The "Less Than High Speed" 1/6th Military Product Archive

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
s-l1600 (65).jpg

s-l1600 (66).jpg

s-l1600 (67).jpg

s-l1600 (44).jpg

s-l1600 (45).jpg

Last one for today (Part I here, Part II and Part III in the next couple of replies). Fun stuff. GI Joe did, at some point, make records. Had to use your imagination and only have audio. Not quite a figure or 1/6th obviously, but still, to highlight how you had to do more with less when there was simply far less technology to help you.

82mt19.jpg

82mtaj.jpg

82mt5c.jpg

82msql.jpg

Don't quite know the OP's definition of "Less Than High Speed" theme of the fantastic thread?
Yet even for all their vintage simplicity I'd still consider the original 1966 Space Capsule, and the "Friendship 7" (repaint) re-releas, absolute supercharged hi-octane icons, of any Joe collection. :wink1:

That said, too bad Hasbro never made a similarly scaled Apollo era Capsule, and the Eagle Lunar Lander. Though likely heavily stylized by design to minimize scale, would have made a couple of fantastic playsets.

Last edited:
Don't quite know the definition of "Less Than High Speed" theme of the fantastic thread? Yet even for all their vintage simplicity I'd still consider the original 1966 Space Capsule, and the "Friendship 7" (repaint) re-releas, absolute supercharged hi-octane icons, of any Joe collection. :wink1:

That said, too bad Hasbro never made a similarly scaled Apollo era Capsule, and the Eagle Lunar Lander. Though likely heavily stylized by design to minimize scale, would have made a couple of fantastic playsets.

Hey @Mondragon , thanks for the post and for sharing those pictures. It's much appreciated. I hope you choose to add a few more photos of your collection over time, but that's up to you.

I too would have loved toe see a Lunar Lander. That's one thing I feel is missing from current production lines, the whole concept of the "Adventure Team/Explorers" theme. New figures today are really quasi statues. However old GI Joe were real toys. They were designed as conduits for a kid's limitless imagination.

Have you seen Ad Astra? There's a moon buggy scene where the designs are very retro/classic in many ways. It's a bit violent, but again, it made me want to see one of them made in 1/6th as well. Again, thanks for sharing.

Back