Premium Format The Joker ‘The Dark Knight’ - 1/4 Premium Format Statue

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
One thing I would say. The scale is small on joker. But detail is still awesome!

These look a bit too small to display with my comic 1/4 PFS.

I might have to get the PF to match.

Attachments

• IMG_8261.jpg
    IMG_8261.jpg
    265.7 KB · Views: 360
Given that I primarily collect movie pieces, it's getting pretty repetitive reading the same comments in these particular threads. I've only been collecting for three years now, and pretty much from day one I knew their facesculpts of actors weren't the greatest, or that their prototypes and production pieces can be vastly different, especially those Iron Man pieces.

Actually some are pretty good, while others are terrible. Here is a list of a few that I think you will find are some of their best ones.

I think just about every sculpt on all the Indy PFs are the best Ford sculpts ever produced.

The sculpt on the Dutch PF is the best Arnold sculpt on a figure IMO.

More recently the sculpt on the Hellraiser Pinhead PF looks just like the actor.

The biggest problem with Sideshow (other than their QC) are their paint jobs, some are painted horribly and some are painted decent like the paint on this Joker PF. Sadly none of their paint jobs are as realistic as the paint jobs on Hot Toys or Blitzways. :(

One thing I would say. The scale is small on joker. But detail is still awesome!

These look a bit too small to display with my comic 1/4 PFS.

I might have to get the PF to match.

Do it! Having the QS001 next to the Joker looks weird. From a distance one looks like a big plastic toy and the other a high quality statue. The Bale PF not only looks like Bale but the statue overall looks more realistic.

Actually some are pretty good, while others are terrible. Here is a list of a few that I think you will find are some of their best ones.

I think just about every sculpt on all the Indy PFs are the best Ford sculpts ever produced.

More recently the sculpt on the Hellraiser Pinhead PF looks just like the actor.

The biggest problem with Sideshow (other than their QC) are their paint jobs, some are painted horribly and some are painted decent like the paint on this Joker PF. Sadly none of their paint jobs are as realistic as the paint jobs on Hot Toys or Blitzways. :(

Do it! Having the QS001 next to the Joker looks weird. From a distance one looks like a big plastic toy and the other a high quality statue. The Bale PF not only looks like Bale but the statue overall looks more realistic.

That has A LOT to do with the HORRIBLE pose he has it in, to be honest. When you pose the HT right it blows the PF out of the water. I have both. Love the PF too tho and agree that it fits better next to the Ledger PF

Add Anything Arnie to that list... Terminators, Conan, Dutch.... All look great

That has A LOT to do with the HORRIBLE pose he has it in, to be honest.

Yeah has a lot to do with it but it's not the main reason, the armor looks fake and plastic looking to me.

When you pose the HT right it blows the PF out of the water.

I disagree, regardless of how it is posed the armor still looks fake, whereas the armor on PF doesn't have that plastic look to it. Also the proportions on the QS001 are off, the shoulders are too wide.

I have both.

I own both too, the QS001 has always looked like a big toy to me, just look at how fake and plastic looking the gauntlets look. However, the head sculpt is much more realistic than the sculpt on the PF.

Love the PF too tho and agree that it fits better next to the Ledger PF

Well at least we agree on that.

Add Anything Arnie to that list... Terminators, Conan, Dutch.... All look great

Agreed.

Last edited:

I think your right. Will be after Bale PF or I might just have Jojer on his own.

Re: The Dark Knight Joker

you know for 500 plus dollars(including shipping) I don't want weak magnets in my statue. Yes we have the right to be picky because it's 500 dollars! I have no idea why they went cheap with the magnets. Cost effective? The statue itself is an 8 out of 10 but lack of magnets or the use of weak magnets is making me return this. Congrats to those of you who are keeping this beautiful statue and not having this issue. It is a good addition to anyone's collection

Sent from my SM-G935T using Tapatalk

The Sideshow "elitists" that compulsively buy any and every subpar statue they come across are the only thing keeping Sideshow afloat other than their distribution deals with other toy and doll companies.

Crappy Christopher Reeve Supes PF, doing his Dam tap dancing jig? DEFENDED AND BOUGHT

Crappy Ledger Joker PF, surfin' with his painful scoliosis? DEFENDED AND BOUGHT

:lol

At least you're still here talking about Sideshow though.

Well my bad luck with SSC just keeps coming, first the head on my modern bats falls off due to its weak ass magnet and now the grey/silver paint on the base of my joker is starting to flake off.
Calling SS tomorrow, already planning on hearing about the $20 credit they will offer in my head.... sigh.

I seen this in person at a local shop, i do not like it... not.. one.. bit. The pose is sooo awkward to look at and the face is very bright it looked more like a mask then a painted face, then the flames look so goofy it breaks up the base in a bad way. TDK is one of my favorite movies and yet I cant like this joker. 8(

I seen this in person at a local shop, i do not like it... not.. one.. bit. The pose is sooo awkward to look at and the face is very bright it looked more like a mask then a painted face, then the flames look so goofy it breaks up the base in a bad way. TDK is one of my favorite movies and yet I cant like this joker. 8(

Even P1 messed up their Ledger, so no way SS was going to do a decent job.

Even P1 messed up their Ledger, so no way SS was going to do a decent job.

Prime 1s is also 1/2 scale so it was never really on my radar.

Imo there's nothing wrong with the accuracy of the Prime 1 sculpt as far as it goes, just that it was kind of a boring expression for a character as emotive as the Joker.

You hit the nail on the head

Imo there's nothing wrong with the accuracy of the Prime 1 sculpt as far as it goes, just that it was kind of a boring expression for a character as emotive as the Joker.

I didn't say the likeness was off, but that expression kills it for me. The kicker is that they redid it due to complaints(yes, it was worse) and that is what they come up with.

Sent pics to SSC, got an email stating that it is being forwarded to their "retention team", wtf dp does that mean?

God I hope they make this right and replace this...

I didn't say the likeness was off, but that expression kills it for me. The kicker is that they redid it due to complaints(yes, it was worse) and that is what they come up with.

:lecture

They didn't change the expression, they changed the pose. Personally I think their older pose was better as it looked more scene specific, the trouble is it didn't look natural.

Back