The Jabba diorama mix/mash: Star Wars, Empire & Jedi

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mandible

Super Freak
Reaction score
So I figured that since there were some "famous" bounty hunters hanging out at Jabba's place, and some "famous" cantina creepies, I'd do a combo diorama that represents all three films - yet still kinda makes sense that they would all be together :)

(excuse the upload - photo bucket keeps saying invalid URL???)

- sorry guys, and now it won't even load off my damn computer :slap

Can a mod please delete thread.

I can't get anything to work. I've uploaded a 1000 pix over the years so I have no idea WTF is going on...

Got it to work but a totally different way - had to copy IMG link and paste directly into post...FYI if anyone is having the same issues with photobucket (seems to be a problem for a few).

Pretty cool set up. Those Gentle Giant cantina statues actually look pretty good mixed in with the Sideshow characters.

Thanks guys!

As you said Madden - party time at Jabba's! :hi5:

Yeah Chaka, I'm pretty happy with them. I'd love to have your skill set to do some unique customs, but after how well the slave Leia went with Jabba I thought these guys might work okay.

Nate, the stone staircase is a GI Joe environment set: Desert Weapons Cache with Sandstorm

Mandible, how did you get slave Leia off her base? I have her, but do not want to screw her up. Would appreciate any help or payou to do mine. Awesome display BTW.

Mandible, how did you get slave Leia off her base? I have her, but do not want to screw her up. Would appreciate any help or payou to do mine. Awesome display BTW.

I think I remember somebody saying you have to basically saw her off but I'd never try that in a million years. :)

I think I remember somebody saying you have to basically saw her off but I'd never try that in a million years. :)
I read a tutorial on the process and it scares the hell out of me to even try. Even though I am restoring my wife's 76 camaro by myself and I am not scared about that lol.

Yep, Madden is correct; I had to saw her off.

I saw someone do it on another forum years ago and decided to try my luck. (They removed everything off her including her skirt pieces and recut them in fabric).

I took it to a local furniture manufacturer and used a bandsaw. I cut in about 1/4" from the top and slowly moved through the resin base. She is held in by steel pegs and once you cut them she simply fell off in my hand.

I then sanded the pegs down to level.

The last thing was the skirt front piece that drapes over the base was cut off, so I glued it back on and used some milliput to clean it up.

Amazing job. Hope I grow a pair big enough to try it. Such an awesome statue and likeness. I want to display her wth jabba, but the base has to go.

Can you post some up close pics of her and of her underneath mandible if you do not mind? Thanks brother!

I'm away until Wednesday, but I'll do it then.

It'll probably make you cry... and not in a good way :)

Here's one a bit closer I took the other day.

JabbaampLeia_zps506bdc17.jpg

Back