The Official Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 Thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Nice I am gonna see if GS puts this up for order and then I will just switch my order over to the prestige edition.

gamestop have standard and hardened now listed but no prestige

i'd get an order in now and cancel later if gs gets them

these will be limited

Is anyone else having trouble connecting to Infinity Wards forums? I can get the main page, but the blog and the forums won't come up, and this has been the last couple of days for me.

:lecture

If you two idiots are getting the prestige, then it's the regular for me :lol

On a serious note, there is no need for "toy" nightvision goggles. It's a damn video game. What happened to just having a disc and a booklet? Art book... fine. NVG? Not worth the $$$.

:lecture

If you two idiots are getting the prestige, then it's the regular for me :lol

On a serious note, there is no need for "toy" nightvision goggles. It's a damn video game. What happened to just having a disc and a booklet? Art book... fine. NVG? Not worth the $$$.

ok...who asked bilbo? :D

Modern Warfare 2 to Lead Xmas Price Hike in the UK
Written Thursday, July 16, 2009 by Dan Webb

Activision confirmed to MCV today that Modern Warfare 2 will carry a recommended retail price of £54.99 in the UK when it drops this November because of the weakening of the pound and increased development costs.

THQ's Executive Vice President of worldwide publishing, Ian Curran, stated that the "exchange rates between the Euro and the pound are making it very difficult for publishers to show an acceptable operating margin in the UK."

"You can’t continue to trade as normal when the biggest territory in Europe has seen cost of goods increase by 30 per cent due to the strengthening of the Euro. Publishers somehow need to offset this drastic increase in costs. I’m not surprised to see the [Modern Warfare 2] SRP go up and I feel this will continue across more key titles."

The news is surely going to affect sales in this current economic crisis and retailers are even suggesting that other publishers will follow suit. EA however have told MCV that they won't be raising prices.

Despite the Activision statement, the price hike may not be that drastic with UK e-tailers - Play, Amazon, GAME, Gamestation - all listing the price around £45 with ShopTo listing it at £42.99.

Will the recent hike in price put you off a day one purchase?

https://www.xbox360achievements.org/news/news-3148-Modern-Warfare-2-to-Lead-Xmas-Price-Hike-in-the-UK.html

ok...who asked bilbo? :D

Soccer%20Fail.jpg

Back