The Sideshow Freaks Random, Assorted Good News Thread!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

YankeesFanboy

Super Freak
Reaction score
If you have some good news and you feel like sharing, post it in this thread! This includes, but is not limited to, birthdays, births, adoptions, engagements, wedding announcements, anniversaries, promotions, graduations, reunions, homecomings, the returns of loved ones, healthy recoveries, etc.

I'll get things started. My brother just proposed to his girlfriend in California...she said yes! Congratulations! :clap

:fireworks :fireworks :fireworks

Lost my dad and grandmother to Cancer last year, but have two new family members in my life... a new niece and my cousin who had implications giving birth to a child, finally got to experience her first birthed child last month.

What a great concept of a thread! I love this. This isn't so much as "news" but I'm just happy to have found a place to share this hobby with my peers. Thanks to all of you who validate the hobby for me and make this fun. No matter how much or how little we interact, I appreciate you guys for making this fun.

Also good news, my first born will be here in 6 weeks:horror:yess:

Aw this is nice

Well, I've been invited to a Keystone Symposia conference :yess: the one I'm going to its a scientific conference about DNA Replication and recombination, I know it sounds really boring to the normal people but its a great oportunity for me :lol

Oh and its in the Whistler conference centre, British Columbia :panic:

whistler_conference_centre_at_dusk.jpg

What a great concept of a thread! I love this. This isn't so much as "news" but I'm just happy to have found a place to share this hobby with my peers. Thanks to all of you who validate the hobby for me and make this fun. No matter how much or how little we interact, I appreciate you guys for making this fun.

wow congratulations man! :clap does he/she has a name yet?

Last edited:
Lost my dad and grandmother to Cancer last year, but have two new family members in my life... a new niece and my cousin who had implications giving birth to a child, finally got to experience her first birthed child last month.

I know we've had a pretty rocky go of it here, but I'm sorry to hear about your losses. And congratulations to the new additions to your family. :duff

Congratulations dad-to-be! :clap

Aw this is nice

Well, I've been invited to a Keystone Symposia conference :yess: the one I'm going to its a scientific conference about DNA Replication and recombination, I know it sounds really boring to the normal people but its a great oportunity for me :lol

Oh and its in the Whistler conference centre, British Columbia :panic:

whistler_conference_centre_at_dusk.jpg

wow congratulations man! :clap does he/she has a name yet?

That's so cool, congratulations! :)

My youngest brother is in biotech and he went to Japan for a couple of weeks for work this past year! It just goes to show, those of us who were mediocre in math in school shall not enjoy cool work-related trips later on in life. :lecture

Back