The officially unofficial Grey Hulk thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
lcummins said:
Hear! Hear! I have actually commissioned a couple of paintings in the past!

I have a few Tony Perna originals. The one off i'm talking about is a Bullseye FS to match the Bowen line.

Just saw this posted over at SF

What would have been nice if they were dead set on having only 50 made was have them inserted randomly. So lets say that there are 500 exclusive versions (with the blinking light), 50 of them would be gray, 450 would green. You would not know what you got until the product actually shipped so as to discourage people from ordering and cancelling. That way there is some chance involved and would be fair for all.

Actually, I wouldn't mind seeing some future small exclusives handled this way. The drawback I have really seen with chace figures like this has been some dealers (not all :D) pulling the chase figures to sell higher on the secondary market. But in the case of SS, you can only get the exclusives by ordering direct so that shouldn't be a problem.

I really liked the way HH did this with the Silver Surfer. They inserted 12 autographed pieces and 1 chrome piece.

I know this will open up another can of worms, but I kind of like the idea. :angelsmil

oxbeard said:
Just saw this posted over at SF

Actually, I wouldn't mind seeing some future small exclusives handled this way. The drawback I have really seen with chace figures like this has been some dealers (not all :D) pulling the chase figures to sell higher on the secondary market. But in the case of SS, you can only get the exclusives by ordering direct so that shouldn't be a problem.

I really liked the way HH did this with the Silver Surfer. They inserted 12 autographed pieces and 1 chrome piece.

I know this will open up another can of worms, but I kind of like the idea. :angelsmil

But Ox, if you wanted to get both a green and a gray there would be no way to do it this way without going to the secondary market.

lcummins said:
But Ox, if you wanted to get both a green and a gray there would be no way to do it this way without going to the secondary market.

True, but there are going to be drawbacks to any plan. And I'm not saying this should be the only way to do this either. For some reason, I just like the idea as an alternative or occasional change.

I love what SS did with this piece, and this is coming from someone who doesn't have a Grey Hulk on order. I don't like the idea of random exclusives at all. Let the people who ordered first get the piece.

This is sort of like the "random winners" in the SS chats. I used to always win stuff since I knew the answers to the questions, but now anybody with Google can answer them. I guess I'm someone who thinks that people should "earn" something from their own merits instead of randomly winning it.

BTW, I can't believe anyone would trade a Predator Exclusive for a Grey Hulk! Although, I don't think the Predator maquette will go up in value, and will possibly even drop. No way does it reach $2k, especially with the larger Cinemaquette waiting in the wings at that price point.

The Grey Hulk doesn't even look good, IMO. The main people that want one are the ones that have an obsessive/compulsive desire to own everything by SS.

The other thing to consider if they did randomly give out 50 Hulks out of a 500 edition, you may have people complaining they didn't want the Gray version...the way they did it was fine in my opinion. First come-First Serve and we had a choice which version we wanted.

Bottom Line: You can't please everybody.

I missed out on all 3 Star Wars 12" Exclusives, yes it sucked. I got the Gray Hulk and Spidey which makes up for it to me, but, still it's just the nature of the beast. Not everyone is going to be able to get everything especially when we consider that some of these pieces are very, very limited ie: Gray Hulk and Spider-Man....

elwood49 said:
The main people that want one are the ones that have an obsessive/compulsive desire to own everything by SS.

I'm sure an edition size of 50 has some peoples' interests peeked as well.

:peace

Agent23 said:
I'm sure an edition size of 50 has some peoples' interests peeked as well.

:peace

Right, but I meant in the aftermarket. I bet at least half of the people who ordered it did so to sell it, and it's probably a higher percentage than that.

What I meant was the people that will undoubtably pay $1,000 just to have some Grey paint on Hulk's skin are doing so to have a complete collection.

lcummins, I didn't mean to single you out in particular. I know you basically have the entire 1/4 collection, which is awesome. I'm sure once you have them all, it's hard to go without one or two of them.

My problem is I never remember an item going up for order on a thursday, I'm so used to the Friday order day and I think it used to be Saturday morning before all the changes. If it went up on Friday at 10 PST I would have gotten it, because I ordered the Hulk before the Aragorn. So my feelings are it should of went up today at 10 PST no announcement just when you click on the preorder for hulk options come up for green/grey.

And why I also thinks its a good idea to have multiple items go on sale at the same time it would rid of some scalpers, you would have to choose which you one you want, Aragorn, Hulk etc. and hopefully one sells out before you can order the other.

One more thing since Sideshow is affraid of Scalpers, for each edition Number write the owners name down, then if one goes on ebay you can trace the owner and make his account not be able to order exclusive, too harsh though. But its a way to keep track.

Monster said:
One more thing since Sideshow is affraid of Scalpers, for each edition Number write the owners name down, then if one goes on ebay you can trace the owner and make his account not be able to order exclusive, too harsh though. But its a way to keep track.

They give them out at random. So that would just make more work for SS.

Monster said:

Now THAT is funny. SS is not going to police what you decide to do with your items once they are yours.

Oh, Noooooo. I here Sirens. Its not the cops its the Sideshow police, hide the statues.
"Did someone put a limited edition Statues on ebay",
"it was me I'm so sorry".
"Sideshow police the criminal is right here, take this dirty rotten sclalper away".

Monster said:
Oh, Noooooo. I here Sirens. Its not the cops its the Sideshow police, hide the statues.
"Sideshow police the criminal is right here, take this dirty rotten sclalper away".

All people would have to do is not say that the number is in the auction description. Then how would they know?

Monster said:

A little later at the station:
Sideshow: "So, did you know that by scalping, we can lock your Sideshow account?"
Criminal: "But, I didn't plan to sell it until half-way through the ordering process...doesn't that make me a flipper and not a scalper per your reasoning? I mean, when I started the purchase, I had intended to keep it, but it appreciated too much by the time I got to the confirmation page..."
Sideshow: "hmmmm...good point, you must be one of our loyal customers; we apologize."
Sideshow: "BTW, can you umm...up your buy-it-now price, we need as much publicity as we can get before we up the ES for the next couple of runs..."

Last edited:
daelith said:
A little later at the station:
Sideshow: "So, did you know that by scalping, we can lock your Sideshow account?"
Criminal: "But, I didn't plan to sell it until half-way through the ordering process...doesn't that make me a flipper and not a scalper per your reasoning? I mean, when I started the purchase, I had intended to keep it, but it appreciated too much by the time I got to the confirmation page..."
Sideshow: "hmmmm...good point, you must be one of our loyal customers; we apologize."
Sideshow: "BTW, can you umm...up your buy-it-now price, we need as much publicity as we can get before we up the ES for the next couple of runs..."

For as much **** as you talk about SS and its products why do you buy them?

Because I am the anti-Josh of Sideshow products. For everything they do wrong, or I perceive as wrong, I nitpick and raise a ruckus. Unlike you Josh, I don't let things slide. If we were all like you and no one complained...do you think we would get fixes? As a sideshow customer, I have just as much a right to ***** and complain when things go wrong as you have of defending them when it happens. If a bunch of us didn't raise issues with their paint jobs (ie. Boromir, Theoden, Helm's Deep, Golden Hall, etc.), do you think they would've implemented the QC process?

As for bitching, this is the FIRST time I've bitched about their Marvel products. I said on another board that the Hulk vs Spidey was out of scale; however, I also mentioned it wasn't critical. AND I also mentioned that I thought WvS and Sentinels were awesome. And because, of that, I ordered the Green exclusive--but I'm still furious about the Grey ordeal. So lemme ask you, what Marvel orders do you have coming?

Now, let me add, don't you think it strange that, as loyal as the Marvel supporters are--how come we didn't get this extra special treatment for the LOTR line? I've spent oodles more cash on LOTR and have yet to see this type of "reward" for our loyalty.

Last edited:
daelith said:
Because I am the anti-Josh of Sideshow products. For everything they do wrong, or I perceive as wrong, I nitpick and raise a ruckus. Unlike you Josh, I don't let things slide. If we were all like you and no one complained...do you think we would get fixes? As a sideshow customer, I have just as much a right to ***** and complain when things go wrong as you have of defending them when it happens. If a bunch of us didn't raise issues with their paint jobs (ie. Boromir, Theoden, Helm's Deep, Golden Hall, etc.), do you think they would've implemented the QC process?

As for bitching, this is the FIRST time I've bitched about their Marvel products. I said on another board that the Hulk vs Spidey was out of scale; however, I also mentioned it wasn't critical. AND I also mentioned that I thought WvS and Sentinels were awesome. And because, of that, I ordered the Green exclusive--but I'm still furious about the Grey ordeal. So lemme ask you, what Marvel orders do you have coming?

Now, let me add, don't you think it strange that, as loyal as the Marvel supporters are--how come we didn't get this extra special treatment for the LOTR line? I've spent oodles more cash on LOTR and have yet to see this type of "reward" for our loyalty.

Sure you did asked for a Peter Jackson statue recieved a Peter Jackson statue, asked for a Mumak got a Mumak. What about the Witch King Crown?

Back