The Lord of the Rings Polystone Statue and PF Lines are alive!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Masterside, I think we need to clarify if you work for Sideshow or know someone who does? Can what you say be considered as official info straight from Sideshow?

Have Sideshow and other companies been releasing 1/5 scale collectibles at exactly the same time or has there been a gap? Have they all been classed as the same type of collectible or have they been different ranges, I.e statues and PF's?

I just find it hard to believe that both Sideshow and Weta will be releasing 1/6 scale poly stone statues at the same time. But even if they do I don't think we'll see many statues from Sideshow, seeing how slowly they take to put out new items from middle-earth

There just needs to be 2 1/6 scale LOTR figures from SS, be it on separate bases or a single base. That would be Merry and Pip :lecture

If these are a no-show then the dam(n) will surely break :gimli:legolas:gandalf:aragorn

A fool's hope, but hope nonetheless!

If I may ask, masterside, if indeed more PF's and even maquettes are on the way, why has SS been so tight-lipped and anti-news of any kind regarding these lines unless customers bombarded the with questions via email or on FB? Were they not able to show us WIPs or did they simply choose not to? Thanks in advance for any info you may have!

A fool's hope, but hope nonetheless!

If I may ask, masterside, if indeed more PF's and even maquettes are on the way, why has SS been so tight-lipped and anti-news of any kind regarding these lines unless customers bombarded the with questions via email or on FB? Were they not able to show us WIPs or did they simply choose not to? Thanks in advance for any info you may have!

good legit questions:yess:

i dont see what the big deal is with both ss and weta having 1/6 licenses on lotr. weta can continue to release their 1/6 black base statues while sideshow's maquette series is more movie-moment with an environment base. I mean they are already doing it with gandalf, gollum etc.. (yes i know weta is using hobbit licenses for those, but the idea is no different).

I am 100% certain sideshow 1/4 PF good guy statues are dead, 1/4 PF bad guys should still be alive.

The real question is the 1/6 maquette series, masterside stating the license is still intact is a positive.

Masterside, if you really do have some connection with sideshow, i hope you can convey to them the frustration of leaving all the fans hanging on the LAST merry pippin piece of the fellowship series after stating it will be completed 3 years ago on record in video.

If they just finish the merry pippin and complete the fellowship in the maquette series, it will go a long way to appease the fans who purchased all the other 9 statues in the series.

We are not asking merry and pippin for free...we are willing to pay for it...

Can you imagine if it's like a 1/4 scaled Goblin Scribe or Hedgehog...LOL

I hope it's not poseable figures...not a big fan. Would prefer PFs, as the only 1/6 Hobbit statues I'll be buying are the ones from Weta. But congrats to those who do collect figures if that's indeed what it is.

Can you imagine if it's like a 1/4 scaled Goblin Scribe or Hedgehog...LOL

Oddly enough a goblins scribe would really be in line with what SS really seems to love - original monster and character design work. It would fit well with their Son of Monsterpalooza offerings.

And replaced it with 'Hobbit figures'! So, I'm guessing.... Figures as in poseable 1/6 scale? Not statues.

Yeahh that is sort of a weird thing isn't it. Why use the term figures here? I almost get the sense there were some bloody meetings over the course of the last year with the licensing folks.

O' look, 11 months after the first 'coming soon' we get..... another coming soon :lol

That 'Hobbit figures' is a bit funny isn't it, really makes it sound like 'Hot Toys' stuff. I guess we will find out 'soon'.

I hope it's not poseable figures...not a big fan. Would prefer PFs, as the only 1/6 Hobbit statues I'll be buying are the ones from Weta. But congrats to those who do collect figures if that's indeed what it is.

Finally some 'news'!

Agreed, it's great news for 1/6 scale collectors (if that's what they do turn out to be) and providing Sideshow follow it through and don't leave collectors with half a set of figures like the (half complete) Fellowship!!

Not sure if I'll be buying many though if it is...more of a statue collector myself - although might pick up the odd one if I like it enough...PFs would be excellent - don't think I'd be able to turn down a Bilbo or Thorin PF!!

O' look, 11 months after the first 'coming soon' we get..... another coming soon :lol

That 'Hobbit figures' is a bit funny isn't it, really makes it sound like 'Hot Toys' stuff. I guess we will find out 'soon'.

Actually, for quite awhile when you clicked the link you didn't get anything. I was shocked to see it still there and when I clicked on it, it said figures coming.

Could be PFs since they call them figures.

Back