Statue The pitfalls of being an International Collector

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

V8_Club

Super Freak
Reaction score
Got a call from the Postman today to pick up my latest statue. Gouken vs Akuma from PCS . I pick him up and then go about my day. Reach home after a long day at work and pick up the package from the car. What do I hear... the dreaded rattling... so I open up the package and my worst fears come true .

uploadfromtaptalk1400521267408.jpg

The odd bit is this , I found three pieces in the box . Glued them back on but he still isn't complete

uploadfromtaptalk1400521329047.jpg

Now the box didn't appear to have been opened before . Customs usually affix a customs sticker on if they open it. So unless this was opened by the retailer I got it from it looks like some disgruntled chinese dude just screwed me out of $375 .

I attached Gouki and from this angle the statue "looks" fine

uploadfromtaptalk1400521466625.jpg

But im not sure about the long term viability . Will it hold the weight ? It doesn't look like it tbh. Trying to return it will cost me almost the same as shipping from here isn't cheap.

Oh well ... just wanted to vent. Thanks for reading.

This is more of a problem with the statue itself.
All of the problems I have seen are all of the same area being damaged.

Numerous problems on this statue I have seen being reported. PCS even confirmed that they were seeing higher than average complaints / returns on this guy.

Maybe head over to StatueForums and post in the PCS section, maybe they can help...dunno.
https://www.statueforum.com/showthread.php?t=131154

You get this through PCS or another retailer?
If another retailer, PCS can not help sadly.

I got it through SC actually . Shane is already working on it. Sent him the pics. Unfortunately when using USPS for international shipping getting an insurance claim settled is a nightmare.

So others have faced problems too ? I've been inspecting him and honestly it looks like poor design /packaging. The material also looks warped . But I'm pretty sure this was packed broken and sent stateside. BTW this is a resin statue not polystone. Maybe thats the reason ?

As for the "reason", I have not clue.

But for "others facing the problem", if you go through the later half of that thread I linked, you should be able to find quiet a few images of the same types of damage.

Seems this was either poorly designed or poorly constructed...or maybe both. With that, the number of these that survived "might" make this piece worth more. So might be best at this point to just try to get the arm rebuilt/fixed. I dunno. Sadly I can admit, I am glad I skipped on this piece in order to grab a Pilgrim of Gouken. Aside from the reported problems, scale of this piece just did not to it for me.

Hi Guys , just got word from SC that they will replace the item and cover shipping costs back ! Will keep you posted.

Ok update , shipping the statue back is going to cost $230 which is a bit crazy . SC offered a partial refund of $50 which I refused tbh. I'm going to try and find someone who is heading stateside to take it with them . What do you suggest guys ?

Frankly...try to get it repaired / rebuilt. No promise the next one will come perfect.
I would assume that amount / type of repair would be less than 230.

Is SC Secret Compass?

Pop Culture Shock actually stopped shipping these internationally because of the problem with Goukens arm, basically pretty much every single on them arrived broken in the same place, including the one i had. Because i bought direct from PCS they gave me a full refund and a full shipping refund and i had to destroy the statue, which is what Sideshow also usually request.

I know a few made it to the UK in one piece, there was one sold on Ebay UK a few weeks back for £200.

Secret Compass really shouldn't have sent it out and should have checked it really before sending, they should really refund you on shipping it back also or just completely refund you, as the statue is pretty much ****ed and there are no more replacements from PCS themselves.

Oh and $50 is a joke as a partial refund. Make them cover shipping back and give you a full refund including shipping costs.

Yep SC is Secret Compass. I was thinking the Sideshow policy is ideal. Send me a replacement and I will destroy the one in hand with proof. $50 was really surprising. I mean shipping to me alone was $75. Unfortunately no way this can be reparied due to missing parts . Also because I'm international I don't have access to people who can repair it.

Back