The Night HE Came Home: Show Us Some MYERS!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Your collection must be coming along now?

Is that four or five Myers now?

Unfortunately I fell into some traps buying a few recasts without knowing it until someone explained to me that "making casts off an original sculpt is a recast". I was still new at the time when I was buying those. :mad: And on top of that, the seller lied to me, saying he had permission from One to make casts off the original sculpts and One confirmed to me the recaster did have permission to recast the older sculpts just NOT the recent ones. Therefore I took those away and what I have left is 5 Myers figures with original sculpts (Caine, One's 2.0 sculpt and RZ H1, MadBug Retooled 2.0, and Resurrection). I suspect Beto sculpt is a recast. I contacted that eBay seller and he swears it is not. I do not think Beto or his guys would sell the Myers blank sculpts, did they? I checked for the air bubbles and if there were any details missing from this sculpt and I found nothing to show it was a recast. I could be wrong. So I guess I will use the recasts as a "practice" to paint and hair on, that's all they are good for.

Speaking of potential recasts....I recently won the eBay auction that sidious posted but have some concerns about the sculpt which I think is blackest eyes 2.0. Looking carefully at the videos One posted the hair colour is quite different between the 2, whereas there doesn't seem a big difference when looking at them in person. The other thing which is strange is that the shape 2.0 sculpt has one's goo to hold it on the peg, whereas the second doesn't. All the accessories are there as in the vid, so maybe I'm just worrying for no reason. Is there anything obvious that I should check for? TIA

Unfortunately I fell into some traps buying a few recasts without knowing it until someone explained to me that "making casts off an original sculpt is a recast". I was still new at the time when I was buying those. :mad: And on top of that, the seller lied to me, saying he had permission from One to make casts off the original sculpts and One confirmed to me the recaster did have permission to recast the older sculpts just NOT the recent ones. Therefore I took those away and what I have left is 5 Myers figures with original sculpts (Caine, One's 2.0 sculpt and RZ H1, MadBug Retooled 2.0, and Resurrection). I suspect Beto sculpt is a recast. I contacted that eBay seller and he swears it is not. I do not think Beto or his guys would sell the Myers blank sculpts, did they? I checked for the air bubbles and if there were any details missing from this sculpt and I found nothing to show it was a recast. I could be wrong. So I guess I will use the recasts as a "practice" to paint and hair on, that's all they are good for.

You live and learn.

And like you say you now have something to practice on.

Speaking of potential recasts....I recently won the eBay auction that sidious posted but have some concerns about the sculpt which I think is blackest eyes 2.0. Looking carefully at the videos One posted the hair colour is quite different between the 2, whereas there doesn't seem a big difference when looking at them in person. The other thing which is strange is that the shape 2.0 sculpt has one's goo to hold it on the peg, whereas the second doesn't. All the accessories are there as in the vid, so maybe I'm just worrying for no reason. Is there anything obvious that I should check for? TIA
Are you talking about the full figure from that guy in the UK? That is definitely real and was originally posted by One himself the first time.

The reason why the hair looks different is because that was his Shape 2.0 and not Blackest Eyes 2.0. Although I think he included the BE one as well as a bonus. But either way, that is certainly real.

That figure was genuine buddy.

I personally talked to the seller prior to him listing it and you should have no worries.

Are you talking about the full figure from that guy in the UK? That is definitely real and was originally posted by One himself the first time.

The reason why the hair looks different is because that was his Shape 2.0 and not Blackest Eyes 2.0. Although I think he included the BE one as well as a bonus. But either way, that is certainly real.

:exactly:

Thanks Ron for helping gamesmaster86 out there.

I've seen the eBay auction of the B.E. 2.0 figure with The Shape head sculpt and from what others said it's original. You got one heck of a great figure there! Probably a good deal from it too! Congrats!! Enjoy!!

Thanks everyone, I thought it was very unlikely to be a fake but puts my mind at rest. I think it was the lack of goo in the second sculpt that threw me. It's the second piece in my horror based detolf cab. Tarman and long arm freddy are on the way :) I'll be sure to post some pics of everything for peeps that are interested.

I know you guys were talking about putting real eyes or blacking out sculpts just recently...so for the hell of it I wanted to see how it would look on my 1/1. I was using handiboy's eye mask, and just cut out some black felt for the hell of it.

And to be quite frank, I think I'm liking the blacked out eyes more...makes the mask look more "myers-like". Maybe I should get some black nylon or something that's 50-50.

Myers2.jpg

THAT is scary! Your life like Myers does look better with his eyes blacked out. Makes him way more scarier. Set him up outside your front door on Halloween night and no kids would come to your door for treats! :lol

I'll have Myers and Jason set up by the front windows when it's Halloween time, dontcha worry.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk

I really love the look of Madbug's sculpts! Did you use the Thor's hands?? I need that pumpkin! Magnus, your Myers is sick! :D

Back