Should Hayden Christensen entirely replace Sebastian Shaw in Return of the Jedi?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Should Hayden Christensen entirely replace Sebastian Shaw in Return of the Jedi?

• Hell no, leave the OT alone!

Votes: 41 53.2%
  • Yes, it keeps things consistent!

Votes: 20 26.0%
  • I really don’t care one way or another at this point

Votes: 16 20.8%

• Total voters
Had this thought after watching the finale of Obi-wan Kenobi last night. I already have mixed reactions to some of the tweaking to the OT over the years but thought this might be an interesting and perhaps polarizing question.

With Hayden’s return on Obi-Wan Kenobi, acceptance of him as Anakin Skywalker/Darth Vader is higher than ever before. Should Disney take the next step and have him replace Sebastian Shaw in Vader’s unmasking/death scene at the end of Return of the Jedi now? He already replaced Sebastian Shaw’s force ghost of Anakin, should they go all the way and remove Shaw entirely?
No, I think replacing earlier actors is wrong. They don't deserve to be erased like that. Who would be next, Sir Alec Guiness? Screw Disney if they do it.

See this I don’t agree with. To me that duel comes across very much like Vader is just toying with Obi-Wan. It doesn’t need to be flashy because it’s a personal battle and more a game of cat and mouse. Maybe not the intention of the time but I think it works as an explanation.
Yoda was hobbling around on a cane in the PT and bouncing around against Dooku. He was using the Force to do this. So, IMO, it would make sense for Obi-Wan to do the same and use the force to help him in his fight against Vader in ANH.
Or that he's being cautious. Obi-Wan beat him in their last fight - an accurate statement whether the Obi-Wan show is canon for you or not. And if the show is canon it means Vader lost twice.
Fair enough. I can see that.
Restore ROTJ with a de-aged ghost Sebastian, erase the PT, and replace Hayden with a de-aged Sebastian in Obi-Wan Kenobi.

:monkey3
:lol :lol :lol

lmfao this topic took me out
glad I gave up on SW years ago, so I don't bother at all about these things
it's just too many spin-offs to my taste, I can't even. I've always hated spin-offs, but the amount of SW spin-offs takes the cake, it's absurd.
it made me completely lose interest in the saga

to me, it'll always be the first 6-movie saga only, and that's it. nothing else.

They need to just go ahead and re-make the OT and get it over with.

I don't want it, but clearly they no longer care about making sure things fit within the established canon.

Didn't an original cut STAR WARS VHS just sell for quarter of a million dollars recently?

The millennials are choosing the "art" they want to display in their office already. CD and VHS covers all over the walls.
Good Lord, I've got a copy on VHS in mint condition upstairs!

Say one day it does happen, who do you cast for the remake?

As long as they keep Alden as Han and Ewan as Obi-Wan, I couldn't care less. I just couldn't stand them re-casting the roles again. Not that I thought Alden was fantastic or anything, I just want them to be consistent. I would really like to see a piece of entertainment that has a storyline and a plan and they stick with it through the end.

I can get $100 for original Cannibal Campout VHS lol
I have a penny, lint, some crumbs, and a bent paper clip I'll give ya.

Pocket+lint.jpg
:monkey3 :wink1: :lol

Nah not with all the money Elon musk is paying him to mod. Dude is making a killing. He could pay for 2 maybe 3 hot toys easily. 4 if he gets a bonus .
I do not get paid by Elom Mushk or whatever his name is...I get paid by Sith Lord Darth Bill Gates. :vader

I'm surprised Jye hasn't produced the photo evidence yet. :impatient:

Back