The Not Alamo Drafthouse Poster Thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm glad the Martin Ansin Wonder Woman is an open edition. It should go well with his Superman print. Too bad they haven't made a good Affleck Batman movie yet. But I guess they will get around to it.

Also I got this Rear Window print this morning from MadDuckPosters.

Rear_Window_Poster_Jonathan_Burton.jpg

If it was Mondo it would be gone by now. It's better than any of the Rear Window prints released by Mondo to me.

I'm still reading the poster news stories but I'm seeing some good Spider-Man prints. That Friday the 13th is a letdown though. Seems like they can't get the rights to have characters on any of these.

When going over the NYCC releases I noticed that the Friday the 13th is from Rockin Jelly Bean. I thought there is no way with this guy's artwork he wouldn't want to have characters on a Friday the 13th poster. I looked at his site to see what other recent stuff he released and I saw this Friday the 13th homage poster. I'll only link it as it has nudity.

https://erostika.net/wp-content/uploads/2017/09/13a1.jpg

We missed out on a good official Friday the 13th poster...

I like what they did with the recent poster for The Thing and the shadows but I think they didn't get the titles right on either one. I don't get the electric connecting the fire on the regular. But I like the titles on that one. And the variant quad seems to be the best format yet it has simple titles. It probably would have been better for The Thing reveal shadows to be a glow in the dark layer and for both posters to have the classic Thing titles.

The Thing Matt Ferguson.jpg

The Thing Variant Matt Ferguson.jpg

This Sinister Six by Paolo Rivera is really good.

sinister-sixteen-paolo-rivera.jpg

I got the Batman Mask of the Phantasm from Marko Manev. I was watching that one since seeing the HCG booth pic at Expressobeans. I wasn't going to get any of his work after some past controversies but this Batman is too good to pass up.

I was tempted by the ApeMeetsGirl Gremlins print. They aren't joking about Easter Eggs in that one. There are tons. But I've only seen Gremlins once. I liked it and own an old Gimzo stuffed animal. But I think the whole cute animals being demons never sat well with me.

It's a good thing Mondo delayed their Halloween show as I picked up too many prints this month and Mondo Con is still coming up.

I got the Batman Mask of the Phantasm from Marko Manev. I was watching that one since seeing the HCG booth pic at Expressobeans. I wasn't going to get any of his work after some past controversies but this Batman is too good to pass up.

I was tempted by the ApeMeetsGirl Gremlins print. They aren't joking about Easter Eggs in that one. There are tons. But I've only seen Gremlins once. I liked it and own an old Gimzo stuffed animal. But I think the whole cute animals being demons never sat well with me.

It's a good thing Mondo delayed their Halloween show as I picked up too many prints this month and Mondo Con is still coming up.

Thanks for the tip about the B:MOTF print! I agree it’s cool print and I was surprised that it was still available. Regarding past controversies, were they regarding the Prometheus print and the DOFP bluray cover?

I’m also jazzed I picked up the ApeMeetsGirl Totoro variant as well! I still can’t believe how much spent on prints this month due to NYCC. Crazy.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Thanks for the tip about the B:MOTF print! I agree it’s cool print and I was surprised that it was still available. Regarding past controversies, were they regarding the Prometheus print and the DOFP bluray cover?

I’m also jazzed I picked up the ApeMeetsGirl Totoro variant as well! I still can’t believe how much spent on prints this month due to NYCC. Crazy.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

In my experience, every print I've wanted from galleries besides Mondo is a breeze to get. I think I saw a recent gallery note in their FAQ that they let an item sit in the cart for a few minutes so you can checkout and that site uses shopify just like Mondo. So Mondo just likes to make things difficult. If not for the early success and hype Mondo would just be an average gallery these days. I haven't purchased a Mondo print since Martin Ansin's Rocketeer. But if the prints I got were released by Mondo they would be sold out and on eBay right now.

I'm glad that Martin Ansin setup his Wonder Woman print to go with his Man of Steel from Mondo. I did a quick image edit and it looks really good. It should work color wise for people who got the variants too.

That Marko Manev Prometheus was cancelled because of the lifting from another artwork. I can't recall the DOFP problem. I didn't like the movie enough to get it on Blu-ray but I want to check out the Rogue cut one day. I only have Manev's X-Men Noir print. Searching around it seems like he didn't like that the idea was used for the Blu-ray cover.

Back