The Official T-800 Comparison Thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Your wife is in need of correction Skull! See to it good man, see to it!

:rotfl I'll teach her to have a mind of her own, next thing you know she will want me to do the dishes............that will never happen, thats womans work I tells ya:pfft:

Last edited:
Arnold looks wired during that scene like he's on 100%, ready to go. The MMS 117 is a rough, smoking, war vet, barrel chested version with a small squashed head and the DX 10 is a weird eyed young man filled with hopelessness and boredom.
LOL

You make a good point about the look in the eyes. I think that is a big part of why I don't feel compelled to upgrade my MMS sculpt. Both likenesses are flawed, though I think the DX has a more Arnold-type face. Clearly something is wrong there, though (beyond just looking too young), and you may sum it up pretty well in the part I quoted.

1/4 canvas is too good. It's not right to compare 1/4 to 1/6 but EB is in 1/4 land. EB making real good use of all the extra space to sculpt.

4k9dO.jpg

^ Yeah, the EB 1/4 head is virtually spot on.

Still, the HT one is what I'll be getting, not only will it nevertheless look amazing in hand, but it's the better buy of the two (for my money), & I have no interest in 1/4 scale anyway.

At some angles it looks like the EB Arnold was crying :lol

Though we're continuing to compare a production piece to a prototype the EB is indeed the more impressive sculpt. That's without question imo.

This was originally posted by member intothevoid in a different thread:

135286_390451524362757_318821657_o.jpg

Do you guys think HT will paint the endo skull differently for retail? It's WAY dark. The damage on the upper part of his head looks less like there is a skull there, more like a masive, black hole.

a-dev,

Thank you for taking the time to photograph these figures within their respective environments. That really IS going above and beyond. Though not a new collector, I'm fairly new to this particular board (as a poster anyway). I'm sure that this information is particularly valuable to new collectors still on fence, as to which purchase to make, in terms of the MMS117 or the DX10. Clearly the DX10 better represents the scenes that you've chosen. I own them all. Though, like many, I also see admirable attributes within the MMS. None the less, you've made an very accurate comparison, proving your point! Thanks again!

Last edited:
a-dev,

Thank you for taking the time to photograph these figures within their respective environments. That really IS going above and beyond. Though not a new collector, I'm fairly new to this particular board (as a poster anyway). I'm sure that this information is particularly valuable to new collectors still on fence, as to which purchase to make, in terms of the MMS117 or the DX10. Clearly the DX10 better represents the scenes that you've chosen. I own them all. Though, like many, I also see admirable attributes within the MMS. None the less, you've made an very accurate comparison, proving your point! Thanks again!

Thanks, I'm glad you liked. I'm thinking I'll lay off the comparisons now though, I don't want to start p!$$ing people off. As The Skull said yesterday people should be free to like what they like. Ultimately it matters not a jot as long we all have something we're happy with, or mostly happy with.

Thanks, I'm glad you liked. I'm thinking I'll lay off the comparisons now though, I don't want to start p!$$ing people off. As The Skull said yesterday people should be free to like what they like. Ultimately it matters not a jot as long we all have something we're happy with, or mostly happy with.

Correct :duff

Re: T-800 Recommendations

Last edited:

a-dev,

People have ALWAYS been free to "like what they like". I just sincerely appreciate the EXTRA effort that you've always put into your comparisons of all things Terminator! Though I do not consider myself ignorant on the issue, I work a lot, and truly appreciate those that have more time then myself to present these particular issues to the forum. I truly believe that this information is very valuable, not only to those collectors that are still "on the fence" but also to the seasoned collectors!

Thanks again!

a-dev,

People have ALWAYS been free to "like what they like". I just sincerely appreciate the EXTRA effort that you've always put into your comparisons of all things Terminator! Though I do not consider myself ignorant on the issue, I work a lot, and truly appreciate those that have more time then myself to present these particular issues to the forum. I truly believe that this information is very valuable, not only to those collectors that are still "on the fence" but also to the seasoned collectors!

Thanks again!

That was very nice of you to say, thanks a lot. And friend request accepted you may have noticed :)

Nice comparisons. I agree with this post..

If Yuli somehow smashed the two together, gave the DX 10 the MMS 117's no nonsense expression and the PERS disappeared, it'd be the best 1/6 sculpt yet. DX 10 has the better likeness, from what I can tell, while the MMS 117 has the better detail/face realism. It looks less like a plasticy soft toy and more like a carved piece of stone.

Neither look like him really. Not from that movie. I just can't see past the "toyness" of the DX10. I imagine it must look better in hand. It doesn't seem to photograph well.

Nice comparisons. I agree with this post..

Neither look like him really. Not from that movie. I just can't see past the "toyness" of the DX10. I imagine it must look better in hand. It doesn't seem to photograph well.

Like Rorywan I'm now finding myself cursing the 'softness' he went on about. New sculpts are definitely smoother and shinier, skin detail has decreased. For ages I didn't have a clue what he was talking about but there was a period there where I didn't get any new HT figures and DX10 was my first in quite a while so only then did I notice it. While PERS can have a cartoonifying effect matters aren't helped by this new reduction in surface detail.

Where is Roryway anyway?

Having said all this, theres plenty to redeem DX10 in my book. Its issues are ''lesser evils'' than the issues of MMS117 to me.

Last time I saw him in the Luke thread. I always agreed with his points. I couldn't see it as clearly before but the DX10 really is a perfect example of his argument. It didn't really bother me that much but the PERS adds another layer which I think why this figure stands out more than his other examples.

I don't think the warmer skin tone's help with the texture either. The colder MMS paint app seems to bring out the lines better. Although that sculpt does seem to be crafted better over all (likeness aside).

The EB figure seems to have hit the right tone and texture although not a fair comparison in the end.

the DX10 is no less worse than the EB sculpt

You must be joking right?! The EB sculpt is about as close as you can get on a Toy IMO. I can't imagine it getting better. (or are you talking about the clean EB scultp?)

Back