The Walking Dead - TV Series on AMC ( Comic and Un-aired Spoilers unwelcome!)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: The Walking Dead - TV Series on AMC

Maybe i haven't paid attention,and i won't bother reading through many pages,but how long was Rick in the hospital before he wake up?The Father with his son probably told him,but i can't remember.

They haven't said yet. People are assuming a month.

Which also makes perfect sense. He's also obviously someone she's known for awhile so it's safe to assume that a bond is going to form between the two rather quickly, post-apocalypse. I'm definitely off the "she's a whore" bandwagon

:rock :rock :rock

I remember the condition of the hospital very well, but what we see is its condition AFTER the zombie apocalyspe. Shane and Lori could have gone to the hospital soon after things first started going bad and the hospital would not have been in that condition.

The hospital was not close to Atlanta.

Mister Ski said:
I bet you Rick would have still gone into the city to reach Lori and Carl even if he knew about the zombies. If you saw the scenes for this week's episode, Rick says he is going back for his bag of guns and the redneck guy. So I think it is safe to say he would risk alot more for his wife and son.

He would, but he can. He is a better man than Shane.

Mister Ski said:
Everyone may or may not be having sex is just your assumption.

No it's not.

Mister Ski said:
So if what Lori and Shane are doing isn't wrong, then why hide it?

Because she's not a whore who has sex in front of everybody. :dunno

Mister Ski said:
Don't tell me that sex is the only way to keep your sanity in a situation like this.

I can bet you that the rednecks in the next episode aren't getting any. :lol

Mister Ski said:
Devil, it is clear that you and I see Lori through two very different sets of eyes. Let's just agree to disagree on this for now.

:duff

And I say again, you saw the hospital, there was no going into that.

Yup. While they were near the hospital, it would have been impossible to get anywhere near it. It wasn't until a month later, when they were hundreds of miles away that things calmed down enough for him to walk out the back door.

I can't even imagine what that place must have been like, that they had to bombard it, and still the entire military installment was wiped out. :horror

Rick's former partner must have told Rick's Wife and Kid that he's dead,she wouldn't jump on a different guy after just a few weeks not knowing about her husband's condition.

Ah, so if Lori isn't to blame then Shane is? I don't see how he can be any more guilty then she is... And remember, I'm not a reader of the comic line, so my point of view only stems from the two episodes so far. I know that Shane is later made out to be some kind of ass but we've yet to see that in the show. That being said, what's the difference? He's looking for support and love just like anyone would be in such bleak circumstances.

I don't blame Shane. Yet. We'll see how he deals with Rick's return. That'll be the moment of truth.

Yes, because you are way off base. So when a spouse thinks their significant other is dead they are never supposed to do anything but mourn because it will be called cheating? And I say again, you saw the hospital, there was no going into that. You are also saying that she should go with Shane and get Rick out, ok, where do you put Carl this whole time? You're not going to leave him alone while a zombie outbreak has occured, so obviuosly your saying that everyone's life should be risked so that your sense of self-rightousness can be preserved? That's just crazy to me.

I'm not being disresepctful of your opinion, as you've stated this is a good debate, but yourself and others want to characterize Lori as a whore and it is totally unfounded.

Counterpoint...
I never said "never" have sex with someone else so please stop reading something I have not posted. Nor have I said that Lori is a "whore". What I have said is that Lori sleeping with Shane 3-4 weeks after the presumed death of her husband is too soon for my tastes, especially considering there is plenty of "surviving" to do in that time like finding food, shelter, weapons, other survivors, etc. I have said that I cannot relate to Lori and her actions and do not have much of any sympathy for her at this point.

My hunch is that Shane is a scumbag and he probably did lie to Lori about Rick's supposed death. For all we know, Shane, Lori and Carl piled in a car and went to hospital to pick up Rick and Shane told Lori to stay in the car with Carl while he went to go get Rick and he came back and lied to her about Rick being dead. Something along those lines will help "redeem" Lori's character immensely. Hopefully we find out this week what really went down.

I am loving this show and all the discussions it has sparked! :rock

I can't ____ing wait!

Me neither! I've read the comics and it's been different enough that I don't know whats really going to happen........that's a good thing.

Counterpoint...
I never said "never" have sex with someone else so please stop reading something I have not posted. Nor have I said that Lori is a "whore". What I have said is that Lori sleeping with Shane 3-4 weeks after the presumed death of her husband is too soon for my tastes, especially considering there is plenty of "surviving" to do in that time like finding food, shelter, weapons, other survivors, etc. I have said that I cannot relate to Lori and her actions and do not have much of any sympathy for her at this point.

My hunch is that Shane is a scumbag and he probably did lie to Lori about Rick's supposed death. For all we know, Shane, Lori and Carl piled in a car and went to hospital to pick up Rick and Shane told Lori to stay in the car with Carl while he went to go get Rick and he came back and lied to her about Rick being dead. Something along those lines will help "redeem" Lori's character immensely. Hopefully we find out this week what really went down.

I am loving this show and all the discussions it has sparked! :rock

Now I didn't say you said any of those things, the questions are to find out what exactly you mean because the things you have said can make it seem as if you are characterizing Lori in a way that others have. It's all good though this much talk about a show after only two episodes is f'in awesome.

Oh, it goes off in his pants when Lori and he reunite and get down, thus ending the show. Kind of a weak ending......

On a different note, I preordered vol 13 today!

I ALMOST stopped by the comic shop on the way home yesterday... The only think that stopped me is the fact that my saver is full of Hellboy and Goon comics that I'd rather not spend money on right now... A couple of Walking Dead trades would have been awesome though.:(

Oh, it goes off in his pants when Lori and he reunite and get down, thus ending the show. Kind of a weak ending......

:panic::panic::panic: Spoiler alert!

I ALMOST stopped by the comic shop on the way home yesterday... The only think that stopped me is the fact that my saver is full of Hellboy and Goon comics that I'd rather not spend money on right now... A couple of Walking Dead trades would have been awesome though.:(

:panic::panic::panic: Spoiler alert!

You know you want to do it Rich!

Back