The Muppets new movie!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It does have plenty of the classic Muppet comedy, and since it's nostalgic, it has that Hollywood 40's/50's feel in some of the musical numbers. They don't shy away from the fact that most people think the Muppets aren't relevant anymore, but it actually makes the plot work because of that.
You'll be pleased to know that Pepe has just a very brief appearance... there was a lack of Rizzo IMO though.

You'll be pleased to know that Pepe has just a very brief appearance... there was a lack of Rizzo IMO though.
:yess:

:lol Thanks. We're hoping the family stays an extra day for Thanksgiving so the wife and I can get away to see it. Otherwise, baby duties prohibit the theater trips.

I'm hoping my parents will stay long enough so I can see the movie Friday, but not betting on that. It has a 98% on Rotten Tomatoes with 85 reviews in. That is extremely impressive.

I loved the new Muppets movie. It was a lot of fun. The Pixar short before the movie is awesome as well.

saw it last night. great movie. i put it right up there with the original 3, movie, manhattan and caper. it definitely had the old school feel. i teared up a few times but mostly during the scene where
Spoiler Spoiler:

great flick with a lot of great moments and some haha wtf moments.

love films where they break the 4th wall.

saw it last night. great movie. i put it right up there with the original 3, movie, manhattan and caper. it definitely had the old school feel. i teared up a few times but mostly during the scene where
Spoiler Spoiler:
I saw it last night and felt the same way. It was not as good as a typical episode of the Muppet Show, but then, neither were those older movies. It was a real love letter to the Muppets from the late '70s-early '80s, so I was very pleased with that. Those guys really get the essence and spirit of the Muppets that makes it so special and different from so many other "children's" franchises out there. Not mind blowing, perhaps even a bit conservative, but I think that was the appropriate approach and that it was a very nice return to form after so many years of Muppet mediocrity. The relationships between the various Muppets and their personalities were pretty spot on, as well, which was refreshing, and not all that easy to pull off.

As for specific scenes, I dug the moments where relatively unknown Muppets like Lew Zealand and Uncle Deadly had time to shine. The recreation of the opening scene from the Muppet Show was too awesome, as was the Rainbow Connection. I thought the opening song/dance number was great. Villain was a terrific choice. But I was a bit put off by the guest stars (or lack thereof). Galafianakis didn't have much to do, nor did Neil Patrick Harris or Judd Hirsch. And Jack Black got way more attention and respect than he deserved IMO. Seems like they could've gotten a true A-level star like Tom Hanks to host their telethon, but. . .minor quibbles. Very solid movie that I'll be happy to show my daughter alongside the Henson-era stuff down the road.

It was really fun for me. I wish there was just a little more Swedish Chef. I also love Amy Adams. She's super cute.

Yeah, I don't remember him doing that much in this one. Maybe one line or so.

Dr. Teeth was one of the only Palisades Muppets figures I bought back when those were out. Had to have him.

Saw it yesterday with the family, and loved it. It has a very nostalgic feel to it, and I really like the way the story was handled.

Really hope they make another, and better yet, bring the show back.

What a fun time that was watching that. This is what the Muppets needed, PEOPLE WHO LOVE THEM are the ones that make it. Not your typical hollywood bull____. I just hate that its through Disney.

80s Robot was so funny.

Life's a Happy Song....Oscar winner? At very least a nom right?

I loved it. I didn't miss the 'new' Muppets. I would have like Rizzo to be a little more...present.

there's not too much more to say that hasn't already been said about it. Glad they're back and the movie seems to be successful. Hopefully it's not another 12 years before there's another movie.

(My 6 year old niece now want to be a Muppet when she grows up...so Mission Accomplished.)

Back