The Three Stooges Trailer

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
What's funny is most people complaining prolly haven't watched a Stooges short in 20 years. :lol

I have a few of the complete collections on DVD. I watch them from time to time. Although it's probably been about 3 months since the last time.

And to me Larry was the truly crazy one of the three. :cuckoo:

I'm not going to judge this by the one trailer, although I have to admit I laughed at the true standard Stooge bits, and groaned a few more times than I like at the rest. I've tried to get my kids to watch the old shows on occasion, and while they get why it's funny, it's just too dated for them to get into it. If this were done well, it could bring people back to the style of the Stooges, but it does have to be done well. The Farelly Brothers made one of my all time favorite comedies in Something About Mary...and then have never managed to do anything that funny again. I'm going in assuming it's a renter, at least.

My favorite is the one where they are plumbers and Curly ends up surrounded by piping. Another great one is the highclass pie fight episode.

"A Plumbing We Will Go" That's one of my favorites as well.

They still run the Stooges shorts on IFC and AMC, usually on saturday mornings.

I haven't seen it listed on AMC Saturday mornings in a while but yeah I catch them on IFC. I DVR'd like 10 hours of Stooges a couple years ago when AMC had a New Year's marathon. A cold beer and some stooges would be pretty good right now.

I'm not going to judge this by the one trailer, although I have to admit I laughed at the true standard Stooge bits, and groaned a few more times than I like at the rest. I've tried to get my kids to watch the old shows on occasion, and while they get why it's funny, it's just too dated for them to get into it. If this were done well, it could bring people back to the style of the Stooges, but it does have to be done well. The Farelly Brothers made one of my all time favorite comedies in Something About Mary...and then have never managed to do anything that funny again. I'm going in assuming it's a renter, at least.

Dated? I was born in '72 and it was technically pretty dated when I watched it as a kid. I do see your point though. Most shows for kids now are all flash and very little wit (although Sponge Bob is pretty funny for a kids show). I've gotten my six year-old son to watch The Stooges and he gets a kick out it. To me funny is funny however old it is.

if you don't know how to do the curly shuffle you aren't a true fan................:lecture

nyuck, nyuck, nyuck........:panic:

if you don't know how to do the curly shuffle you aren't a true fan................:lecture

nyuck, nyuck, nyuck........:panic:

[ame="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mBiHysKnvGs"]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mBiHysKnvGs[/ame]

i don't know I liked from the The Farelly Brothers:
Dumb and Dumber, Kingpin (this one was hilarious), There's Something About Mary,Me, Myself & Irene, Shallow Hal, Stuck on You,
I liked some parts of The Heartbreak Kid but it was okay...
so for the most part, i always seem to enjoy their movies
This might be the first movie from them I might truly hate, if is as bad as it seems,

What's funny is most people complaining prolly haven't watched a Stooges short in 20 years. :lol

I'm up all night so i sometimes tune into it on AMC in the middle of the night. I've thought about getting the DVDs but don't know how good they are. I love vintage comedy and vintage cartoons. Unfortunately all these remakes like this Stooges film or Get smart, Honeymooners, etc. never do the original justice and most of the time they miss the point entirely.

Looks pretty spot on to me. THought it was going to be a lot worse... :dunno ... I'll see this ...... on BluRay...

Curly by far was the best 3rd Stooge, especially considering that he wasn't the original 3rd stooge, Shemp was good but both were leaps and bounds better than any of the "Joes".

I haven't seen a Joe Besser short in ages. They must have those safely stored way, waaaay in the back of the vault.

Back