions just by looking at the scene in real time.

I don't know if it was linked, I think maybe on one of the DVD's there is similar footage. I think it may have been part of a test developing him for AOTC or ROTS. I have seen it and it did look good. I'm not against puppets but the TPM's look was just so departed from the other 3 films it doesn't sit right. Use the AOTC CG design and call it a day, just NEVER, EVER, EVER, EVER touch Empire or Jedi.

Yes there is a plan of adding the CGI Yoda to The Phantom Menace's next release... In HD maybe...

It's on the ROTS bonus disc. In the "Story of Anakin Skywalker" featurette there is some brief footage of the CG Yoda in place of the puppet when he's speaking to little Anakin before the Council.

ALL of the TPM Yoda footage was redone with the CGI model some time ago. In fact, it's the first thing Rob Coleman's team completed after they were done with their animation work on ROTS.

1) Replace Yoda in TPM
2) Replace Neimodian Jap-speak with alien language and subtitles
3) Restore Senate rebelion scenes in ROTS
4) Add Bail Organa and Palpatine to ANH
5) Remove Jedi Rocks from ROTJ and restore Lapti Nek
6) Add Qui-gon to Jedi Ghosts (after looks turns away)

:)

I like the idea of what the guy did in that youtube video, but ultimately I thinks it is overkill.

edit: oops 7) Add Qui-Gon's ghost speaking to Yoda in ROTS. :eek:

oops again.. 8) Restore Yoda landing on Dagobah to final montage in ROTS.

I liked the Phantom menace yoda puppet. It definitely made him look younger.
Unfortunately, it looked SO DRAMATICLY DIFFERENT from every other version of yoda, that he simply does not fit in well :(

I liked the Phantom menace yoda puppet. It definitely made him look younger.

I agree. He did look like a younger Yoda... with a mental disorder. :monkey3

And, pixle... :rock :rock :rock to your list!

Look, I'm as much a "Star Wars Purist" as they come. But here are the facts: Lucas tweaks, and the prequels are what they are. So why not have the entire 6-film saga be as cohesive as possible?? Afterall, we will ALWAYS have our untouched, pre-SE classic trilogy anyway. :lecture

Totally agree. I like the idea that a saga can continue to live and evolve. (so long as they don't include crap changes like Jedi Rocks). :chew

Yeah, TPM Yoda was bad, even when it first came out I felt he was pretty terrible looking. But then you see him in AOTC and it was painfully apparent. Which is funny that they really nailed the look in ESB, but years later and with more resources they couldn't get it right again. I guess thats part of the magic of film.

This also should have happened

jpicsova26eptjqh6a0hfq4.gif

I thought the editing was a bit hacky, especially Luke at the end. The scene is fine as is, but it would have made a great trailer for Sith. Like the Ben Kenobi teaser.

I agree. He did look like a younger Yoda... with a mental disorder. :monkey3

And, pixle... :rock :rock :rock to your list!

Look, I'm as much a "Star Wars Purist" as they come. But here are the facts: Lucas tweaks, and the prequels are what they are. So why not have the entire 6-film saga be as cohesive as possible?? Afterall, we will ALWAYS have our untouched, pre-SE classic trilogy anyway. :lecture

Exactly the more they blend together the better.

looks good to me.... of course Lucasfilm will blend it better and get it perfect looking.... so at the end of ROTS does darth maul's spirit appear behind vader and palpatine as they observe the future death star???:lol:lol

Back