The Last of Us - PS3 & PS4 (Remastered)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: 'The Last of Us' - new IP from Naughty Dog

Well I'm pretty certain this was billed as a prequel, so it would be before Ellie even met Joel.

It would be interesting if the DCL was actually Ellie telling Joel the whole story of what happened to her and Riley, though. I kind of like that idea. It could end with them sitting around a campfire, Joel with a guitar in his lap..."Time to lighten the mood a bit." Or some such. :lol

This has to be a prequel, unless they are going to ignore the comic book. Either way, i'm so ready for more of this game. I would love another Last of Us game, but with no Joel or Ellie. Different characters that may run into Joel and Ellie. Just to give us an update on them.

The language between Ellie and Riley is probably a red herring. It probably takes place right before they get ambushed in the mall by the infected, and her eventually turning herself. Which Ellie is probably the one to put her down.

:exactly:

BTW the game had a perfect ending no need to continue that, good thing this is a prequel

Since Naughty Dog has said they plan to make this a franchise, an ok formula I can see them doing is introducing a new pair of characters every 2 games and sort of make it an arc of 4 games, 2 with Joel and Ellie showing the start of the infection, the next two with another pair showing if the world can be saved and maybe finding the cure. Just a thought, but like you said the games ending was perfect.

Continuing the story with Joel & Ellie would be the biggest misstep the series could take. It would complete tarnish the story of their relationship, the building of their bond can only done once.

This story wasn't about Joel and Ellie. It was about Joel and Joel's Bag. You could tell that Joel's relationship with his bag had grown so much by the end of the story. He would tenderly check it at every stop, filling it with love, kindness, rags, and bottles. Even in the heat of battle, the two would huddle in the dark corners, whispering sweet Craftings to each other.

I just saw the trailer, my body is ready...To feel again.

Thatface20110725-22047-wlaopv.jpg

Continuing the story with Joel & Ellie would be the biggest misstep the series could take. It would complete tarnish the story of their relationship, the building of their bond can only done once.
Not necessarily. You can have ellie grow up and become a teen in the second game living peacefully with joel but of course things go wrong and she figures out he lied to her for all those years and Ellie wanders off on her own to find the truth while discovering the mystery of the virus and why she is immune. It could work. Ellie is a popular character afterall.

Since Naughty Dog has said they plan to make this a franchise, an ok formula I can see them doing is introducing a new pair of characters every 2 games and sort of make it an arc of 4 games, 2 with Joel and Ellie showing the start of the infection, the next two with another pair showing if the world can be saved and maybe finding the cure. Just a thought, but like you said the games ending was perfect.

Pull a resident evil. Each game has different characters while still referencing characters from previous games.

Not necessarily. You can have ellie grow up and become a teen in the second game living peacefully with joel but of course things go wrong and she figures out he lied to her for all those years and Ellie wanders off on her own to find the truth while discovering the mystery of the virus and why she is immune. It could work. Ellie is a popular character afterall.

Sure there are ways to continue it with them, I just think it would be a disservice to the first game. If they were in it at any capacity, it should be in cameo only.

Sure there are ways to continue it with them, I just think it would be a disservice to the first game. If they were in it at any capacity, it should be in cameo only.

Yea I see where your coming from. The first game was jus so perfect that continuing the story would screw it up. Then I say this is naughty dog. They make some epic games. The uncharted series has been greath throughout. Who knows at this point in time. I just would like to see Ellie back.

Yea I see where your coming from. The first game was jus so perfect that continuing the story would screw it up. Then I say this is naughty dog. They make some epic games. The uncharted series has been greath throughout. Who knows at this point in time. I just would like to see Ellie back.

Yeah if they absolutely felt they needed to continue the story to some degree, Joel should be dead and Ellie should be in her 20's or 30's.

I'm not saying that a follow up story wouldn't be good. But I like where it was left.

The world they're in is a terrible one with no guarantees. The dam provides some safety and reliability, but who's to say that a raid on the dam doesn't result in Ellie or Joel dying? Or another of the myriad things that could happen to them.

The ending was bittersweet, because while we (many of us, anyway) understand Joel's decisions, it still came at a gigantic price. Joel sacrificed, literally, the chance to save to world, in favor of his fatherly love of a companion. His choice came with a huge cost, but where Ellie and Joel end up is where they should be. And at best, it's a somewhat short term victory for Joel, because even with crops, livestock etc, what is the lifespan of someone in that day and age?

I don't want to learn anything past that.

Back