the OFFICIALLY sanctioned Spooktacular thread! All other threads bow before me!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
xerotolerence said:
Congratulations Kenbenobi.:joy
Thanks Xero and Swabie! I really wasn't expecting it. I was actually impressed with a lot of the pictures in there... The other 2 picture winners definitely deserved it much more than I!

Re: My Fellow Freaks!!!! Guess what????

Zoomaround said:
I believe I won the thrid runner-up prize of a 12" Freddy... Unless someone else used the same intro of "Nobody makes me scream like Freddy."

But then again, my name is spelled Frances, not Francis so you never know.
Unless you spelled it on the phone, they'd never know. So congrats on your win! I'm confident it was you...

According to some Spook was lame because SS didn't give away stuff they wanted or announced the products they wants. BFD! It was fun to just participate and look. Some people(boards) need to lighten up.:rolleyes:

i had a great time during spooktacular, i got a bunch of freebies and a few great deals. i was waiting for a michael myers pf, but that just makes it much sweeter if and when it finally gets announced

jlcmsu said:
According to some Spook was lame because SS didn't give away stuff they wanted or announced the products they wants. BFD! It was fun to just participate and look. Some people(boards) need to lighten up.:rolleyes:
I think the problem was that Spooktacular was a new experience for a lot of folks and they were expecting huge Toyfair/SDCC type announcements and didn't realize that it's just meant to be a fun little event for the fans to maybe win something in a contest or pick up some older stock on discount. I also think some of those folks need to start acting their age and not their shoe size.

jlcmsu said:
I know just what you mean, Josh. There's a lot of complaining going on, and none of it is justified. People build up a set of assumptions about what they think is going to happen, and when it doesn't happen exactly as they imagined it, they blame Sideshow. Go figure.

The only disappointing thing for me this year was that we didn't have as many opportunities to chat with some of the behind-the-scenes folks as we've had in previous events. I always find those very interesting and enlightening.

jlcmsu said:

I totally agree.

TheObsoleteMan said:
I think the problem was that Spooktacular was a new experience for a lot of folks and they were expecting huge Toyfair/SDCC type announcements and didn't realize that it's just meant to be a fun little event for the fans to maybe win something in a contest or pick up some older stock on discount. I also think some of those folks need to start acting their age and not their shoe size.

Probably True. It's meant as fun and that's how I go at it. I didn't win nothing but I don't care it was fun keeping up with things.

RoboDad said:
I know just what you mean, Josh. There's a lot of complaining going on, and none of it is justified. People build up a set of assumptions about what they think is going to happen, and when it doesn't happen exactly as they imagined it, they blame Sideshow. Go figure.

I agree Robo. I think people made Spook up more than they should have but it happens.

RoboDad said:
The only disappointing thing for me this year was that we didn't have as many opportunities to chat with some of the behind-the-scenes folks as we've had in previous events. I always find those very interesting and enlightening.

I would have liked that as well. Since I could at least read what happened since couldn't be in chat because of my activities.

RoboDad said:

I definitely agree.....Also, in previous years sideshow staff hung out in the chat rooms primarily and announced contests and giveaways there. Most of the excitement would be in chat, but SS is growing and time is at a premium.

Man I thought I was going to win for originality for my favorite pieces pic but I didnt.........they picked pictures of people standing in front of shelves.......Oh well I have to just take a normal pic next year in front of statues and shelves instead of something a little different. Maybe it was because of the size of the statues?? Or maybe the pic is just weak and in my mind its a good one:rotfl .............oh well only 363 days to go for Spooktacular 2007...........hahahahahahaha

spook1.JPG

Kenbenobi said:
Unless you spelled it on the phone, they'd never know. So congrats on your win! I'm confident it was you...

Dusty was kind enough to PM me with the good news. I am the winner of the 12"Freddy. She was also kind enough to correct the spelling of my name. As always, Dusty to the rescue.

Thanks Dusty.

Titan7170 said:
Man I thought I was going to win for originality for my favorite pieces pic but I didnt.........they picked pictures of people standing in front of shelves.......Oh well I have to just take a normal pic next year in front of statues and shelves instead of something a little different. Maybe it was because of the size of the statues?? Or maybe the pic is just weak and in my mind its a good one:rotfl .............oh well only 363 days to go for Spooktacular 2007...........hahahahahahaha

spook1.JPG

OMG! I didn't know Johnny Damon was a FREAK too!!!

J/K, very nice photoshopping.

Titan7170 said:
Man I thought I was going to win for originality for my favorite pieces pic but I didnt.........they picked pictures of people standing in front of shelves.......Oh well I have to just take a normal pic next year in front of statues and shelves instead of something a little different.

I liked your photo! Maybe next year you can put yourself on the shelf as a statue with your Sideshow pieces. I think that'd be funny as well. Pictures of people in front of shelves is boring in my opinion.

Zoomaround said:
I believe I won the thrid runner-up prize of a 12" Freddy... Unless someone else used the same intro of "Nobody makes me scream like Freddy."

But then again, my name is spelled Frances, not Francis so you never know.

Did you get your email from Dusty yet? I gots mine!!! I won me a Hunchback. Woo Hoo! Its confirmed.:chew :chew :chew :chew :chew

Anton Phibes said:
Did you get your email from Dusty yet? I gots mine!!! I won me a Hunchback. Woo Hoo! Its confirmed.:chew :chew :chew :chew :chew

I received my confirmation e-mail about an hour ago. Freddy is mine and all I had to do is SCREAM for him.

:D

Darth Waller said:
I liked your photo! Maybe next year you can put yourself on the shelf as a statue with your Sideshow pieces. I think that'd be funny as well. Pictures of people in front of shelves is boring in my opinion.

Thanks, actually I was going to do one with me at 1/4 scale chillin on the couch with some other statues with 1/4 scale bowls of popcorn in front of all of us.....but I didnt have enough time cause I started an hour or 2 before midnite PST:monkey2 I also had an Idea of doing me and all of the statues at the dinner table.

Darth Loki, Who is Johnny Damon??......Thanks for the Positive on the pic!:D

Never mind Johnny Damon the Baseball player.....hehehe yes there seems to be some resemblance

Last edited:
Titan7170 said:

spook1.JPG

Oh I LOVED that pic!!! But I was not in charge of picking :( (I would have picked you though, if I were - very creative!). And to whoever thought of putting themselves on the shelf with their figures - that's really cool too! I also really liked the one with the Reign of Fire dragon blowing flames and lighting the girl's cigarette! :lol I guess the Mistress liked the ones that were picked because they had lots of stuff.

SideshowDusty said:
Oh I LOVED that pic!!! But I was not in charge of picking :( (I would have picked you though, if I were - very creative!). And to whoever thought of putting themselves on the shelf with their figures - that's really cool too! I also really liked the one with the Reign of Fire dragon blowing flames and lighting the girl's cigarette! :lol I guess the Mistress liked the ones that were picked because they had lots of stuff.

Hey thanks for acknowleging the pic, I wish you were in charge of choosing :lol , yea I saw that Reign of Fire pic and actually thought that might be competition for me:D ........very creative. I noticed that mistress choices just had tons of statues in them but I remember it said with your favorite pieces or piece and that it didnt matter the amount in the pic. Anyway it was fun making the pic and theres always next year:cool:

Back