The Resurrection (The Passion of the Christ sequel)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: The Passion of the Christ sequel

Hmm, I didn't realise The Passion is actually considered a legitimately good film on its own merits. I haven't seen it, or Apocalypto for that matter.

I can't comment on Passion as I'm religious, but from what I recall it was still a good film. As for Apocalypto, you should definitely give that one a go. It's equally as brutal, imo.

I'm not religious, saw it in the theater, and was pretty much mute by the time it was over. I own the blu-ray, but I haven't watched it since the first time.

Excellent story, well told.

Yeah, it's a powerful film. I saw it only once myself in the theater and haven't watched it again. I just felt overwhelmed after seeing it the 1st time and can't bring myself to see it again. I agree with you that it was an excellent story and well told. Gibson really did an amazing job filming it.

I can't comment on Passion as I'm religious, but from what I recall it was still a good film. As for Apocalypto, you should definitely give that one a go. It's equally as brutal, imo.

Honestly, I don't think it matters if you are religious or not when it comes to the Passion of the Christ. Jesus was tortured and crucified. This is that story. To get a feel of what he actually endured before his death is gut wrenching. Now matter how anyone feels about him in a religious context, this is a compelling story and movie. Most of of the people I know that watched it were moved by it in some form....either religiously or just as a fellow human being watching someone endure such suffering. This movie definitely left a mark on me.

I've always wanted to right a screen play called "Jesus Christ The First Zombie", I guess Mel Gibson beat me to it.
:monkey3
So you felt it was taken in the wrong direction and were hoping to correct its course?

I've always wanted to right a screen play called "Jesus Christ The First Zombie", I guess Mel Gibson beat me to it.

Lazarus would've been earlier. Christ also resurrected a couple others during His ministry, though I don't remember the order. I want to say there were a couple in the Book of Kings (maybe something by Elijah?) that would've been the first Biblical resurrections.

If you're going to be irreverent, at least get the content right ... I doubt that "Jesus Christ The Sixth Zombie, give or take" has the same ring to it.

SnakeDoc

Last edited:

Hmm, I didn't realise The Passion is actually considered a legitimately good film on its own merits. I haven't seen it, or Apocalypto for that matter.

you are really missing out.... that movie is so good

Has the story of Jesus restoring a demon possessed man (Legion) been done before? I don't recall seeing it anywhere it would be great to see it done by a skilled director like Gibson.

Has the story of Jesus restoring a demon possessed man (Legion) been done before? I don't recall seeing it anywhere it would be great to see it done by a skilled director like Gibson.

The closest thing I've seen is this scene from Jesus of Nazareth. By the way, best Jesus ever, imo.

i always found this interesting

R9h5T0a.png

https://www.theguardian.com/film/2011/may/03/jim-caviezel-passion-of-the-christ

In before the lock.

Yup, it's happening. I was dating a very religious person at the time, and we ended up at the theater when this came out. the amount of people crying was sickening to me, couldn't stand it. Amazing how a movie did that to a lot of individuals, but then again everyone is different.

This should be less gory though.

Interesting.. *clicks pen*

PsychologistWritingInNotepad.gif

I need to check out the DVD on Risen. :D

I might have to check that out myself. Watching a good faith based movie is like an getting an oil change for my soul.

Great movie, I found it to be light, but powerful as well. I think many enjoy this depiction of Jesus.

I'm waiting to see the movie "Risen", basically takes place after "The Passion"

Definitely watch it, pretty much what I would see it as, but there is much more about the Resurrection. "Risen" is more of the view of someone that wasn't in Jesus' inner circle.

Honestly, I don't think it matters if you are religious or not when it comes to the Passion of the Christ. Jesus was tortured and crucified. This is that story. To get a feel of what he actually endured before his death is gut wrenching. Now matter how anyone feels about him in a religious context, this is a compelling story and movie. Most of of the people I know that watched it were moved by it in some form....either religiously or just as a fellow human being watching someone endure such suffering. This movie definitely left a mark on me.

To be fair, religious people see the film in a different light opposed to someone not of that faith. I don't think I have met someone that saw "Passion of the Christ" without some reason or connection, whether once a faith believer, or someone of faith invited them or so on.

Lazarus would've been earlier. Christ also resurrected a couple others during His ministry, though I don't remember the order. I want to say there were a couple in the Book of Kings (maybe something by Elijah?) that would've been the first Biblical resurrections.

If you're going to be irreverent, at least get the content right ... I doubt that "Jesus Christ The Sixth Zombie, give or take" has the same ring to it.

SnakeDoc

:clap :clap

Spot on! :goodpost: +1

Add me to the list of those who love Apocalypto, a near masterpiece!

As for Passion, I normally avoid religious films like the plague (of locusts), but I will say its well made, but not something I managed to finish watching, as I also have a strong aversion to sadism/torture.

Last edited:

Add me to the list of those who love Apocalypto, a near masterpiece!

As for Passion, I normally avoid religious films like the plague (of locusts), but I will say its well made, but not something I managed to finish watching, as I also have a strong aversion to sadism/torture.

You might want to check out "The Passion Recut" then. A year after the theatrical Passion was released on DVD Mel re-released it with 5-6 minutes of gore/torture removed for those people who really wanted to see the film but just couldn't stomach the full version. I think the gut punch of the theatrical version is a more poignant experience with regard to trying to understand even slightly what he endured for each of us though. Especially since it technically wasn't graphic enough considering the Scriptures say that when he hung on the cross he wasn't recognizable as a man. And as bad as the beatings were in The Passion he was still recognizable as not only a man but Jim Caviezel. In reality he was basically hamburger meat hanging on that tree.

Last edited:

Some old news on this. Seems pretty intriguing that Gibson is attempting to explore Christ's possible relation to other worlds aside from Earth. It's something I've pondered about, myself.

https://realnewsrightnow.com/2016/01/mel-gibson-at-golden-globes-im-filming-passion-of-the-christ-2/

LOS ANGELES, Ca. – Speaking to reporters outside of the Beverly Hilton in Los Angeles, California today, American actor and producer Mel Gibson announced he has begun filming the follow-up to his controversial 2004 film, ‘The Passion of the Christ.’

The sixty year-old filmmaker explained the film’s premise to TMZ, saying, “This is the untold story of the life of Jesus Christ following his resurrection from the dead.” Gibson said the film begins with Christ’s arrival at the gates of Heaven following his crucifixion at the hands of the Jews and chronicles the Son of God’s life up to the present.

Using historic and religious texts, Gibson said he was able to put together a ‘plausible theory’ explaining what life might be like for a middle-aged Christ living in his father’s omnipotent shadow. “Christ didn’t only sacrifice himself for the sins of Christians living here on earth but for Christians living on other worlds all throughout the universe,” Gibson explained. “Try to imagine the psychological cost of traveling to millions -no, billions, of planets, and each time, dying so that others may live. It’s very humbling.”

Gibson said he originally wanted American actor James Franco to play the role of Jesus but according to a source with knowledge of the casting process, Mr. Franco “flat-out refused” to read the script. Gibson has since cast Signs co-star Joaquin Phoenix to portray Jesus Christ.

Mel Gibson is scheduled to present an award during the 73rd annual Golden Globe Awards tonight in downtown Los Angeles. ‘The Passion of the Christ 2’ is set to appear in theaters nationwide in the summer of 2017.

The Great Intergalactic Space Jesus.

Sounds great.

Seriously though, that's an interesting concept. And completely outside the Bible too, I don't believe that there's any passage in there that mentions alien life.

I can accept the first film as a historical drama given there is enough evidence or material in the bible documenting Jesus's life and death on earth a long time ago....but not in a galaxy far, far away...

This new Dr. Strange Jesus is pure fantasy, which is not a bad thing, but it seems wrong,imo.

:monkey3

Back