The perfect body for Chewbacca?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
That's an awful lot of coin to pick him up only to be butchered though.

Yeah that's why I was wondering if all the DC direct bodies were the same size. Dont really want to spend $40 (that's what I saw some on ebay going for) just for the body. Figured if all DC bodies were the same size I had a better chance of finding one for cheap. That Sinestro seems like a good height for Chewie though...in relation to Han at least. So I dont think I would really need to modify the body.
Might just cut up a couple of old Sideshow bodies to the height I need. idk.

Yeah that's why I was wondering if all the DC direct bodies were the same size. Dont really want to spend $40 (that's what I saw some on ebay going for) just for the body. Figured if all DC bodies were the same size I had a better chance of finding one for cheap. That Sinestro seems like a good height for Chewie though...in relation to Han at least. So I dont think I would really need to modify the body.
Might just cut up a couple of old Sideshow bodies to the height I need. idk.

The Kanamit goes for around $25-$30 or so, about the price you'd pay for a bare body anyways. Might wanna just keep an eye out for him.

There are a few DC DIRECT complete figures for £17.00 thats roughly $25.00 so i was wondering if i should do that to. Its the Mr Manhatten from Watchmen but i would have to sand him down, way to muscley for chewie.

The Sinestro seems it would work nicely because he's pretty lanky like Chewie. Dont want to spend $40 just for the body though. I'll keep an eye out for the Kanamit though....just have to score a couple of furry Chewies now...

It's not so much the body as the fur that you're going to use... Yes, the body has to be lanky to avoid the bulkiness but if the fur isn't the right kind then no matter what body you use (thin or not) he'll still turn out too bulky.

It's not so much the body as the fur that you're going to use... Yes, the body has to be lanky to avoid the bulkiness but if the fur isn't the right kind then no matter what body you use (thin or not) he'll still turn out too bulky.

True. Was just going to use the fur from a couple of the furry Chewbaccas and cut, reattach it/ reform it to the taller body. Hopefully I can find a kanamit for cheap, if not I'll just modify something myself.

True. Was just going to use the fur from a couple of the furry Chewbaccas and cut, reattach it/ reform it to the taller body. Hopefully I can find a kanamit for cheap, if not I'll just modify something myself.

I've got two of those furry Chewies (and a Kanamit body to use) but the fur is really not ideal. There has to be a better doll/teddy bear fur out there. I also bought some teddy bear fur kits from Wal-Mart but when I last took a look at my project it was still trial and error...

I've got two of those furry Chewies (and a Kanamit body to use) but the fur is really not ideal. There has to be a better doll/teddy bear fur out there. I also bought some teddy bear fur kits from Wal-Mart but when I last took a look at my project it was still trial and error...

Is the fur really thick or what? Sucks.. I just bought two of these guys...they were good deals though. Oh well, sure I can use them for something.

Not sure if it's already been suggested, but for hair you can use Crepe Hair. It's inexpensive and easy to work with. You can blend it easily too.

Here's a site that sells it (I've never ordered from them, just providing the link for anyone who may be unfamiliar with the stuff):
https://www.mehron.com/Crepe_Hair_p/120.htm

Sean

Last edited:
Has anyone come up with ideas for the body besides the Kanamit with is still too short. He has to be a head height above Vader and SS Vader is 14"

The problem is that as cool as he is the SS Vader is too tall to begin with. StarWars.com list stormies as 1.83m tall, Vader as 2.02 and Chewie as 2.28. That's means about an inch difference for each in 1/6 scale. So SS Vader is actually an inch taller than he should be. Makes it tough to get the scale right now no matter what you do. Unless you get Hurc's Vader which is the correct height.

Back